Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heck no, it's the reverse. It's about Adidas first, but coincides with his holy trinity story second. :lol:
The timing is way too perfect for it to not be Adidas :lol:
He could've gotten a tattoo to represent "the father, son, and Holy Spirit" anytime.
He could’ve gotten any TYPE of other tattoo to represent the Trinity. He literally got 3 Lines (or stripes), as he joins the 3 Stripes. Only the blind can’t see how dumb this is.

All I know is that as long as he goes the route that Adidas tends to go in having logos and branding to a minimum on their kicks (not a Yeezy fan, but always loved that principle about them), I’m pretty damn interested in seeing what he creates.

All I know is that as long as he goes the route that Adidas tends to go in having logos and branding to a minimum on their kicks (not a Yeezy fan, but always loved that principle about them), I’m pretty damn interested in seeing what he creates.
yea..the way he does branding (minimal) does go hand in hand with adidas (performance..since it's the adidas performance logo..not Originals) or heck..even an entirely new Logo type face as Fear Of God Athletics.

It’s huge for Adidas IMO. Hell, I don’t even fk with Adidas like that (just not a fan of the style of their shoes), but I’m pretty excited to see what he creates. The only way (and I still don’t think it will EVER actually happen) that Adidas could close the gap is to do new and different sht. Nike can rest on its laurels of collabs with hot people on Jordan’s and other Nikes, and retros and dope net colorways of Jordan’s and Nikes, but Adidas have to try to create something new that grabs peoples’ attention.

Huge for adidas but Jerry dont got pull like that, and im a fan of his FoG mainline and Essentials. Did a good job with mainline FoG footwear, good job at Nike, but yeah he dont get pull like that.

I’m sure it was bigger than anything Nike was offering. It probably came with tons of freedom and autonomy, I mean, he’s heading Adidas Basketball now. But then again, Nike doesn’t “need” Jerry the way that Adidas does.

does adidas even need jerry? They’re the number two sportswear company in the world. The designs will be interesting but were people playing hoops in shoot arounds and fog 1s?

does adidas even need jerry? They’re the number two sportswear company in the world. The designs will be interesting but were people playing hoops in shoot arounds and fog 1s?

They don't NEED Jerry. But as a company you're always looking to expand your share of the market.

He could’ve gotten any TYPE of other tattoo to represent the Trinity. He literally got 3 Lines (or stripes), as he joins the 3 Stripes. Only the blind can’t see how dumb this is.

jerry is a huge RO fanboy. If anyone here follow and collect ricks, they’ll know that the two stripes is rick’s logo. A lot of rick fan boys tattoo the two stripes on the back of the neck since those usually go on the back label garment of ricks.

Between goat meals, og black, triple black and two shoot arounds im good. I’ll see what he does with adidas but expect high prices and low stock numbers

You know he designed most of yzy szn right?

There’s a difference between designing and being the face. In no way am I discrediting his design ability, although some of the Nike stuff was mediocre, he can definitely design. But Adidas is a sinking ship, and he does not have Kanye’s reach.

There’s a difference between designing and being the face. In no way am I discrediting his design ability, although some of the Nike stuff was mediocre, he can definitely design. But Adidas is a sinking ship, and he does not have Kanye’s reach.

Adidas is still much smaller than Nike revenue wise, like its always been, but still a multi-billion dollar international company. How they a sinking ship? The loyalty in Europe is way bigger than it is in America.

Huge for adidas but Jerry dont got pull like that, and im a fan of his FoG mainline and Essentials. Did a good job with mainline FoG footwear, good job at Nike, but yeah he dont get pull like that.

When you say he doesn't have pull like that? What you mean? Genuinely curious cause he proved he can move product. And it seems like he has a pretty good pulse on not only what luxury/celebs want, but also how to adapt it for the masses. Seems like thats exactly the kinda pull you'd need for this Adidas gig. It is just basketball, which is where Jerry been mining a lot of his design inspo from anyway. Seems like consumers will be buying sweats, sneakers, and shorts over and over forever, and Jerry is really good at coming up wit some obscure story or connection to make people think something is cool.

This aint Titanic B. This aint a jack to rose type of reach.

