NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I'm mad at myself. People been saying same size as the Nano 3s, so I got tts. Now I just saw that I had sized down on my nano 3s. Man, the metcons coming in are going to be too big =/

My suggestion to folks, if they can afford to, due to the current distribution issues, to buy the size they normally wear and a pair .5 size lower and just take back whichever pair doesn't fit to Nike Factory Store or Foot Locker depending where you purchased from.

My suggestion to folks, if they can afford to, due to the current distribution issues, to buy the size they normally wear and a pair .5 size lower and just take back whichever pair doesn't fit to Nike Factory Store or Foot Locker depending where you purchased from.

Wish I would have done this! Hoping I can snag an 11.5 soon. FYI a bunch of sizes in the black/volt popped up on rogue fitness today looks like 7.5 and 12.5 are the only ones left as of now. Hoping some of you guys were able to snag a pair. Also looks like there is an 11 in the orange pair.

Last edited:
I think these shoes are dead on TTS. Same size I'd buy a Nike Free in. Same size as my Nanos. Nike Training thinks they run a half size SMALL, so when they sent me the 2 pair I got before they released they upsized what size I told them by half a size. I've worn them for 6 weeks and they are a tiny bit big but nothing that prevents me from catching a heavy snatch or running in them. I would strongly suggest NOT going a half size smaller. Once again, if anything, NT (and my feet) say they are TTS or slightly small. (I think they are perfectly TTS)

All my Nike's are size 10.5 and the Metcons (10.5) fit the same for me.

I was able to buy both 10 and 10.5 in case they did indeed run large.

With that being said, I do have a pair of size 10 (blue and orange) coming in tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I think these shoes are dead on TTS. Same size I'd buy a Nike Free in. Same size as my Nanos. Nike Training thinks they run a half size SMALL, so when they sent me the 2 pair I got before they released they upsized what size I told them by half a size. I've worn them for 6 weeks and they are a tiny bit big but nothing that prevents me from catching a heavy snatch or running in them. I would strongly suggest NOT going a half size smaller. Once again, if anything, NT (and my feet) say they are TTS or slightly small. (I think they are perfectly TTS)
I agree. I buy a 9 in pretty much everything and all my other nikes are 9s. These shoes are def TTS IMO

I'm a 9.5 in Nike Frees and Jordans and I bought a 10 in the Metcon 1s because I found the 9.5s too small.

Anyone confused on sizing yet :D LOL. Anyway found this review from Project X (they sell Crossfit apparel) and thought it may be of interest to some. On a personal note I like the padding a lot more in the Metcon than the Nano and it has helped my feet especially the one that I broke playing basketball a couple of years ago.

"Project X
February 28 at 11:19am ·
After a week of wearing them, it's safe to say that I prefer Nano's to Metcon's.

The Metcon's are wide enough. The sole is pretty stable for lifting. I ran some 400's in them, lifted with them and walked all over Disneyland for 2 days without discomfort...but

I don't like the way they look on my feet. The toe box is obviously wider than other Nikes and the shoes tend to look really long. I felt like I was walking around in a clown shoe.

We'll keep an eye on them. We love what Nike is bringing to the table from a style perspective. We think they will work great for some people. For now, we'll be sticking with Nano's for most of our everyday WOD's.

We also ordered some of the Froning Compete's so we'll see how those work...though they don't look super pretty online.

Enjoy the weekend! Have fun with 15.1/15.1A

Todd"

Last edited:
Reebok doesn't do a good job of enhancing their product as much as Nike does IMO. They had the NFL contract for quite some time, and Nike swooped in scooped it up and did more the first year then Reebok did all years. When it comes to the Nanos I hear the older models performing better than the current ones.

I'm still wearing the 1.0's. I had them in black/silver and now orange/blue. They are so hard to find it seems now

I snagged a pair of the Orange/blue color way in a size 11.5 on the Nike site the other day. I need a 12, if anyone feels like their 12 is too big I am looking to trade straight up.

