Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I don't know why they can't just make swingman jerseys like the original swingman. I love regular mesh jerseys. I wouldn't even be mad if the jerseys were mesh and heavy screen print. But these cheap nylon materials are trash and its screen print on top of that? No bueno.

I bought a few Mitchell and ness swingman jerseys and they're actually really nice quality.

Most people that wear swingman are casual fans anyway. Why not just make it into a comfortable mesh jersey for the everyday fan?

Most people that wear swingman are casual fans anyway. Why not just make it into a comfortable mesh jersey for the everyday fan?

I don't think that's true, being a fan of the Kings, I would never buy an authentic jersey of any rostered player the last 6-7 years. I have swingmans of Cousins, IT, Tyreke Evans and Kevin Martin, doesn't make me a casual fan but I wasn't going to drop $300 on a player that wasn't going to stick around or because the owner is incompetent.

How much are authentication again? I'll splurge on my top 3 guys I guess and then swingman for the rest. No biggie

Idk, if you've seen the Nike NFL replica jerseys, they're cheaply screen printed and the materials are super thin, this is a huge step back imo. If Nike is asking $110 for screened jerseys, I'm not buying and we as consumers should not accept that since we were at least getting twill numbers and logos for that price before. Screened Champion jerseys and Adidas replicas were $50-$70 before.

Idk about cheap, the NFL Nike replica jerseys are actually nice IMO. My brother bought one for his fantasy player and I thought it was nice considering it retails for $100 and he got it for much less

Expect it to be just like the nfl game jersey (replica) unless the material is thicker but it shouldn’t be priced at $110 for a screen printed tank top. Should be $80 tops considering a full nfl jersey with much more material and screen printing is $100...

Was hoping for stitched swingmans. These aint lookin much different than the Adidas jawns. Good thing I copped a Porzingis swingman for like $40 a few weeks ago

Can't wait for the 29th!! Gonna grab a Blue Sixers "PHILA" Embiid authentic!!! The past 4 years have been a living he**, so this season will be extremely entertaining for us Sixers fans!!!! I can't wait!!!!

IMG_6565.PNG
IMG_6566.PNG
Dwayne Bacon posted these.

Those look like they should have been swingmans. So nike got us paying $200 for "Authentics". I bet as it gets closer to playoffs, they will release "Authentic ELITES" to justify a price tag of $250-$300. They do it with they signature sneakers all the time, why not the jerseys.

Pretty sure they did something similar for the NCAA tournament for Nike schools.

A little more info on the material and quality of jerseys. Lighter than the adidas ones so no heavy mesh

Attachments

• F4B85711-038E-43E7-81DD-0E760D6E2724.png
    F4B85711-038E-43E7-81DD-0E760D6E2724.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Also from NBA.com:
"The Nike NBA Connected Jersey is available exclusively online starting Sept. 29, and the Nike NBA uniforms and Nike Therma Flex Showtime Warm-up Jacket will debut on-court on Sept. 30, the start of the NBA preseason. All Statement Edition jerseys will be available at retail on Nov. 20, and will begin being worn on-court on Nov. 25"

Really bummed about this because I wanted the purple Lakers Jersey to wear to the Lakers-Wizards game in early Nov. Also wanted the Navy Blue Wizards statement Jersey as well

Those look like they should have been swingmans. So nike got us paying $200 for "Authentics". I bet as it gets closer to playoffs, they will release "Authentic ELITES" to justify a price tag of $250-$300. They do it with they signature sneakers all the time, why not the jerseys.

Pretty sure they did something similar for the NCAA tournament for Nike schools.

Looks exact same as players have been wearing?

I haven't had a good experience with nike dri fit tees, the neck always stretches out bc it's so flimsy

Nike tryin to rip peeps off with that asking price on them screenprint ****. You can have that ****
I just lol at that MJ swingman. :lol::smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom