NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

MY black orange pair will arrive on Friday. Copped with the footlocker 20% off. Went with my Normal 12.5. Hopefully they fit

just watched the video.... he said go same size as dsx2s.... I’m a 12 in those but ordered my normal 12.5... they come tomorrow. We will see

just watched the video.... he said go same size as dsx2s.... I’m a 12 in those but ordered my normal 12.5... they come tomorrow. We will see

let us know. definitely interested in picking up a pair of these

7E01908E-AA02-4524-9E65-2BD33BA8A3BD.jpeg
83356592-52BE-4AAA-9C53-BE16686B4F7B.jpeg
EA5AC511-E414-46F4-90CE-9312799D6240.jpeg

Just tried them on... the 12.5 will be just fine. Will workout in them on Monday

Last edited:
I saw these at my local DSG today. Thought about scooping a pair but I’ve got enough training shoes. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on them. I did watch Joel’s vid on them & he seemed to really be pleased with them.

Last edited:
Well I scooped a pair of the Free X, in the grey/white CW. Had coupon & an additional discount, got them for 107.97 out the door. Initial fit & comfort is awesome but I do have some heel slippage on the left shoe. Going to try them again tomorrow & maybe relace them in different holes on the heel area. I am hoping it is not the same slippage as the DSX 2s but we shall see.

Quick update, so I did not have my normal training socks when I intially tried them on. Tried the last night with good socks & BOOM no slippage. I wish it would have been the same for the DSX 2s but that was not the case. Initial fit & comfort is AWESOME glad Nike did a mesh of the Metcon & Free on this one.

So I grabbed a pair and checked them out. I actually like the sole a lot. In fact, it should be the standard Free TR sole. The current one they use is just so limited and baffling.

My main problem was the caging around the ankle. It doesn't actually help stabilize, because it sort of bending outwards. "Bending" isn't the best description, but basically it doesn't lock my foot in. For transparency, I do have a narrow ankle, so that is potentially a factor.

I wouldn't pay full price for these (had a coupon) and I'll give them one more go before deciding on returning them. With a less extensive upper, these should just be the $100, Plain Jane Free TRs, from now on.

^^Not a big fan of the plastic pieces on the side but I do like the shoe overall. Very comfy & great to workout in. Would not replace my gym go-to shoes but they will definitely be in my rotation now.

Update... worked out yesterday and today in the free x Metcons. I went with my normal 12.5. MEtcon dsx 2 i went with a 12. Great shoes! Did a variety of exercises over these workouts including running ,box jumps burpees deadlifts cleans squats lunges etc. Great all around comfy shoe. First day i went with no socks had tiny bit of heel slip on the right shoe. Today wore training socks and no slippage at all. I am looking at that black just do it pair... like nightrunner said def don’t pay full price for these. I got mine with a coupon code also and I’m sure like all Nike training shoes they will go on sale

Back
Top Bottom