Nike PG 4

Finally got to put my Gatorades on the court for a hoop session. They felt amazing. I actually went with my TTS size 12. I did use a thinner sock than my usual Nike Elite cushioned basketball quarter joints. And just a single pair instead of doubled up. But I honestly forgot I had on shoes at all. And after the workout, I was not in a hurry to switch back to my air max 270 or 720 for my trip back home. Was dealing with slight achilles stiffness early on due to a previous tweak, but loosened up quickly and the extra heel padding was clutch. Definitely will be a 5 or 6 shoe purchase for me, easily
IMG6805867128459839398.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got to put my Gatorades on the court for a hoop session. They felt amazing. I actually went with my TTS size 12. I did use a thinner sock than my usual Nike Elite cushioned basketball quarter joints. And just a single pair instead of doubled up. But I honestly forgot I had on shoes at all. And after the workout, I was not in a hurry to switch back to my air max 270 or 720 for my trip back home. Was dealing with slight achilles stiffness early on due to a previous tweak, but loosened up quickly and the extra heel padding was clutch. Definitely will be a 5 or 6 shoe purchase for me, easily
IMG6805867128459839398.jpg
Yeah I think the sizing is a bit overblown. They definitely run small no doubt no question. Easy half size was good for me. Held up size 12 next to size 12 zoom freak and they the same size basically. I know those run small too but I didn't hear anyone suggesting a size and a half up in those.

I thought the full length was too 'soft' for my liking. Being an explosive/shifty guard, I felt the feedback would be detrimental to my game (could be wrong) and needed something more firm.

Having said that, these actually have a nice lifestyle/casual feel to them especially as they feature a zip. I can imagine rocking these casually. Perfect for my 40min round-trip walk to work!

FWIW the quality you get for the price point is pretty close to being unbeatable.

Can someone please answer if these run small like the Nike React Odyssey? I can’t try them in local stores and I am about to buy online, but have not made up my mind since everyone seams to feel these run extremely small. I regularly go 12 on nike, and have some small space in my toes. I do feel the Odysseys small, not wide, but length wise. My toes are at the edge touching the front of the shoe, it is somewhat elastic material so I don’t feel discomfort. But a basketball shoe is stiffer, so if it fits me like that, I think it’s a no go or get a bigger size.

Today I was lucky to find and try some instore. Man do these run narrow and short. I tried my normal size 12, and felt like a 10.5. I had to get some 13, because 12.5 felt still too small. I feel confused but it is what it is.

For anyone wondering, the reflective colorway is a fake. just wanted to confirm that

Damn they making fake PGs now? What’s the world coming to? They looked pretty spot on tho and since there’s been no GR info I just assumed they were something for the playoffs. My bad 🤷🏿‍♂️

did nike stop all id productions? cant order any ids
i heard from the grapevine the world has a major health crisis pandemic, that has crippled nations and killed ten of thousands of people from where they make nike id's to where crisis its growing rapidly from the same nation where you live.

just a rumor, take it with a grain of salt though.

Today I was lucky to find and try some instore. Man do these run narrow and short. I tried my normal size 12, and felt like a 10.5. I had to get some 13, because 12.5 felt still too small. I feel confused but it is what it is.
Where did you find a 12.5 in-store? I've only found that size from online inventories in any model.

Jawns cozy can’t lie...grip was good, mad cushy + just high enough for adequate ankle support (for me). Skipped the 3s but the I, II and IV been my go to’s the last couple years 👌🏿 And for $77 flat I feel victorious.

Man it boggles my mind when I hear people say Nike should be turning their efforts and attention towards other players and not focusing on PG. This dude had one of the most horrific basketball injuries ever and worked his *** off to ascend back into elite status. And he is a true "2-way" player with a deadly burner and silky smooth handles. Dude plays the game the right way and makes no excuses for coming up short. Personally, I didn't care for the PG2 or 3 aesthetically, but the PG1, PG2.5, and now the PG4 are my favorites over the past 3-4 years (sprinkle in the AJXXX3 and 34). From a performance and visual appeal standpoint. I hope Nike continues to be innovative and creative with his line.

Back
Top Bottom