Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Adidas sells shorts though.. lol

which ones were you looking for, I know you meant they don't actually offer every color

I love basketball and NBA more than anything else especially the jerseys and I'm not even that mad over the logo on the back and ads, I could care less about baseball and I'm still upset they put the stupid NE logo on the on field caps :smh:

Yeah, the new era one was unnecessary. They sell a **** ton of caps because they are the provider for mlb. There is no reason for their logo to be visible on the hat, ruining a long standing tradition without it. I still cant believe mlb allowed that. As much as I disagreed with some of the things Selig would or wouldnt do, I dont think he would've ever allowed that to happen.

eh NE wanted a piece of the action as if no one knew NE has been providing the caps for decades now and NE is plastered all over every stadium.

doesn't help they're phasing out embroidery either, everything especially patches are some plastic crap. I bet in 5 years the logos on MLB caps are gonna be plastic instead of stitched SMH

I emailed the NBA today about my displeasure with the sponsor patches and this is what they sent back

Thanks for contacting us regarding NBA jersey sponsorships.

The NBA Board of Governors approved the sale of jersey sponsorships, beginning with the 2017-18 season, as part of a three-year pilot program. The sponsorship patch will appear on the front left of the game jerseys and measure approximately 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches.

We believe that jersey sponsorships will more deeply engage our partners without negatively impacting the competition on the court, and the additional investment will help grow the game in exciting new ways. We appreciate that many fans have a deep admiration for the NBA’s traditions and a strong connection with our uniforms.

We’re always thinking about innovative ways the NBA can remain competitive in a global marketplace, and we are excited to see the results of this three-year trial.

Thanks again for writing us. We appreciate your sharing your views.

Sincerely,

Catriona Quinn

NBA Fan Relations

eh NE wanted a piece of the action as if no one knew NE has been providing the caps for decades now and NE is plastered all over every stadium.

doesn't help they're phasing out embroidery either, everything especially patches are some plastic crap. I bet in 5 years the logos on MLB caps are gonna be plastic instead of stitched SMH

Yeah, you would think that as much money is being generated that they wouldn't cheap out over time, but greed always sets in, especially if investors are involved.

So when are the Rocketd gonna change those awful white and red jerseys. Those are terrible. Havent they had the same home and away jersey for like close to 20 years or some. :lol:

So when are the Rocketd gonna change those awful white and red jerseys. Those are terrible. Havent they had the same home and away jersey for like close to 20 years or some. :lol:

um I think 2003 is when they got those jerseys, I still like em if they ever got rid of the stupid wide shoulders or did something similar to the black jersey

Its like the old Philly jerseys when AI was running the shoe, super wide shoulders. Are they the only team that still does that? Turrible.

Wish the retail authentic came with patches too. Not a big fan of ads in theory. But in all about replicating what's on court to exact specification.

Patches won't be hard to find though

Nike is taking over socks as well, does that mean no more stance on the court? Just off-court socks? They are still under contract with the NBA.

Yeah, those plastic patches on the New Era caps are terrible... I saw some World Series Cubs caps sitting on the shelves of D!cks sporting goods with the patch half way peeling off the side of the cap... it was terrible lol.

kind of bummed about Stance, I hope Nike does a little more than make mediocre Elite socks

I personally won't miss Stance. Socks were ugly.

I never could find my size either. Need an XL...I wear a 13. Tried the L and was uncomfortable.

I personally won't miss Stance. Socks were ugly.

I never could find my size either. Need an XL...I wear a 13. Tried the L and was uncomfortable.

I love their socks, I bought a pair of their no show ones on vacation because my Vans were blistering the back of my foot and they were money

Sleeved jerseys?

Nike is killing the sleeved jerseys

Attachments

• IMG_4796.JPG
    IMG_4796.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 25
finally, figured they would get rid of the wide shoulder because of the nike jerseys

Back
Top Bottom