NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Just a couple of things for people getting their first pair of metcons....

After just working out in the Frasers, the heel slip that youll hear about I think is mostly the first few workouts you do in them.  I remember heel slip in ever pair Ive bought (all blacks, game royals, amps, og volts, frasers) but this shoe does require a break in period.  Once you loosen up the sole the shoes bends a bit better and the slip goes away.

.5 size down for me was the way to go.  I do like my shoes fitting a bit snug, but the size 9 metcons fit me like a 9.5 free trainer for comparison.

The new mesh is a completely different animal than the old mesh.  Nike made a huge upgrade by switching the mesh after the first cw runs.

Big thanks to Fresh for the link.  Got 2 pairs of frasers, easily my fav cw.  Now im on the fence about getting the dove greys.  But with 7 pairs, I might just call it a day until the red metcon 2s come out.

-RK

Thanks you guys for all the awesome information in this thread! Just wondering if anyone has any information on the Frasers getting into Niketown stores? I'm going to Minnesota next week for Youth Weightlifting nationals and was hoping to snag a pair at the Mall of America location. Thanks!

Nike mentioned on twitter that the Frasers would release sometime in July on their site and I presume also at Niketown locations.  Good luck in the nationals.

So, after a quick gym session this morning, I can give a quick review, fit is ok. For me, I would prefer a higher ankle cut , felt to low. The feel was good nice an sturdy, when in a squat position, transition to running is good , for a stiff , but flexible shoe . Breakin still in process , I'm sure I'll get use to the feel of the low ankle cut . Can't wait to get these more loses up...

does anyone know if there is any way to get a heads up on when rogue is about to post some pairs besides the email thing?  I've tried that for a few different colors and it has yet to help me out

does anyone know if there is any way to get a heads up on when rogue is about to post some pairs besides the email thing?  I've tried that for a few different colors and it has yet to help me out
Keep the page open and hit refresh until the shoes appear for sale.

i mean like a day or 2 ahead of time.  i open their page multiple times throughout the day, but i can't stay on my computer all day every day.   and mid-june is pretty vague

i mean like a day or 2 ahead of time.  i open their page multiple times throughout the day, but i can't stay on my computer all day every day.   and mid-june is pretty vague
Welcome to the struggle man.  Check here often as well, if there's any in stock anywhere it usually gets posted here pretty quickly.

could be worse.. could be a canadian citizen (myself) ..and having a size and cw you want avail on FNL.. but they wont let you buy it. lol. 

soooo, used my og grey/volt metcons to practice Turkish get-ups today and this happened

View media item 1594190
The grey just completely rubbed of and even a bit of the rubbery material underneath. Considering I only did about 4 reps per side this is pretty terrible. I'm gonna shoot nike an email to see if I can get a voucher

worst part about this is that these were one of my favorite color metcons. now the decision to hunt down another pair or move on

Last edited:
soooo, used my og grey/volt metcons to practice Turkish get-ups today and this happened

The grey just completely rubbed of and even a bit of the rubbery material underneath. Considering I only did about 4 reps per side this is pretty terrible. I'm gonna shoot nike an email to see if I can get a voucher

worst part about this is that these were one of my favorite color metcons. now the decision to hunt down another pair or move on
I keep my nano 4s in my bag, just for rope climbs, too afraid of this happening... :/

View media item 1594190

Something similar happened to my Dove Greys after a seal walk. I shot a note and got something back that basically said that the damage is more cosmetic than anything else, and since it doesn't effect shoe performance there wasn't much they could do.

Back
Top Bottom