Nike PG 1

Anyone know Chinese?

It reads

"Paul George, once thought of as the NBA's next great superstar has a new shoe coming out called the Nike Zoom PG 1. He is still thought of as a very good NBA player but he and the Pacers currently have the commercial appeal of a piece of cardboard. Because of this we have continued pushing this shoe back just to reaalllllly make sure we actually want to release a signature shoe of an athlete with zero buzz. Stay tuned."

Last edited:
It reads

"Paul George, once thought of as the NBA's next great superstar has a new shoe coming out called the Nike Zoom PG 1. He is still thought of as a very good NBA player but he and the Pacers currently have the commercial appeal of a piece of cardboard. Because of this we have continued pushing this shoe back just to reaalllllly make sure we actually want to release a signature shoe of an athlete with zero buzz. Stay tuned."
You're definitely not as funny as you think you are

You're definitely not as funny as you think you are
With all due resepect PG is a good player but def does not have that mass appeal to be a sig athlete thats imo but I guess we will see when they come out and how and if they blow up

With all due resepect PG is a good player but def does not have that mass appeal to be a sig athlete thats imo but I guess we will see when they come out and how and if they blow up
what appeal did Kyrie have when he got his shoe? He was never healthy, and more importantly, he hadn't done anything in league. He was on one of the worst teams in the league, never had a winning record or made the playoffs. Still can't ever win when Lebron doesn't play, but that's another story.

what appeal did Kyrie have when he got his shoe? He was never healthy, and more importantly, he hadn't done anything in league. He was on one of the worst teams in the league, never had a winning record or made the playoffs. Still can't ever win when Lebron doesn't play, but that's another story.

Are you kidding me :lol:

He was the #1 player coming out of high school, #1 pick in the draft, had the Uncle Drew commercials that everybody loved and he was basically anointed the new franchise of the Cavs before LeBron came back. He won Rookie of the Year and ASG MVP. People always loved Kyrie and his buzz was only growing especially because the hype was growing that LeBron would go back to the Cavs.

Are you kidding me :lol:

He was the #1 player coming out of high school, #1 pick in the draft, had the Uncle Drew commercials that everybody loved and he was basically anointed the new franchise of the Cavs before LeBron came back. He won Rookie of the Year and ASG MVP. People always loved Kyrie and his buzz was only growing especially because the hype was growing that LeBron would go back to the Cavs.
ok? PG became a household name when he showed out in the Dunk contest, all the playoff battles against the Heat, won Most Improved, All star game starter, scored 41 points in last years game, All NBA, All defense.. Sounds to me like you have something against PG or just don't like him, cause you've been posting in this thread since it's started saying he shouldn't have a shoe

ok? PG became a household name when he showed out in the Dunk contest, all the playoff battles against the Heat, won Most Improved, All star game starter, scored 41 points in last years game, All NBA, All defense.. Sounds to me like you have something against PG or just don't like him, cause you've been posting in this thread since it's started saying he shouldn't have a shoe
Kyrie was still a number 1 draft pick that alone has more appeal Paul George is a good basketball player but just dont think he warrants having his own sig there are a few guys out there right now who can have one but dont :davis john wall Kawhi and Westbrook the latter two just represent the new Air jordans but should def have their own shoe with any brand

I'm not talking about who's a better player...I'm taking about the public interest in a player. PG had the hype a few years ago over all of those players listed, now all of them might have passed by him as far as public interest. He's still a great player but he's literally just not talked about at all anymore.
View media item 2271733

I truly think it's because PG plays in Indiana... man there's something about that team I just never have liked. Probably memories of Reggie pushing off MJ and twirling like a ballerina after hitting that shot

In all honesty, I do like Paul George as a player and I'm more than likely going to try these shoes out because all I wear is low tops for basketball and I like the look of these. All I'm saying is if Nike was going to give PG a signature shoe it should have been probably like 3 years ago to capitalize on the buzz he had going as the next big superstar and LeBron's new rival. I can't remember the last time I actually even saw Pacers highlights on Sportscenter unless they were playing the Cavs, Warriors, Clippers or Spurs. There's been like 10 other dudes since PG had the juice that have become the next big thing.

