NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I'd go large.. im a 32" in the redline shorts and went medium on the vapor woven shorts.. They are not your typical Nike baggy shorts which I like.. Kind of snug actually..

I'll bet a large would be the fit for you.. Good luck, you'll love them..

I'd say go medium if you like them above the knee and tight in the butt/quad area. Large if you like them loose in the quads and right at the knee and room to squat. Regardless, the waistband fits the same in my opinion because of the material it's made from. It's like an elastic type that prevents them from sagging.

Regardless of waist size the inseam is 8"... For reference, I'm 5'11" 185lbs 32" waist and wear mediums.. They are more on the snug side than loos and well above the knee.. These are the ones I'm referencing.. There are other Vapors that run longer I believe..

If it were me and I were a 34" waist I personally would go large..

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/8-flex-training-shorts/pid-1569974/pgid-10347796

Last edited:
While we're talking about shorts Rhone definitely makes the best shorts to wod in. 

I don't get paid until Friday so I'm hoping to God there's a delay with Rogue for the RWB until then.

Yeah definitely.

The Vapors dont hold in sweat like the lulus do. I remember I would finish doing 30 minute wods and the lulus would be heavy, drenched in sweat. The Vapors are way lighter and water jumps off them as soon as it hits. They are also made with a material much tougher than any lulu I've bought.

BEst thing about it is that they're nike. Eventually all type of Nike material hits the outlet or their sale online. They have some colors of vaporson NDC right now on sale.
Are they short tho???

Can someone with the Nike Vapor shorts measure them from the top of the waist to the bottom of the shorts along the outside seam (and let us know what size you are measuring)?

I find the inseam is now an unreliable measurement since the waist to crotch measurement is now variable across different shorts models and won't really give an accurate representation of "fit".

Can someone with the Nike Vapor shorts measure them from the top of the waist to the bottom of the shorts along the outside seam (and let us know what size you are measuring)?

I find the inseam is now an unreliable measurement since the waist to crotch measurement is now variable across different shorts models and won't really give an accurate representation of "fit".

View media item 1613216
Shorts are in the wash.. Wore them today to do "Badger".. Best fitting shorts I've worn.. Again 5'11" 185lbs and these are a medium..

3RFT
30 Squats Cleans 95lbs
30 Pull Ups
800m Run

Shorts are in the wash.. Wore them today to do "Badger".. Best fitting shorts I've worn.. Again 5'11" 185lbs and these are a medium..

Scratch that.. Here you go! Hope this helps..
Hahaha, thanks man for basically the best customer service ever! I wish Nike was this useful when getting measurements.

Super helpful also, my favorite pair of shorts are old Nike Mesh shorts from circa-2007 that I haven't given up yet. They are 19.5" outseam and 7" inseam, so these Vapors finally look like the proper replacement. Most recent Nike shorts have been way too long & baggy.

Loving this Metcon thread ... great ratio of info, help, and hype posts.

Hahaha, thanks man for basically the best customer service ever! I wish Nike was this useful when getting measurements.

Super helpful also, my favorite pair of shorts are old Nike Mesh shorts from circa-2007 that I haven't given up yet. They are 19.5" outseam and 7" inseam, so these Vapors finally look like the proper replacement. Most recent Nike shorts have been way too long & baggy.

Loving this Metcon thread ... great ratio of info, help, and hype posts.

Anytime man! There's nothing baggy about these! Get a pair.. You won't regret it..

Is that a nike travel suitcase?

I don't pack heavy for comps. I stuff my lifters (tape,wraps,gymnastics grips) knee sleeves and jump rope. Belt only if there is a 1rm lift. I have a King Kong bag. Throw in a couple perfect bars and a kill cliff or two. Still prefer coffee so we locate the nearest Starbucks and send someone on a coffee run. :lol:

Is that a nike travel suitcase?

I don't pack heavy for comps. I stuff my lifters (tape,wraps,gymnastics grips) knee sleeves and jump rope. Belt only if there is a 1rm lift. I have a King Kong bag. Throw in a couple perfect bars and a kill cliff or two. Still prefer coffee so we locate the nearest Starbucks and send someone on a coffee run. :lol:

It's the No Bull Duffleback, I actually won it via an Instagram contest a few months ago. It was my first comp, so I went a little overboard with gear and nutrition supplies that day. Normally in the bag is a pair of metcons, lifters, knee sleeves, wrist wraps, belt, and jump rope. Basically, I want to be prepared for whatever the WOD / Strength work might be on any given day if I don't get a chance to look ahead of time.

Day of the comp I carried what you see in the pic, along with grey/gum metcons, two kinds of Progenex protein, a handful of Kill Cliffs, some random bars, and a couple of red bulls in case there wasn't coffee readily accessible.

Last edited:
Just ordered a pair of the Nike shorts. Listed under Nike 8" flex. Same item number as those listed on Richards under Nike 8" Woven. $49.99, looking forward to trying them.

Just ordered a pair of the Nike shorts. Listed under Nike 8" flex. Same item number as those listed on Richards under Nike 8" Woven. $49.99, looking forward to trying them.

Let us know what you think when they come in.. Anyone know of a NDC coupon code that can be used?

Last edited:
Nike did change the name of the shorts on their site to flex from vapor woven. I think this was to be consistent with their other high end pair of shorts (flex repel). I haven't tried those but the vapors or flex are great.

Back
Top Bottom