Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

You have to pay to ship to them. Normally I’d say who cares cause typically people send back pairs a year or so after being worn for intended purpose and something goes wrong so your making out but in this scenario they are selling shoes with a manufacturers defect. They should cover everything.

Absolutely correct.
Again, my FlyKnit Air Maxes were almost 2 yrs old when I made a claim and got full retail.
I believe if you were to deal with the popping issue for 2 yrs as long as the manufacting date matched up with the first few batches you would probably still get approved on your claim.

image1 (6).jpeg
Well after only about 3 weeks both my Epic Reacts started making the popping/clicking sound. Makes me sad man cuz I like these shoes and the Obsidian colorway which I stalked and found well after launch day not even 3 weeks ago. Has Nike fixed this issue with the more recent releases? Also, I hope they do a major restock with the fixed issue on the OG colorways.
sucks that navy was my first pair and nike still hasnt restocked them. im waiting out for them to restock but if not ill just put it towards those hyper blue VM plus's

I got a black/black/blue pair that restocked from nike and i havent had any issues in about 50 hours of wear. My first pair popped within about 24 hours of casual wear between 4 days.

only nike.com
no snkrs
not in store
I wonder if you can put int he voucher code on nike and login to snkrs and still use the voucher. I use that for coupon codes for snkrs but havent used that method in a couple of months.

1st pair (Black/Grey) I wore for 2 weeks before they were returned.
The 2nd pair (Grey/White) I wore for 5 wks.
I demonstrated the “Popping” sound both times.
I believe the return policy is 60 Days. They even gave me a 15% coupon towards my next purchase.

hmmm, I went in store earlier and was basically turned away because I wore them. Don't feel like should have to go to Nike especially since I only had them for 3 weeks. Wonder if I'd have more success online return

That vid popped up in my recommended feed yesterday.

The weight being 1/3 less is no joke which is why she made a joke.
Mens 11 VF 4% is 230g Epic React is 255g VaporMax lace-less is 275g

Pretty fair review by Tiffany. She’s a Tesla employee now so I don’t see why cats are salty saying she’s advertising for Nike. With what I’m seeing/hearing about the wear on the sole, I don’t see how she also gave the Epic Reacts a point though.

9E9273AA-0F92-4883-B4B0-3F1B223B8D13.jpeg
CB115FA8-13D8-4A35-AEF7-09F5ED00DA94.jpeg
59F8312B-5477-407B-AE9E-DB36211DC646.jpeg
401EF358-F02C-44F2-AB6A-9F7712B15534.jpeg
Just received my triple black pair from the Finishline restock and I noticed the cloth underneath the insole is now glued down with no slack. Compared to my Navy pair that pops you can see the cloth is not glued down and has wrinkles. When I walk with no insole in my Navy pair I can sometimes feel air bubbles forming in the cloth underneath my foot.

Anyone else with an OG pair and restock pair notice the same? I don't want to return my Navy pair since it's my favorite colorway so I might try cutting the fabric and glueing the cloth down to see if that eliminates my popping issue.

Update:

I ended up cutting a long slit down the middle of the cloth and wore the shoes for a day and the popping returned. I then took the insole out and noticed that air was still getting trapped underneath the cloth. I smoothed out the cloth with my fingers and the popping stopped! I have since glued this cloth down with shoe goo making sure no air pockets were present and I haven't had any popping in my left shoe for the past week!

This may or may not work for you and will probably void the warranty on your shoes. But I believe I have permanently fixed the popping in my shoe.

You can test this method without cutting your shoes up. Next time your shoes start popping, take the insole out and use your fingers to smooth out the cloth underneath the insoles. Put the shoes back on without the insoles and see if the popping has stopped.

Nike put way too much excess cloth underneath the insole and didn't glue it down on the early pairs. The newer pairs are completely glued down with no slack whatsoever. Hope this helps!

9E9273AA-0F92-4883-B4B0-3F1B223B8D13.jpeg

Update:

I ended up cutting a long slit down the middle of the cloth and wore the shoes for a day and the popping returned. I then took the insole out and noticed that air was still getting trapped underneath the cloth. I smoothed out the cloth with my fingers and the popping stopped! I have since glued this cloth down with shoe goo making sure no air pockets were present and I haven't had any popping in my left shoe for the past week!

This may or may not work for you and will probably void the warranty on your shoes. But I believe I have permanently fixed the popping in my shoe.

You can test this method without cutting your shoes up. Next time your shoes start popping, take the insole out and use your fingers to smooth out the cloth underneath the insoles. Put the shoes back on without the insoles and see if the popping has stopped.

Nike put way too much excess cloth underneath the insole and didn't glue it down on the early pairs. The newer pairs are completely glued down with no slack whatsoever. Hope this helps!

I knew it! I mentioned a while back that this was the issue but couldn’t confirm and never got around to doing what you did. Thanks so much. Seems like we have a fix for those willing to cut and re-glue.

Last edited:
I knew it! I mentioned a while back that this was the issue but couldn’t confirm and never got around to doing what you did. Thanks so much. Seems like we have a fix for those willing to cut and re-glue.
No problem! I Remember someone else mentioned they cut a slit in theirs but the popping continued. Gluing it down is the key to keeping air from forming underneath.

Does the cushion feel exactly the same or are there differences?

I have not run with them yet, but the Odyssey feels a little stiffer.

Not sure if the density of React is different between them, but part of the Odyssey stiffness feeling comes from the extra rubbers placed on the outsole, specially in the forefoot. Good point for durability, but I definitely prefer the bare React sole of the Epics for performance

Last edited:
Which of the two did you like the most? Thinking about getting the Odyssey's since the Epic Flyknit is too tight

Difficult question, both feels really good on feet

Epic Flyknit seems to have a wider forefoot, while Odyssey is narrower and more pointy. However in general, Odyssey feels more roomy than the Flyknit. As I have a wide foot and like the Flyknit fit, my preference is the Epic Flyknit.

Also, it is noticible that the ground feel changes with the extra rubber on the Odyssey's outsole, and even though it's seems less durable, I still prefer the general feel of the Epic Flyknit.

Last edited:
Difficult question, both feels really good on feet

Epic Flyknit seems to have a wider forefoot, while Odyssey is narrower and more pointy. However in general, Odyssey feels more roomy than the Flyknit. As I have a wide foot and like the Flyknit fit, my preference is the Epic Flyknit.

Also, it is noticible that the ground feel changes with the extra rubber on the Odyssey's outsole, and even though it's seems less durable, I still prefer the general feel of the Epic Flyknit.
Got it, thanks. That's too bad about the narrower forefoot--I actually struggle with toeboxes being too narrow in a lot of Nike shoes so not feeling too good about the Odyssey now. Hopefully there's not a super big difference... Otherwise may end up skipping react altogether and getting the Freerun 2018 or something.

Back
Top Bottom