Nike PG 1

Low-key worried about being able to grab a pair of shinings now. Only 12k. Gonna be at HOH bright and early with fingers crossed.

"We’ve covered almost all the details of the Nike PG 1 in our interview with Nike designer Tony Hardman, who designed his first-ever Nike signature basketball shoe for Paul George. There’s one last feature specific to tomorrow’s “Shining” colorway that you might be wondering about, and it’s finally been uncovered.

First off, the first eight digits are consistent on all pairs of the Nike PG 1 “Shining”. 661 is the area code for Paul’s hometown of Palmdale, CA, 90 represents his birth year of 1990, and 317 is the area code of Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the home arena for the Pacers.

The second batch of digits, however, is different on every single pair, because the individually number all 12,000 pairs of the shoes. Think of how painstaking it was for Nike to individually number all 12,000 pairs of the shoes and you’ll appreciate this shoe release even more. Some pairs are numbered above 12,000, but Nike confirms that there are exactly 12,000 pairs releasing to the public."

Via - Sneaker News

Last edited:
yeezys gunna have everyone holding off on these tomorrow morning, I wouldnt sweat it.

Last edited:
Played us
mean.gif

I mean people shouldn't be surprised from this tactic from Nike. This has happened countless times. 

and if it was reversed you would complain about The Bait's being limited

2K's are just grey. Shining's are just black. What's so fire about that?
I like the Shinings, I think they are fire, as I have stated previously I like the simplicity of them.  You like what you like, as do I and maybe we wont like the same thing, but I respect your opinion and wouldn't question why you do or don't think something is fire, so please, don't come at me on that.

2ks on that lowkey MAG c/w

Man i may just have to roll to the mall on my lunch right now and see what's gucci if I can sweet talk the girl to put a pair on hold. With those number's i may want to double up and put on ice.

Bait's are dope too but they don't jump out at me like the pre-heats.

"pre-heat" CWs typically tend to differ from the player's team colors or CW. dating pretty far back- think Cannon LBJ9, KD6, KD7 35 degrees, etc... even recently KD9.

So I get it, something a bit "off the beaten path" is expected for the first CW. That being said, there isn't much terribly crazy about the "shining", but I think the subtle things like the shiny swoosh and heel tab, as well as the clear sole, etc... give it that extra umph. I prefer the 2K( always like the greyish CW) as well over both the Shining and the Ferocity, but I think the ferocity is nice blend of Pacers CW and the PG story as well.

As for what who prefers and why. without question, the more limited in 98 % of cases, the more appealing they tend to be. just the nature of the beast. Buy what you like, wear what you like, and keep it moving, right?

I will get to my HOH at 10am when they open.

If I cannot get the shoes then. SMH.

I just wanna ball in them Sat and Sun in my games.

Back
Top Bottom