NIKE TRAINER SC 2010 "BO knows Flywire" **PICS**

^ Thanks for that info JM. Your posts are always straight information. Not to mention you only post confirmed release stuff.

JM ~ Thanks... Regarding the Bo/Albert pack, any confirmation on the "500 pairs worldwide" as mentioned by Flint? Available at Champs... interesting.

well one certain auction is saying no later than the 10th of February on the pack. And with that preorder price, thats just bound to cause some hype jumpers into the mix.. As they waste money on that limited stuff, I think I'll wait around for the GR white royals or white grey oranges.

Nike has it all wrong with their PE mentality.

It's the shoes that everyone can obtain and wear all throughout middle america that becomes that iconic shoe 20 years down the line. Create those stable GR colorways and its all good.. instead you have normal people hating some of that stuff thriving for a limited supply of something.

Memories will be made in the most common CW of all.. thank you very much

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

well one certain auction is saying no later than the 10th of February on the pack. And with that preorder price, thats just bound to cause some hype jumpers into the mix.. As they waste money on that limited stuff, I think I'll wait around for the GR white royals or white grey oranges.

It's the shoes that everyone can obtain and wear all throughout middle america that becomes that iconic shoe 20 years down the line. Create those stable GR colorways and its all good.. instead you have normal people hating some of that stuff thriving for a limited supply of something.

pimp.gif

Nicely said Wally...

Preach Wally.  That is straight truth from start to finish!

That auction price is insane.  There is no way that pack is gonna bring that kind of money.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

JM ~ Thanks... Regarding the Bo/Albert pack, any confirmation on the "500 pairs worldwide" as mentioned by Flint? Available at Champs... interesting.
Truthfully...no idea about the 500 pairs worldwide...

However, remember that Champs got the last Pacquiao Trainer 1...

JM

from that auction site: upclose shot of the blues:
mic6c3.jpg

I noticed the flywire is separated from the middle of the upper, but is stitched to the laceloops area. thatll make for an interesting support system

checked out the black/silver colorway today @ champs, and I must say, I was more impressed than I thought I would be.  Very light, or lighter than expected, and not as goofy and clunky as they appear in pictures.  I prefer the white/royal colorway, but will have to see them in person.  Are we to understand that there will be PE versions of these such as the Pujols from various Nike baseball, football, and basketball athletes?  If so, there should be some interesting color schemes.

i wonder if this release will be similar to the trainer 1 release. the legacy pack dropped, everyone jumped on it, then a short time later, a more true og colorway dropped.... the macs. will be interesting to see what happens.

It would seem this shoe is following a simliar pattern to that of the Air trainer 1 release last year.  That being said, after all the dust cleared, the legacy pack dropped, and all the PEs came and went, I think my favorite colorway of that shoe is the GR cactus/black/grey colorway that resembles the one in the Legacy Pack.  I like the Pujols colorway of this trainer SC 2010 shoe, but I think the "Bo" colorway is way overdone, and trying much too hard.  I can't get into Clemson colors and don't need Bo and his number on the back of the shoe.

im thinking that first white grey black ORANGE c/w may be that perfectly balanced c/w that can be built into others

bad35d20464a621ac21fc46db114ed38b4a114d.jpg

-colored midsole/airbag plus a colored tongue is all the color you may need.. possibly a two tone in the flywire/airbag segment?

white based fluroescent accents still not considered 'IN'?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Itwould seem this shoe is following a simliar pattern to that of the Airtrainer 1 release last year.  That being said, after all the dustcleared, the legacy pack dropped, and all the PEs came and went, Ithink my favorite colorway of that shoe is the GR cactus/black/greycolorway that resembles the one in the Legacy Pack.  I like the Pujolscolorway of this trainer SC 2010 shoe, but I think the "Bo" colorway isway overdone, and trying much too hard.  I can't get into Clemsoncolors and don't need Bo and his number on the back of the shoe.

