Nike Penny 1/2 cent Vs Cody Harris Penny Hybrids

I'm sure some of you have seen Cody Harris' Penny Hybrid concept sketches (if you haven't they're here:http://%@%*%+$$%#%$#.com/shoes/nike.../nike/cody-harris-taking-you-beyond-possible/ ) but i'm not sure if they've ever shown upon niketalk, and now, with all the hype over the 1/2 cents i thought it would be great to see them side by side (if i knew how to post pics i would) and leteveryone decide whose version they'd choose. personally, i think the Harris Hybrid is so far superior to Nike's Penny amalgam that they hire the kidasap so that he doesn't have the chance 2 upstage them a second time.

I like BP's rendition of the Penny Hybrid without a doubt. The only reason why I prefer the 1/2'sis because they seem to do a better job of blending all the features without being too dominant of one of the pairs. With BP's the Penny III's areclearly the dominant pair in them and almost look like a refreshened newer version of the III's instead of a true hybrid. But again let me state that theones he created are awesome!!!

BP will be with Nike before long, without a doubt.

^^ holecollector.com/shoes/nike-shoes/jordan-shoes/shoes/nike/cody-harris-taking-you-beyond-possible/
Take out the "h" and substitute it with an "s" on sole.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I like BP's rendition of the Penny Hybrid without a doubt. The only reason why I prefer the 1/2's is because they seem to do a better job of blending all the features without being too dominant of one of the pairs. With BP's the Penny III's are clearly the dominant pair in them and almost look like a refreshened newer version of the III's instead of a true hybrid. But again let me state that the ones he created are awesome!!!

BP will be with Nike before long, without a doubt.
QFT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

^^ holecollector.com/shoes/nike-shoes/jordan-shoes/shoes/nike/cody-harris-taking-you-beyond-possible/
Take out the "h" and substitute it with an "s" on sole.

some pics from the link:

pennybphybrid3ky4.jpg

pennybphybrid2hz8.jpg

I'm not a big fan of hybrids but these are sick.

BP's > 1/2 cents.

These are awesome. I like them better than the half cents. I do not like the upper black part on the half cents. I especially like the swoosh on these. These are all great colorways. PAY ATTENTION NIKE!!!!

BPs Penny fusion>Fusions period.

These were posted in the Snealer Art forum by BP when 1/2 Cents were very first mentioned. I think even before pics even dropped.

edit: BP is a monster.....check out his PS thread. ___BP PhotoshopShowcase___

wow dude got a future in sneaker design.

those pics look like secret NIKE info, dam.

i would no doubt cop.

Those are crazy, I would not be mad if Nike still jumped on those and released. Fire. \

The all white joints are so clean, Columbia XIish as far as clean look goes.

Damn. I would really eff with those. Dude did his thing with those.

Dude BP got mad skills no doubt....but his hybrids aint reality. If his work was for real and for sale i'm sure i would buy a gang of pairs. Those olympicfoamposites he did i almost cried. But i cant take away from Nike on the 1/2 Cent they put mad work in to put that 1/2 Cent out. Its easily the best shoe Nikemade in a minute!! BP would have nothing to render if Nike aint come up with the initial design. It all starts with a shoe not its colors. But the colorwaysare a huge part. I like alot of Nikes kicks just the way they are. Some shoes dont need a concept. I gotta go wit Nikes version

im gunna say i like the 1/2 cents better

like someone else stated , BPs hybrid although extremely nice is heavily dominated by the Penny 3 , which makes it less of a'hybrid' than the 1/2 cents are . the 1/2 cents look like an ENTIRELY new shoe , whereas BPs hybrid looks like a jazzed up Penny 3

Originally Posted by Prez T

im gunna say i like the 1/2 cents better

like someone else stated , BPs hybrid although extremely nice is heavily dominated by the Penny 3 , which makes it less of a 'hybrid' than the 1/2 cents are . the 1/2 cents look like an ENTIRELY new shoe , whereas BPs hybrid looks like a jazzed up Penny 3
And that is all that I was saying...that I prefer the 1/2 Cents as a true HYBRID, whileBP's version was an extremely nice rendition of the III's with small elements of the other shoes in the line. It's sorta like the 1/2 Cents are aNEW shoe that pays homage to the Air Penny line of basketball shoes.

With that being said I'd buy at least 2 pair from the BP collection
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BP my dude, you asked me earlier about how that Nike opportunity at Beaverton came available to me, well I'm NOWHEREas talented as you, I was just in the position for the opportunity to happen. I read that interview you did on S (o) leCollector, in it was mentioned that youhave an AA degree and wanted a Bacehlors in Graphics Design. It also said you wanted to take a break from school. Check this out my dude: I will not evertell the next man what to do, but IMO you should go ahead and get that degree ASAP. That gives an opportunity for internships/externships. Most of the heavyhitters on my resume have come from internships that would not have been available had I not been in school. Either way good luck my dude...Essaycompleted.

Back
Top Bottom