NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I wasn't too far from you during that final team event. A former coach and buddy of mine was on that ASAP team that got fifth and is heading to the Games.

Nice richiemcfly richiemcfly ! Our owner and coach was an individual competitor (Dusty Sulon). Was 2 spots out of 5th! Proud of him to say the least. Dude has been to regionals 7 years straight, and it was his best finish and almost went to the games! (After Julian Alacaraz opted out). It was great to see him in the Final heat though with the big dogs for the last event.

lucho lucho ASAP was killing it! Congrats to your buddy. You planning on heading to Madison to watch?

California Regionals was awesome, I've gone to spectate every regional since 2014 when NorCal was its own region and I think the crowd energy at this one was the best. Icing on the cake was seeing my good friend Chyna take first in the women's individuals!

Anyone going to be at the Portland regional this weekend?

I was at Nashville last week working. I work for the company that does all the chip timing and scoring for the Games.

@Lucho ASAP was killing it! Congrats to your buddy. You planning on heading to Madison to watch?
Man i want to so bad!! But i have a bachelor party in San Diego in July, and my wife is going to a bachelorette cruise in August. That's a lot of money this summer for me to go to Madison. 

Why are the crossfit finals in Wisco? Seems odd to have the games in one of americas most obese states :lol:

I think the biggest plus is that everything they need is relatively close to each other. The main venue, a water body, running/hiking trails. Everything is a walk away, which makes it easier for not just the athletes but the spectators as well.

I wasn't too far from you during that final team event. A former coach and buddy of mine was on that ASAP team that got fifth and is heading to the Games.

nice man :nerd:

where you there for all 3 days?

The games is a no go for me this year too. Tough for me to justify paying for the flight from cali to Wisconsin when I can go to more desirable places for the same price :lol:

nice man
nerd.gif

where you there for all 3 days?

The games is a no go for me this year too. Tough for me to justify paying for the flight from cali to Wisconsin when I can go to more desirable places for the same price
laugh.gif
Yea i flew down Friday morning and came back up to Sac Sunday night. 

Some girls i was with were looking at tickets and saw that they were like $600 round trip.

I think the biggest plus is that everything they need is relatively close to each other. The main venue, a water body, running/hiking trails. Everything is a walk away, which makes it easier for not just the athletes but the spectators as well.

Yea I believe this was the big selling point. Still could of chose many places.

I did peep tickets, just incase our friend made it, and it was crazy. I definitely would of tried to go though. Still haven't been to the games all these years.

Yea I believe this was the big selling point. Still could of chose many places.

I did peep tickets, just incase our friend made it, and it was crazy. I definitely would of tried to go though. Still haven't been to the games all these years.
I have a 1 and 3 year old, and leaving them with my wife for almost a week would be brutal haha

Definitely would like to go to the Games though eventually. Maybe they will bring it back to the West Coast for 2020. Or when Nike beats out Reebok and takes over in 2021 haha 

I have a 1 and 3 year old, and leaving them with my wife for almost a week would be brutal haha

Definitely would like to go to the Games though eventually. Maybe they will bring it back to the West Coast for 2020. Or when Nike beats out Reebok and takes over in 2021 haha 

Definitely man. I wish they would switch with Norcal and Socal for regionals. Its getting expensive to go to SD during memorial day weekend. :smh:

Another big reason was Stubhub center was placing a bunch of restrictions on CF and what could and could not be sold at the venue.  Which is why over the past few years vendor village got smaller and smaller. 

California Regionals was awesome, I've gone to spectate every regional since 2014 when NorCal was its own region and I think the crowd energy at this one was the best. Icing on the cake was seeing my good friend Chyna take first in the women's individuals!

Yeah the men's division was nuts. Lucero dropping out with an injury after leading the pack for two days and with Alcaraz declining invite to the games.

The womens final was awesome too

Another big reason was Stubhub center was placing a bunch of restrictions on CF and what could and could not be sold at the venue.  Which is why over the past few years vendor village got smaller and smaller. 

Did not know that. That is unfortunate. I felt like the Vendors at Regionals have gotten dry too.

Would be dope to have it somewhere in the PNW too. I love going up to Oregon. :smokin

Anyone have any sizing tips on romaleos? I'm looking to get my first pair. I wear a size 8 in all 3 generations of metcons and the flyknit pair as well. Any input is appreciated!

Anyone going to be at the Portland regional this weekend?

I was at Nashville last week working. I work for the company that does all the chip timing and scoring for the Games.

That's a cool gig! Must be a lot of setup work?

Thinking of going with some of my box members from vancouver, cheer on one of our members in he women's ind, competition.

Anyone have any sizing tips on romaleos? I'm looking to get my first pair. I wear a size 8 in all 3 generations of metcons and the flyknit pair as well. Any input is appreciated!

Not sure it helps, but I have the previous version Romaleos, and they run slightly big from my TTS 10.5

I wear the same size in Romaleos as I do in all generations of Metcons and Nanos

Why are the crossfit finals in Wisco? Seems odd to have the games in one of americas most obese states
laugh.gif
 Several things here

awareness 

obese states are good as the broader (midwest) audience will help grow the "sport"

money

its way cheaper to transfer product/items from SC and OH to WI than it is to CA

money 

majority of things are cheaper in WI than in CA

money

im sure there were some sort of tax breaks associated with this as well

overall i would say to grow the sport from an awareness standpoint and to make more money. 

I have the Romaleo 2s and theyre the same size as my metcon 1s and 2s

That's a cool gig! Must be a lot of setup work?

Thinking of going with some of my box members from vancouver, cheer on one of our members in he women's ind, competition.

For the regionals, it's not too bad. One day setup tops. But the Games...that's a whole other story haha.

Back
Top Bottom