NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

TCU
nike-free-tr8-tcu-AR0411_500.jpg

I’m gonna pass on this year’s model. Tired of a new free trainer every year. Gonna go cop the Train Command.

You will not be disappointed man, I picked em up and they are so comfy. The Zoom takes a little bit to break in but after that, they are great. I feel that shoe went under the radar big time, very little discussion of it but they are one of the better looking team shoes in ages. I am really happy this FSU shoe has a black midsole for once! I know white is actually a better secondary color after the two main ones of garnet and gold, but man, it just stays a lot cleaner that way and I like the contrast. Definitely gonna pick this one up; I like the speckles. All of the colleges look pretty damn good. Oregon's one actually looks like pretty muted which is odd. Why they chose anthracite as the primary color instead of green or yellow is beyond me.

Is it just me, or are the Oregon joints the only ones that don't feature the logo on the side plastic overlay?

Yep and the O logo is on the heel, unlikeall the other schools. I actually like the school branding there, instead of the side because that translucent plastic kind of blurs the logo.

Is it just me, or are the Oregon joints the only ones that don't feature the logo on the side plastic overlay?

Pretty weird that they went plain on the Oregon pair. Looks like only 3 pairs don't have the speckled midsole and liner. Oregon is one of them and then they also put the O on the back. It makes them look really bare in my opinion.

This is the best pair IMO, with the Oklahoma State pair looking pretty slick as well.

I think they got the color placement right on this pair. I really wish they would have done other schools in similar fashon. Everything a single color (uppers, midsole, liner are all blue), then accented with a secondary color (laces, toe, logos, speckles). I'm not a Michgan fan, but these are nice.

I don't mind the colors Oregon chose, but I still wish they would have been more flashy with it. When did Oregon become the basic brand? Hopefully they get the next pair of Oregon's right. If they do a black yellow pair like the Michigan pair (swap black for the maize) it would be an automatic cop for me.

Remind me of the old 7.0 trainers I believe they were. I think I had the super bowl version which was silver, those were a great shoe. Hoping these are really similar.

You will not be disappointed man, I picked em up and they are so comfy. The Zoom takes a little bit to break in but after that, they are great. I feel that shoe went under the radar big time, very little discussion of it but they are one of the better looking team shoes in ages. I am really happy this FSU shoe has a black midsole for once! I know white is actually a better secondary color after the two main ones of garnet and gold, but man, it just stays a lot cleaner that way and I like the contrast. Definitely gonna pick this one up; I like the speckles. All of the colleges look pretty damn good. Oregon's one actually looks like pretty muted which is odd. Why they chose anthracite as the primary color instead of green or yellow is beyond me.

Long time “no see” how’s the fit? Gonna grab a few FSU pairs myself. TIA

Fit on the Zoom Commands is probably go a half size up. On the Frees, TTS. Hope ya doing well my man.

Thanks! I actually wore TTS on the Zoom Commands. I got 2 pairs of those; however, I wish I would have gotten another pair. Just missed getting them again. Nike pulled them their site the day before I was going to buy more and I haven’t heard of them at any outlets as of yet. By chance, y’all don’t have any on the Campus that you’re aware of, do you?

Anyway, since I wore TTS in the Zoom Commands, TTS should still work with the TR8s, right?

And I’m doing well, thanks. Moving from San Diego this summer to Savannah, GA. I’ll probably sell my FSU season tickets (to the same family I have the past 3 years) for one more season next year while I try to hit up other CFB stadiums. Plan on watching Boise and FSU in Jacksonville next season though.

Pics from my seats from the family I sell to before our meltdown against Va Tech lol
B0A404FB-AB03-4AE5-AE73-C5DE4B29833A.png

Thanks! I actually wore TTS on the Zoom Commands. I got 2 pairs of those; however, I wish I would have gotten another pair. Just missed getting them again. Nike pulled them their site the day before I was going to buy more and I haven’t heard of them at any outlets as of yet. By chance, y’all don’t have any on the Campus that you’re aware of, do you?

Anyway, since I wore TTS in the Zoom Commands, TTS should still work with the TR8s, right?

And I’m doing well, thanks. Moving from San Diego this summer to Savannah, GA. I’ll probably sell my FSU season tickets (to the same family I have the past 3 years) for one more season next year while I try to hit up other CFB stadiums. Plan on watching Boise and FSU in Jacksonville next season though.

Pics from my seats from the family I sell to before our meltdown against Va Tech lol
B0A404FB-AB03-4AE5-AE73-C5DE4B29833A.png

I don't have any on campus bro, sorry, we didn't even get them at the store! TTS would be good in the TR8 for sure. That Boise game will be bonkers I am hoping, sucks that you are selling your Tix but glad they go to another good FSU fam! Those are amazing seats, so jealous of that!

13115221_l.jpg

Saw these on a UK site listed as Free TR 9 Ultra.... If this is the upgrade to the TR 8, looks like I'll be going with Jordans on week zero... Guess we'll have to wait and see. TBH none of the school/Jordan branded trainers have done much for me. Has anyone seen anybody actually working out in the Jordan trainers or running in the Grind? They both look like something dudes would wear to class, then work out in the Frees and run in the Pegasus.

But compared to what we had, turf shoes with no cushion, lol...

Finally came up on these!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190405-182428_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190405-182428_Instagram.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom