Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

4AE87AB2-E297-4B30-A459-CE3771CC9464.jpeg

Anyone have more information on these? They are nice! I might need them.

Did olives already release? Only reason I ask is because I’ve been seeing a huge DSG ad with them every time I come in this thread lol

Last edited:
man the resell prices on this model shoe are atrocious, and just to have a high rate of getting a defective pair. if nike dont restock these navys and white/pink im bout to shed a thug tear mane.

Difficult question, both feels really good on feet

Epic Flyknit seems to have a wider forefoot, while Odyssey is narrower and more pointy. However in general, Odyssey feels more roomy than the Flyknit. As I have a wide foot and like the Flyknit fit, my preference is the Epic Flyknit.

Also, it is noticible that the ground feel changes with the extra rubber on the Odyssey's outsole, and even though it's seems less durable, I still prefer the general feel of the Epic Flyknit.
Hi,
How do they compare when you run in both models? Both as cushioned and as responsive as each other? It sounds like the epic react maybe a softer shoe , is that the case?
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
How do they compare when you run in both models? Both as cushioned and as responsive as each other? It sounds like the epic react maybe a softer shoe , is that the case?
Cheers
Steve

I just got back from a 10 mile run with Odyssey, and definitely it is stiffer than Epic Flyknit. Since the purpose of the Odyssey is stability, it seems to use the same principle as Ultraboost ST, with a higher cushion volume on the medial side of the shoe, which gives more stability.

The ground feel is quite different from the Epic Flyknit, and the cause of this is the extra rubber in the sole, so I can say Epic React is a softer shoe than the Odyssey.

Got it, thanks. That's too bad about the narrower forefoot--I actually struggle with toeboxes being too narrow in a lot of Nike shoes so not feeling too good about the Odyssey now. Hopefully there's not a super big difference... Otherwise may end up skipping react altogether and getting the Freerun 2018 or something.

There is not much difference really. I still consider Epic Flyknit a little tighter than Odyssey due to the typical "flyknit lock", but with a roomy toebox (which is paramount for me)

The funny thing is that the insoles of both are virtally identical...

react1.jpeg

react 2.jpeg

I just got back from a 10 mile run with Odyssey, and definitely it is stiffer than Epic Flyknit. Since the purpose of the Odyssey is stability, it seems to use the same principle as Ultraboost ST, with a higher cushion volume on the medial side of the shoe, which gives more stability.

The ground feel is quite different from the Epic Flyknit, and the cause of this is the extra rubber in the sole, so I can say Epic React is a softer shoe than the Odyssey.
Many thanks for the update. Would you still say its on the soft side, as I found the Nike Pegusis a bit to firm where the Nike vomero 12 was nice and soft. Which would Odyssey be closer too. Is the Odyssey react just as responsive as the epic react? Interesting I called Nike and they said the Odyssey react is a neutral shoe so I am a bit confused. Thanks Cheers Steve

i don't think odyssey is a barefoot running type of shoes

looks like the Free RN is still going strong and they just implemented the newest flyknit 360 on the RN Motions so I don't think one is going to replace another

which is weird, they should have just called it reactglide or some glide react because many associated odyssey with zoom

but then again if you go to ndc and choose the zoom option on the running page it gives you ZoomFly which has no zoom at all :lol:

vaporfly is also in that category and while it has zoomx, it doesn't really have a zoom bag so it's a completely different cushion but categorized in the same place as Pegasus, Structures, Vomeros, etc...

so i don't really blame anyone being confused because nike looks confused themself

Anyone with confirmation the Olives are releasing on Thursday? UK has them listed, but I don't see anything re: U.S.

about 6 years ago

Nike sold them after all the luanrglide hype which was smart if they wanted to sell it at a high price, put their most comfortable foam at the time, sales skyrocket then sell at a high price

part of the deal is that the new company could use the same sole design (though rubber compound might be different) for a few years and use the same/similar name so it can be confusing as it looks like Nike is still present in the brand

Back
Top Bottom