NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

How durable did they make the flyknit? Is it backed with glue for support like what they did when first used for basketball? Or is it pure flyknit? You think that will survive long with rope climbs? That's not too many questions? Is it?

:lol:

They look like a very high quality shoe. Its not so knitted as the running flyknits. It's more like the Kobe 9/10 flyknit material.

Last edited:
That's a bummer that Nike decided to make the 3's narrower and longer. I have a pair of id's in the works and I went the same size as my 1's and 2's. Guessing these will be too big. Hoping the flyknits fit better.

Last edited:
Did my first workout with DSX's on this morning and I must say Nike really outdid themselves with this shoe.
Wod: 18min amrap: 4 thrusters(115lb) 6 box jump burpees 8 t2b

Great stability when doing thrusters, Responsive off the ground when jumping, cushioning when landing on the box. My foot never felt like it was coming out and they felt like a glove. They're a must cop and definitely 5 stars! Can't wait for Thursday's white/ black colorway to drop!

Did my first workout with DSX's on this morning and I must say Nike really outdid themselves with this shoe.
Wod: 18min amrap: 4 thrusters(115lb) 6 box jump burpees 8 t2b

Great stability when doing thrusters, Responsive off the ground when jumping, cushioning when landing on the box. My foot never felt like it was coming out and they felt like a glove. They're a must cop and definitely 5 stars! Can't wait for Thursday's white/ black colorway to drop!

I second this. Had my second workout in them this morning. Love them.

I have them on right now. Initial thought it that it's a combination of lifters with the regular metcon feel. A lot of heel support. I have a competition tomorrow and I will let you guys know it how it goes.

I wore my DSX 3s today for the first time. We did Cindy today, so just a few movements to test them out. 

First Impressions: The fit and comfort are great. I went with a 10, which is the same size I wear in the 1s & 2s. I have a normal foot shape with a slightly high arch and find that they fit me just right. If I had sized down they would have been too tight. I didn't have any heel slip or front to back movement in the shoe at all. I was a little worried about the laces when I took them out of the box, but they stayed tied the entire workout without having to double knot them.

The extra cushion in the sole was a nice change of pace, its noticeably more comfortable without compromising your movement. I didn't feel any difference with my air squats, but loved the cushion dropping from the bar.  Not sure if anyone else has this, but every so often dropping from the bar or on box jumps I'll land and get a "sting" in the bottom of my foot in both my 1s & 2s.  I didn't get one of those dropping down from the pull up bar this morning. I'm excited to see how much better box jumps and longer runs will be with the extra cushion.

The flywire is 100% better than the regular material breathability wise. The fabric seems to be a bit more heavy duty than the flywire nike runners I've had, but is significantly more flexible than the regular metcon material. While doing pushups I didn't even notice the shoes flexing compared to my 2s. When doing a workout like Cindy in my 2s I would find that my instep would start to get a little sore from the lack of flex in the 2s being in the push-up position/plank position for extended amounts of time. I didn't have that feeling after the WOD today. 

Overall I'm really happy with them after my first WOD, now I'll just have to see how they hold up with other movements going forward. 

Last edited:
damn, y'all got me hyped to get a pair of DSXs. I'm trying to hold out till NTSF has them in so I can see them in person, but it's getting had to wait.

Glad they fixed the issues with the 1s and 2s, laces being one of them. Also the cushion and flexibility sound great

Can anyone with th DSX Flyknit comment as to how the Metcon 2 compare fit wise with the DSX. I know above it is mentioned that stay the same size but could I potentially go up .5 on the DSX?

I ask as I have a 10 in the Metcon 2 but feel I need slightly more room length wise and is the DSX fit marginally smaller / tighter than the 2s this would allow me to go up .5.

Thanks

Do the metcon 3 regulars or DSX squeek like the 2's?

That was the only thing that drove me crazy about the 2's.

Last edited:
Ok just did my first competition in my dsw metcon
50 wall balls: felt like I was wearing lifters. Way more stability in my squats.
40 lateral bar burpees: this shoe sucks for doing jumping movements. I could pinpoint where exactly in the shoe in which in felt heavier. The heel is really thick, making it hard to transition into a fast moving burpee.
30 snatch: felt comfortable, had the support needed to rock them out

Ok just did my first competition in my dsw metcon
50 wall balls: felt like I was wearing lifters. Way more stability in my squats.
40 lateral bar burpees: this shoe sucks for doing jumping movements. I could pinpoint where exactly in the shoe in which in felt heavier. The heel is really thick, making it hard to transition into a fast moving burpee.
30 snatch: felt comfortable, had the support needed to rock them out

Surprised by this.. due to the lightness of the shoe and the extra cushioning jumping felt excellent yet stability was sacrificed in the lifts. But they aren't designed for lifting..

Can anyone with th DSX Flyknit comment as to how the Metcon 2 compare fit wise with the DSX. I know above it is mentioned that stay the same size but could I potentially go up .5 on the DSX?

I ask as I have a 10 in the Metcon 2 but feel I need slightly more room length wise and is the DSX fit marginally smaller / tighter than the 2s this would allow me to go up .5.

Thanks

I've gone true to size in my 1's, 2's, 3's and in the dsx. The dsx is slightly narrower but no issue for me.

Anybody have any information on the next line of CWs to be released?  Looking for something similar to the Wolf Grey Metcon 1s.  I've seen a similar M3 and DSX version on the nikemetcon instagram but no information yet.

just an FYI for fun ....

NDC UK has all-black DSXs "coming soon".  They do not show the Platinum / White / Paramount Blue CW, though.  The rest of the men's and women's DSX CWs are the same.

As for Metcon 3s, they have the AMP version "coming soon" but none of the regular CWs with blue (including the Chlorine Blue Soled ones) show up at all.

Back
Top Bottom