***NIKE MLB 2012***NEW THREAD

Had to...thank God for coupons and an understanding wifey lol

Wow, those are finally out!?  

Doesn't change the fact... that outsole. :smh:

I know I was like yes or no but wifey said ok so it was probably a rare day to catch her like that so I jumped on it...I wonder if she wants something later? hmmm

I wish the new Swingman's had a Lunar midsole or anything besides the 360 air max. The shoe looks great minus the midsole

What is the difference between the Vapor and Elite BG's, other than the different colored fingers and the smaller strap on the Vapors. And nice find nikeSS, those look like the pro shirts with the warm sleeves but I have never seen the asymmetrical sleeve like that before on the left side.

I see A-Rod was wearing a pair of XProtex BG's during the playoffs. Must be b/c of his broken hand. (Insert he won't wear them tonight b/c he's not playing joke here)

Ok review time

So I got the Griffey's in..

Overall the appearance of the shoe is good looking, the nubuck feels and holds well as you can see here . They did feel a little narrow as I have narrow feet and I had a challenge getting use to the feel.

The swoosh is nicely inserted as it was carved into the shoe with the apparent sticky coloring covering over it. I can see why they didn't go with good old fashion chain stitching as in time the thread would probably give out.

I was rather impressed with the breathing of the shoe, this will come in handy if you are really working hard at the gym and doing cardio.

Now comes what everyone dreads, the sole. Now, I did enjoy the bottom piece as it has good traction.

But the 360 bubble is a no no to me because I cannot use this use when I am squatting close to 300lbs. Pop goes the Griffey.

Overall it is a nice shoe but for the price tag I wasn't going to get it but thankfully enough coupons and gift certificates and an understanding wife made it a no brain to buy. I like the Nike + concept but how many of us will probably use it? I still am partial to my Jackie Robinson color of the Griffey Max Swingman. That shoe had only the bubble in the back and wasn't a bother when I took it to the gym numerous times. I guess it comes down to preference but if Nike was smart this could have sold for at least 110.00 not more than that. Expect to see more colorways and eventually in your neighborhood Nike Outlets one day.

These pictures really made me like these more then I did before. When do they come out? Maybe different a different colorway. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom