Nike Penny 1/2 cent Vs Cody Harris Penny Hybrids

Originally Posted by Twig1026

those are sick

Classic status
pimp.gif

I'm glad y'all are showing love to a fellow NTer. But who would cop his version also aside from just liking it??

i would say the 1/2 cent looked better~
even thou i luv the IVs... but i think 1/2 cent looked better~
oh well

Originally Posted by jer23

hey BP,
the reason I initially made the post was because i think your penny hybrid is Amazing AND so that someone at nike would see your renderings (if by some small chance they haven't already) and look at their final version of the 1/2 cents and say 'we really let all the die hard posite fans down'

As a designer myself (chairs, not shoes) I've always thought the foamposite one was a shoe that nike could never top in terms of overall concept and execution. when i heard they were going to be releasing a penny hybrid i thought maybe, just maybe this could be a shoe that comes close, but only if they don't concern themselves with giving equal weight to all of the shoes the 1/2 cents are drawing from just for the sake of saying 'there's 1/4 this and a 1/4 that' and so on. unfortunately, this is exactly what nike did and the 1/2 cent looks amazingly awkward and really quite ridiculous from the midpoint up where it looks like they had no idea how to transition from foamposite to penny II with a touch of III.
in short, the 1/2 cents look like a $100 shoe; yours look like a $200 shoe.

next, i'd like to see an original posite concept : )

Jeremiah

I should also note that i think the foamdomes were horribly executed...could have been great
That's just the thing Mr. Jer. You are looking at this from a FOAMPOSITE point of viewwhen these are a hybrid of the ENTIRE Air Penny line of shoes.. Correct me if I'm wrong but only two of Penny's line of shoes had anything foampositerelated... the Foamposite 1's and some Foam influence on the III's. So with that being said the Penny 1/2 Cents are an awesome combination of all ofthe Air Penny's released. So no Nike did not let the Posite fand down...because these were not a full no tribute to Foamposites, but to the Air Penny linewhich so happened to have 2 shoes that were posite related and they represented them quite well.

BP's as an example are an awesome concept with hot colorways...but moreso a upgraded version of the III's with small elements of the others in the AirPenny line. IMO and to no disrespect to BP because the dude is way talented...but it's far easier to take a template of a particular shoe (in his case theIII's) and add small tidbits of the others, than to create a WHOLE NEW shoe incorporating the 4 shoes in his line which Nike so expertely did with the 1/2cents. BTW the 1/2 cents perform AMAZINGLY.

Really The Sneaker Is Crazy.....But It Looks Like The Penny 3's Too Much For Me..I Would Get Them If They Ever Come Out

Originally Posted by DIDDYDADAGGER

I'm glad y'all are showing love to a fellow NTer. But who would cop his version also aside from just liking it??
If these were OFFICIALLY released by NIKE i would cop, they hot son!
not better than 1/2 cents but i would love 2 wear these.

i like these much better then the 1/2 cents releasing. i think the 1/2 cent are to high and bulky looking

Again, thanks everyone for participating in this discussion. I really do enjoy hearing what you all have to say.

When I made these I had no idea they would draw so much attention. I just wanted to make something that I liked, I honestly didn't think about how it wouldbe received by others. 1/2 cents just don't seem to flow for me, don't get me wrong I have the utmost respect for Marc Dolce and all the other designers on campus, but the 1/2's just aren't for me. That's what makes this worldgreat, everyone has a different opinion and likes different things.

I couldn't be more happy with my version. Yes the lateral side is very "cut and paste", yes it does have a strong Penny III influence. The mainpiece of the shoe is actually the Penny I, though. The medial side is 85% original design, I can't even explain how much time I put into that. LikeI've said numerous times before, I love 'em and think they would look and perform amazingon court!

Thanks again for all the comments, good or bad, i appreciate them all (even that guy who went OD negative on theshoegame, lol).

^ I think the line following the 3's liquid part is for the 2's and yeah, I don't see the 4's unless we have to see the shoe from a bird'seye view.
BUT I'd rather get the BP's than Nike's 1/2 Cent.

Those are not bad...creative...his hybrids need some tweaking of representing all pairs...otherwise good job.

Not hating, but I fail to see how PS'ing a fusion pair = "WHY IS NIKE SLEEPING ON HIM?!!!". The last think Nike needs is more colors of wackshoes. Maybe he has some original designs in the PS thread, but I'm not going through 38 pages to find out.

Can duke draw? Does he have original concepts, that don't borrow from other sneakers?

Back
Top Bottom