Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Joined Feb 23, 2006
I don’t even think a have wide feet but .5 up had my big and pinky toe hurt

Felt like i was gonna get a bunion

Had to exchange to full size up
I also had to size up in both the odyssey 1 and 2, .5 worked but while actually moving around my big toe slip up to the tip of the shoe and it hurt after a while. Just walking was fine though.

Joined Sep 12, 2014
I also had to size up in both the odyssey 1 and 2, .5 worked but while actually moving around my big toe slip up to the tip of the shoe and it hurt after a while. Just walking was fine though.
Does the flyknit expand or give? I’m just using them as walking shoes. .5 up left no room for my toes to splay cause the shoes are so narrow

Maybe lacing them all the way up will help with the slip?

Last edited:
Joined Aug 23, 2017
In the ody 1 I had to go up half a size (11.5 - tts are OK without socks) , but in the 2 I was fine tts.
My Mrs is size 8 in ody 1 and 2s and ER2's as well, so maybe certain sizes are a little off and others not so much?

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Does the flyknit expand or give? I’m just using them as walking shoes. .5 up left no room for my toes to splay cause the shoes are so narrow

Maybe lacing them all the way up will help with the slip?
the flyknit does stretch and it is way better than the material on the odyssey 1 but i still had the same problem with the toe on the 2 but not as much so i went a size up again but i probably could have been OK with the .5.

I didnt lace up the 1 at all, the 2 i was able to lace up more but i got a chunky ankle so not too much.

Joined Sep 12, 2014
For those that are wondering support is not great on the Odyssey React Flyknit 2

Wore them to a festival, still felt it in my knees and ankles.

To compare I felt the support on the Zoom Odyssey 1 was better

I think React might be too unstable, too much rocking for overpronaters

Will update in about a month or so.

Joined Sep 28, 2003
For those that are wondering support is not great on the Odyssey React Flyknit 2

I might have the same problems, which model React is most suitable for you?

Joined Sep 12, 2014
I might have the same problems, which model React is most suitable for you?
If you need support I would stay away from React for now.

After further investigation, it seems like the Odyssey React isn’t really a support shoe like the Zoom Odyssey was, which is stupid cause F continuity right?

Seems like kind of like a take down shoe.

If you can get either of the first zoom Odysseys for discount I would get those instead.

Though they don’t look as good

Joined Jul 2, 2004

Absolutely. I saw your second update on that as well. The new Odyssey React is just a cushioned trainer, nothing more. It's not based on the two prior Odysseys, which had huge medial posts and footbridges for support and were true support runners. These two Odyssey Reacts that have been released have nothing of the sort, despite the appearance of a heel shelf support. I have the first ones and they are a great and responsive shoe with better durability than the Epic Reacts but not a replacement at all

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Absolutely. I saw your second update on that as well. The new Odyssey React is just a cushioned trainer, nothing more. It's not based on the two prior Odysseys, which had huge medial posts and footbridges for support and were true support runners. These two Odyssey Reacts that have been released have nothing of the sort, despite the appearance of a heel shelf support. I have the first ones and they are a great and responsive shoe with better durability than the Epic Reacts but not a replacement at all
I wouldnt use them for anything other than short sprint runs or the gym. Epic reacts are wayyyy better as a support shoe.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now