NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

That's odd... I've had my Metcons since March and haven't experienced that at all. The only issue I had at first was slight heel lift, but after a couple of weeks the broke in and I don't have that issue anymore.

By no means do I mean any disrespect by this, but I've been doing crossfit for 4 years now and whenever I hear of anyone complaining about their feet pushing forward during a Thruster or KB swing it is usually a form issue. As you are doing these movements are your heels planted firmly to the floor and do you have the ability to wiggle your toes freely during the movement?

Many times you see people struggling in the front rack position because they don't have the mobility to hold the bar properly during the front squat and it causes them lean forward and their heels to come up which is going to push your foot forward. Same with KB swings, so many people have a tendency to lift their heels up and go onto their toes rather than drive their heels into the floor and explode from their hips to push the KB up and through the window, which again is going to cause your foot to move in the shoe.  

But, everyone has a different shape to their foot and the arch, width, bones, old injuries, etc... can cause various issues with equipment. Just wanted to toss that out there just incase. 
we're talking about the lunar ultimates. i'm a fan of the metcons.

I missed that... My mistake, sorry.
yep i love the metcons, i have 5 pairs. metcons are just fine. its the lunar ultimate trs. this is going to be my endurance shoe, i am not going to send it back i am just going to wear it casually and for the cardio type wods. 

That's odd... I've had my Metcons since March and haven't experienced that at all. The only issue I had at first was slight heel lift, but after a couple of weeks the broke in and I don't have that issue anymore.

By no means do I mean any disrespect by this, but I've been doing crossfit for 4 years now and whenever I hear of anyone complaining about their feet pushing forward during a Thruster or KB swing it is usually a form issue. As you are doing these movements are your heels planted firmly to the floor and do you have the ability to wiggle your toes freely during the movement?

Many times you see people struggling in the front rack position because they don't have the mobility to hold the bar properly during the front squat and it causes them lean forward and their heels to come up which is going to push your foot forward. Same with KB swings, so many people have a tendency to lift their heels up and go onto their toes rather than drive their heels into the floor and explode from their hips to push the KB up and through the window, which again is going to cause your foot to move in the shoe.  

But, everyone has a different shape to their foot and the arch, width, bones, old injuries, etc... can cause various issues with equipment. Just wanted to toss that out there just incase. 
def dont have any front rack or mobility issues :wink:

They didn't have any on display, they said they had just got that shipment in and there was one size 10.  If you're looking for the anthracite/white cw sports authority is showing them online. I CF at CF Gastonia. 
No way, that's awesome. I WOD at the sister box in Kings Mountain, but I got started about 2 years ago at CFG.

New to CF. Finished my 4 class intro this morning and now I'm signed up for the real thing.

Totally underestimated how physically demanding (but rewarding) CF is. Glad I took the plunge, and I'm looking forward to my future WODs!

Welcome to the NT CrossFit family bro! Hope you enjoy it. CrossFit is an amazing sport.

Hadn't seen this posted, but july 9th was confirmed by a Nike employee (I know it's already been confirmed, but reconfirming the confirmation, duh). I'd rock these, but I'm sure they won't be coming in a size 12 or whatever the ladies conversion is :tongue:

I defiantly be getting my wife a pair for her birthday, may grab me some too if they have 11.5 or 12. 

hey guys first time post been following the action for a few days though. I've really wanted to get the grey metcons for a while. Checked all my sources every day. Finally found them on the fnl website. Finally came in today! Check these ban boys out!
View media item 1589711View media item 1589713Ya those don't look dove grey to me. Called fnl and just my luck they don't have the grey anymore. A little upset about the situation because I have seen the grey ones on a couple other sites and now nobody has them. Anyone else ever have this problem with any of the vendors?

That sucks man, sorry to see that.  Some how the shoes must have been put in a different box. You could message @rodrigofresh and talk to him about it he should have clarification if this happens.

I had one shoe sent in the box before from a vendor, called them, they were aware of the situation and set the other shoe to me in the mail within 2 days of calling them. They were not as big as FNL though.

Last edited:
That sucks man, sorry to see that.  Some how the shoes must have been put in a different box. You could message @rodrigofresh
and talk to him about it he should have clarification if this happens.

I had one shoe sent in the box before from a vendor, called them, they were aware of the situation and set the other shoe to me in the mail within 2 days of calling them. They were not as big as FNL though.
I assumed they just got put back in the wrong box. Mistakes happen, I understand that. Just a little disappointed they are out of the grey ones at this point.

hey guys first time post been following the action for a few days though. I've really wanted to get the grey metcons for a while. Checked all my sources every day. Finally found them on the fnl website. Finally came in today! Check these ban boys out!

Ya those don't look dove grey to me. Called fnl and just my luck they don't have the grey anymore. A little upset about the situation because I have seen the grey ones on a couple other sites and now nobody has them. Anyone else ever have this problem with any of the vendors?
look up dream mountain kicks on ebay they are marked up a bit but the shipping is free

yep i love the metcons, i have 5 pairs. metcons are just fine. its the lunar ultimate trs. this is going to be my endurance shoe, i am not going to send it back i am just going to wear it casually and for the cardio type wods. 
Thats what i am looking to use them for. Im excited to use them for the chipper workouts and anything without heavy weight. But obviously i wanted to see if anyone thought they were worthy of any crossfit workout. Im excited about getting them. I appreciate all the feedback.

And i do LOVE my metcons. Interested to try on the Nano 5.0 as well

Last edited:
hey guys first time post been following the action for a few days though. I've really wanted to get the grey
for a while. Checked all my sources every day. Finally found them on the fnl website. Finally came in today! Check these ban boys out!
View media item 1589711View media item 1589713Ya those don't look dove grey to me. Called fnl and just my luck they don't have the grey anymore. A little upset about the situation because I have seen the grey ones on a couple other sites and now nobody has them. Anyone else ever have this problem with any of the vendors?

What CW is that they sent you by mistake? Looks pretty sick

View media item 1591643Just my luck , got a pair for Father's Day, AWSOME!!
The fit is good went tts sz10 , the feel was instant when putting my foot on the ground , it felt planted , which is a good thing . After pulling out the insole , I see why it felt so stable and planted , the insole is like an inch thick . Can't wait till morning to give these a good run through . View media item 1591633

Last edited:
I got my university reds in. I feel more locked in by sizing down .5 which is good. The forefoot feels snug but they should stretch slightly after a couple sessions. I think any Metcons I order from now on will be .5 smaller than my true size.

Back
Top Bottom