Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

UPDATE:

Pockets can be done. Shortening the length can be done.

The tailor I found on Yelp worked her magic and added cotton to the inside while using the material from the 34 that was too tight.
She also shortened it a little bit for me, but I might go back to her for one more inch lol, what do you guys think? I still feel like folding the waistband gives me the look I was going for a little bit better, but without the compression shorts it may look a little ridiculous because I'm only 5'11 and my height is more upper body than leg.

Also, exchanged the flex hoodie for the dri-fit joint. Flex was paper thin and I knew that despite wanting exactly what the players wear, dri-fit is better for these MA winters lol. Now I need to figure out what other teams shorts is worth to cop and do this for, definitely has to be a squad without a logo patch on the bottom haha. And please note I used coupons for everything... no fronting
Damn she went nutty with them shorts man

Gonna look to do this to my authentic Knicks short if they would release them already :rolleyes

Good lookin out! Now I just have to search for a discount code!! Thanks again!!!!

Also, what's the verdict - are the Therma-flex hoodies worth the extra $50 over the Dri-fit hoodies?
thinking about pulling the trigger on this. Need a white Hayward authentic

UPDATE:

The tailor I found on Yelp worked her magic and added cotton to the inside while using the material from the 34 that was too tight.
She also shortened it a little bit for me, but I might go back to her for one more inch lol, what do you guys think? I still feel like folding the waistband gives me the look I was going for a little bit better, but without the compression shorts it may look a little ridiculous because I'm only 5'11 and my height is more upper body than leg.

Also, exchanged the flex hoodie for the dri-fit joint. Flex was paper thin and I knew that despite wanting exactly what the players wear, dri-fit is better for these MA winters lol. Now I need to figure out what other teams shorts is worth to cop and do this for, definitely has to be a squad without a logo patch on the bottom haha. And please note I used coupons for everything... no fronting

Appreciate the share on the pick ups. How does the hoodie fit? If I'm reading reviews correctly, they run a bit big, but I think that is on the Therma-Flex. I was eyeing the Dri-Fit version as it does apprar to keep you warmer and it's a bit cheaper. Thin ing of grabbing a Rockets or Bulls hoodie. Any insight is appreciated, my man!

Seen the $80 swingman shorts today (warriors). Pretty thin, still thicker than the practice shorts. Maybe cop that swingman on discount.

I still haven't seen authentic shorts, I wanna see how those feel in person.

Appreciate the share on the pick ups. How does the hoodie fit? If I'm reading reviews correctly, they run a bit big, but I think that is on the Therma-Flex. I was eyeing the Dri-Fit version as it does apprar to keep you warmer and it's a bit cheaper. Thin ing of grabbing a Rockets or Bulls hoodie. Any insight is appreciated, my man!

I got a large in both, and they fit the same and TTS with the exception of snugness. The therma flex felt like two old school jerseys put together with a hoodie, and it felt more loose (I assume maybe bc theoretically you're supposed to shoot and warm up in it). The black mesh part on the back of the therma flex is pretty much see through so idk how it would do in rain/snow

The dri-fit feels more like a zipped sweater hoodie and hugs your sides more. The black part on the hoodie is less meshy. The only noticeable difference is the smaller size nba logo and the lack of black piping on the back. To me the smaller Celtics logo and swoosh look great. The back is a little long and comes to the top of the tail bone but it's not crazy. So I say go tts and dri-fit if you wanna rock it in under 60 degrees without needing a bunch of layers.

UPDATE:

If only they retailed like this. I have also been using 7" running shorts (with no liner) for gym/bball purposes. Someone should really start making this length for bball!

buckeye84 buckeye84 agree 100%. +less baggy. I don't understand why some ballers like to wear long and baggy shorts...doesn't interfere with dribbling and cross over?

Not this short though lol
Capture.JPG

Sold out on the Lonzo MPLS jersey. :smh:

Anybody know what the swingman jerseys are made out of?

I know the authentics are made of Aeroswift hence why they’re so soft but comfortable.

Went to the Heat game last night and stopped by the store. They didn't have any authentics and all their swingmans had the sponsor patch. Swingmans were selling fast too. They only had 48's in Waiters and Tyler Johnson left, ended up with a Waiters

Not a fan of the lil boy shorts trend going on lol! Leave them in the past...

I hear you, I'm not talking 1970-1980s booty shorts crazy, but 1989 - 1992 young bull mj swag. You can't tell me the black compression peaking out from under the red isn't a dope look. And it is more functional.

Attachments

• 4e03ae34193c7a35dd56d07e03d0d0fb--nike-womens-shoes-shoe-sale.jpg
    4e03ae34193c7a35dd56d07e03d0d0fb--nike-womens-shoes-shoe-sale.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 25
I hear you, I'm not talking 1970-1980s booty shorts crazy, but 1989 - 1992 young bull mj swag. You can't tell me the black compression peaking out from under the red isn't a dope look. And it is more functional.

Yea that doesn’t look bad but the tiny ones look awful!

Getting my Mavs Therma Flex Hoodie in the mail today (took 3 days to get here btw with normal shipping from NDC).

Will be posting pics and impressions this afternoon.

Pretty funny how the trends for basketball and street wear are now diverging. Basketball is moving towards more fitting uniforms while street wear is going back to baggy clothes. Back in the 90s, the two went hand-in-hand.

Back
Top Bottom