Anyone confused on sizing yet :D LOL. Anyway found this review from Project X (they sell Crossfit apparel) and thought it may be of interest to some. On a personal note I like the padding a lot more in the Metcon than the Nano and it has helped my feet especially the one that I broke playing basketball a couple of years ago.

"Project X
February 28 at 11:19am ·
After a week of wearing them, it's safe to say that I prefer Nano's to Metcon's.

The Metcon's are wide enough. The sole is pretty stable for lifting. I ran some 400's in them, lifted with them and walked all over Disneyland for 2 days without discomfort...but

I don't like the way they look on my feet. The toe box is obviously wider than other Nikes and the shoes tend to look really long. I felt like I was walking around in a clown shoe.

We'll keep an eye on them. We love what Nike is bringing to the table from a style perspective. We think they will work great for some people. For now, we'll be sticking with Nano's for most of our everyday WOD's.

We also ordered some of the Froning Compete's so we'll see how those work...though they don't look super pretty online.

Enjoy the weekend! Have fun with 15.1/15.1A

Todd"

So this dude basically said they are great except for the aesthetics? Que? And i thought i was picky

Yep but he also said that "We love what Nike is bringing to the table from a style perspective" so a bit mixed up.

Anyone who has ordered via rogue, how soon has your pair arrived after it ships?

Mine shipped two days ago. Just curious.

Last edited:
I snagged a pair of the Orange/blue color way in a size 11.5 on the Nike site the other day. I need a 12, if anyone feels like their 12 is too big I am looking to trade straight up.

This would have been ideal for me. My pair are the all black though, and they are not DS |I

If anyone ordered a pair of the black/anthracite metcons from champs.....mine shipped today. My brother's are still back ordered though.

Hey does anyone know where I can find a pair besides ebay. Thanks I beem looking everywhere for 11.5 black.

These run TTS for me. Perfect fit.
I wear an 11 in just about everything Nike.

I can't compare them to Nanos because I've never owned a pair.
A friend that tried them on found them to be more stable on squats.
Noticeable difference between Nanos and Metcons when it came to pistols.

Prior to these, I wore New Balance Minimus 20v3.
Metcons are obviously heavier but not enough to notice during a workout.
Everyone's been mentioning the roomy toebox but it's nothing crazy.
For me the NBs had a bit more wiggle room up front.

No issue with double unders- good enough cushioning up front.
OHS and wall balls were just fine thanks to the stability of the heel.
Isabel yesterday with no problems.
Haven't done heavy lifting in them yet- I'll try that today.
No runs either.
So as far as functional fitness goes, these shoes deliver.

2 thumbs up so far!

I thought I liked the volt colorway the best but these blue/orange joints are :smokin
If they made an all volt colorway, a la Romaleo, it'd be a wrap, though.

View media item 1432847

Mine came Tuesday night (the orange/blue/black model). I wear a 10 in other Nike's, but some shoes fit me better in 9.5. I ordered the 10 (debated ordering a second set in 9.5 but they sold out on Nike and later on Rogue - the black - before I could). They definitely fit TTS for me. The only caveat is that they have a fairly thick insole. When I took them out and replaced them with the SmartSole that I wear in my ASICS and my Air Free running shoes, they felt roomy. But I don't see any need to do that - it's a quality insole, good for CF workouts, and I'll be keeping those. 

I wore them last night. My coach suggested I try our back squat set in them, but I kept to my lifters (and got a nice PR :)). I switched to the METCONs for a METCON of burpee box jump overs, kettle bell clean and jerk, and air squats, and they felt great. I didn't even notice them, which is the best I could hope for. Very glad I purchased them, and look forward to more use.

Also, that orange is mighty bright... wow. 

The best way to keep up to date on these is to follow @nikestore

on Twitter. They announced the exact time and date for the orange/blue ones several days in advance, so I was ready to go to the computer at 10 am. My size was gone by 10:30. 

Back
Top Bottom