Why do think trying much too hard? For me, the execution is on point. Wally may have a point with the colors looking more like a Clemson than Auburn but more pics will tell the story.

The Auburn CW pretty much HAS to be in the pack. They could put another CW in the pack but the Auburn is synonymous with the OG thus needed for the '90-'10 past-present presentation.

I think if anything the '34' is a bit much BUT it throws off the shoes. Two letters on one shoe and five on the other doesn't balance.

Im only looking for the Pujols Colorway and not the Bo's.    Guess I gotta find someone to take the Bo's or I take their Pujols

Let me just clarify what I mean by trying too hard.  I like the retro SCs from last year, minus the questionable leather quality.  There wasn't any specific reference to BO, and his whole story, which if you appreciate it, you already know and get.  The original SCs were some of my first loves as far as shoes and trainers go when they initially released.  With these 2010 editions, even if the colors are a little off, I can handle that and roll with it, but I just don't really need BO, and 34 (one or the other)/Would prefer some subtle Auburn/Royal reference(i.e the trainer 1s with the blue accents on the outsole repping the Royals) rather than the full bo34, along with the colorway.  Hope that makes sense. 

I am just not sure why Nike feels the need to "educate" those who have no clue on BO, Mac, they would do the same with Agassi if he were still with Nike, when they won't necessarily be appreciated by the new school of shoeheads.  These guys are not/will not ever be in the same category as MJ.  Even as far as that goes, I can already sense JB struggling somewhat to appeal to newer heads, and even old shoeheads with the continual re-tread of Jordan shoes/designs/re-creation of specific moments in his career, etc...

I appreciate the re-introduction of some of the old school NIKE guys, like BO, Deion, Griffey, Mac, but their shoes, colorways, and styles speak for themselves without having to overemphasize details that those who appreciate are already aware of.

If I'm understanding correctly it's sounds like the GR is just what you're looking for?

Subtle hints of Auburn and no Bo [direct] reference.....aside from the shoe being a new-wave SC Trainer.

nike-trainer-sc-2010-1.jpg

Works for me.  If the grey were royal blue it would be a slam dunk.  I think this shoe has a ton of potential as Wally intimated a few posts back.  Its lighter weight than I would have thought from looking at it.  That being said, it isn't anything terribly innovative or "new" from a technical standpoint.  I appreciate the infusion of some new with some old.  My favorite Bo shoe from the 90s was the Trainer Max 91.  I did everything in those shoes from basketball to tennis to just general kicking around.  I could see this being similar in that regard.  I would probably not play tennis in the current Trainer 1 or anything beyond some casual hoops.

Yes, well said, Wally.  GRs are enough for me...

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

I believe the pack will be in limited numbers (I am hearing around 500 pairs worldwide).

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

JM~ Thanks... Regarding the Bo/Albert pack, any confirmation on the "500pairs worldwide" as mentioned by Flint? Available at Champs...interesting.
Truthfully...no idea about the 500 pairs worldwide...

However, remember that Champs got the last Pacquiao Trainer 1...

JM
Sup JM!

Yes, my source told me "rumored to be 500"...so don't quote me just yet! 
tongue.gif

bad35d20464a621ac21fc46db114ed38b4a114d.jpg
White/Green/Grey =
pimp.gif

^auction site description is stating a "package ship date no later than Feb. 10th."..

Retail from other sources appears to be $250. Each shoe in theory is worth $100-105 bucks, so what's this extra $40 bucks about? The TR1 legacy pack last summer was just $180, as each shoe came up to being $90 a piece

Yikes.
pro-bowl-trainer-sc.jpg
Yikes is right. Those are out right disgusting.

^auction site description is stating a "package ship date no later than Feb. 10th."..

Retail from other sources appears to be $250. Each shoe in theory isworth $100-105 bucks, so what's this extra $40 bucks about? The TR1legacy pack last summer was just $180, as each shoe came up to being$90 a piece
Sigh......should've known.  I thought for sure the pack would be $200 or less. 

Back
Top Bottom