Last edited:
showed out in the Dunk contest - So what? So have a lot of other players. I don't think he was even in the final round.

playoff battles against the Heat - You mean all the ones that the Pacers lost?

Most Improved - CJ McCollum won it last year and I don't see him getting a shoe, and he's pretty damn good. 

41 points in the All Star game - The ASG is an exhibition game where almost no defense is played. 

Obviously the best time to give PG a sig was right after the 2013-2014 season after the Pacers' B2B ECF showing but of course he broke his leg and it delayed the release.

From Nike's stable of athletes PG is the most deserving given they needed someone to replace Kobe. Greek Freak, Anthony Davis, Boogie, DeMar DeRozan & KAT are the next best thing from Nike's farm and none of those guys have accomplished anything and I don't think it would be worthwhile to give guys like AD, Boogie and KAT since big man cannot sell shoes. Just look at Amar'e when they released the Nike Air Max Sweep Thru.

Last edited:
:nerd:

bane_let_the_games_begin_by_dethoveye96-d5l17ft.gif

Hope the cushioning will be better than the Kyrie's

Last edited:
showed out in the Dunk contest - So what? So have a lot of other players. I don't think he was even in the final round.
playoff battles against the Heat - You mean all the ones that the Pacers lost?
Most Improved - CJ McCollum won it last year and I don't see him getting a shoe, and he's pretty damn good. 
41 points in the All Star game - The ASG is an exhibition game where almost no defense is played. 
Just using the same examples that Buc Em did. So then who cares about a Pepsi commercial? All star MVP, no defense so i guess that doesn't matter right? Rookie of the Year, the award also won by Michael Carter Williams? Don't see him getting a shoe.....

Only reason the air max sweep thru didnt sell is because the didnt have amares name on them for example , air max amare

Just using the same examples that Buc Em did. So then who cares about a Pepsi commercial? All star MVP, no defense so i guess that doesn't matter right? Rookie of the Year, the award also won by Michael Carter Williams? Don't see him getting a shoe.....
It was a huge, viral commercial - one that showed Kyrie's marketability.

ROY's that are hyped up big time get the sigs - Kyrie, Lebron, KD. Michael-Carter Williams won the award in one of the worst draft classes of all time. He was the best of the worst. 

Last edited:
paul george a household name? Eh, that's a stretch. Maybe if the household is in Indiana. Someone else said he was a superstar, he's not that either. I am a fan of his and he's a very good 2 way player. Shoes look aight.

sheesh.... there's a lot of folks on here that really don't know basketball.....if PG ain't a superstar, then there's only about 5 in the league today

Paul George isn't a superstar. I woulda thought Ben Simmons was next for a sig by the amount of money they paid him.

Paul George might not be on the same level as lebron or kyrie or kobe, but nike is just being smart. They produced a shoe that very easily could be the new hyperchase or hypergamer or whatever, and without a player's name attached to it it would just sell to people looking to buy a cheap basketball shoe. Putting a player's name on that same low priced shoe and giving it a modest ad campaign will capture part of a youth market that would otherwise ignore it, while still keeping it desirable to the same market that buys the hyperchase or hypergamer. That frees them up to push the kyrie 4 into a $140-150 price range and improve the materials/cushioning, while still having a $120 or less shoe attached to an NBA player that will sell to kids who can only spend that much. 

Cant wait to try this out. Hopefully it fits and plays like the Hypershifts.

There's nothing wrong in giving PG his own shoe. We've already been associating non-sigs as unofficial sigs to players anyway. Hyperchase to Harden, Hyperlive to PG, Hyperfuse to Rondo, Hyperdunk 2011 to Griffin, and etc. Every shoe needs a poster boy, just happens that they officially slapped his name on it.

Back
Top Bottom