I couldn’t figure out why all the fear of god raids disappeared in one day, their were no sales in my size for two weeks. Now I see Jerry left and there will probably be no more releases/future retros. I could tell they were clearing out what they had left over of his collection with those scattered pieces a few weeks ago.

My pair of raids sold on GOAT yesterday, I canceled that **** 😆.

Jerry: It symbolizes the power of the athlete!
1608740296887.jpeg

Nike execs: Get out.

I get the impression that they’ll at least keep Travis and Virgil. I think Nike is just super strict on what creates can do. I mean, it’s their prerogative, as they’re the leader, and their pockets are hurting any, but other than collaborating on shoes, and a few pieces of attire, they’re not letting these dudes create whole lines and all that. I do think it’s a loss for Nike not keeping Jerry, but I also feel like creatives that link up with Adidas are hot for a minute, but eventually their stuff fizzles and isn’t as sought after or hot. Even Kanye, their hottest ever, is seeming his stuff lose the energy it had, and same for Pharrell. But we’ll see. It definitely the best career and business move, as you can only expand so much making a couple shoe models and a couple pieces of clothing. He can totally transform Adidas Basketball with this type of a partnership and control.

The crazy thing is Nike invested in Jerry and created legit footwear tooling for him to use with some of the FOG models (FOG 1s, Raids, and Mocs). That’s a lot of upfront money in a line for something they’ll never use again (since it’s all FOG branded). They didn’t even do this for Kanye with the Air Yeezy 1 and 2, for example.

Lol how is Adidas a sinking ship? Do you remember how irrelevant pre-Kanye Adidas was? The brand was dying and most sneakerheads wouldn’t touch it but Kanye alone saved that brand from irrelevancy because he’s that talented/influential and could do what nobody else could with Adidas. Hiring Jerry is extremely smart of Adidas because their non-Yeezy designs have been struggling and mostly derivative since the peak Boost hype with UB 1.0s and NMD R1s. Nike struggles with newer designs as well, which is surprising they let him walk since Jerry actually delivered them an amazing, hyped new model (FOG 1) that they haven’t seen in years. Nike should have honestly let Drake walk and retained Virgil, Travis, and Jerry-those 3 are essentially all hype factories.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is Nike invested in Jerry and created legit footwear tooling for him to use with some of the FOG models (FOG 1s, Raids, and Mocs). That’s a lot of upfront money in a line for something they’ll never use again (since it’s all FOG branded). They didn’t even do this for Kanye with the Air Yeezy 1 and 2, for example.
Nike is like Apple meaning that they are sometimes late to the party but do it better when they get there.

Nike has always been athlete first. It's what and who their company is based on. Now, artists of different disciplines have a major impact on footwear culture.

If y'all remember Adidas been doing the artist work since back in the day (Run DMC, Missy Elliot, Snoop Dogg etc)

Hell, Kanye asked for more SKU’s for Nike to say no to only give Virgil what he had originally asked for :rofl:

Virgil is their golden goose. He’s not going anywhere. Travis is big, but I don't view him as a creator, so to speak, in the footwear space. At this point, Virgil can walk into meetings and ask for anything.

Nike is like Apple meaning that they are sometimes late to the party but do it better when they get there.

Nike has always been athlete first. It's what and who their company is based on. Now, artists of different disciplines have a major impact on footwear culture.

If y'all remember Adidas been doing the artist work since back in the day (Run DMC, Missy Elliot, Snoop Dogg etc)

Hell, Kanye asked for more SKU’s for Nike to say no to only give Virgil what he had originally asked for :rofl:

Virgil is their golden goose. He’s not going anywhere. Travis is big, but I don't view him as a creator, so to speak, in the footwear space. At this point, Virgil can walk into meetings and ask for anything.

But why retain Drake over Jerry? I can’t think of one iconic design Drake popularized tbh. OVOs were cool (I even own a pair and also like a lot of Drake’s music, for the record) but they were simple cws of already iconic retro designs. Travis is on another level in that way since even his retros put a spin on said iconic designs, so I don’t understand the thought process of retaining both.

I agree about Nike putting the athlete 1st but why not retain top designers like Jerry over non-athletes like Drake that haven’t really moved the needle much for the brand and likely command massive pay?

Back
Top Bottom