Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's your point? It was more of a compliment than anything. I'm not knocking his hustle.

Also, he hasn't had a mainline collection sell well since the 4th collection. 5th collection was borderline trash too. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. The Zegna collab, while interesting, will rot on shelves until it's marked down over 50% off like most of his stuff over the past couple years.

Who said anything about selling out? :lol: I said hes been successful. He woudnt have 8 collections or whatever if he werent plus his other projects. You a buyer or something? You have access to sales or you just assume it doesnt sell well cause you see a bunch of stuff go on sale?

Who said anything about selling out? :lol: I said hes been successful. He woudnt have 8 collections or whatever if he werent plus his other projects. You a buyer or something? You have access to sales or you just assume it doesnt sell well cause you see a bunch of stuff go on sale?

I've been buying his mainline stuff since the 2nd collection. It was incredibly rare to find pieces from any of his collections on sale up to the 4th collection. These end-of-the-year half off sales he has regularly now on his website didn't start happening till the 5th. I'm not complaining, as I've been able to scoop up select pieces I want at a fraction of the price of what he charges.

I'm not denying that he's successful. But a lot of his success is due to him being cool with celebrities/influencers who were down to wear and help promote his stuff. His stuff is cool, but he isn't the creative genius that many people make him out to be. He wasn't the first to do bomber jackets, flannels, elongated tees, or oversized silhouettes in general.

I've been buying his mainline stuff since the 2nd collection. It was incredibly rare to find pieces from any of his collections on sale up to the 4th collection. These end-of-the-year half off sales he has regularly now on his website didn't start happening till the 5th. I'm not complaining, as I've been able to scoop up select pieces I want at a fraction of the price of what he charges.

I'm not denying that he's successful. But a lot of his success is due to him being cool with celebrities/influencers who were down to wear and help promote his stuff. His stuff is cool, but he isn't the creative genius that many people make him out to be. He wasn't the first to do bomber jackets, flannels, elongated tees, or oversized silhouettes in general.

I worked at Barneys, so id know how his stuff sold. Buying team were nice friends. :lol:

We had no trouble selling his stuff, a lot would sell out but also a lot would sit and hit sale. We ordered massive quanitities whenever a FoG collection would come out.

His success is due to celebrities and influencers, I mean thats literally any brand...

And no, he wasnt the first to do the oversized silhouettes and etc, but hes one of the best to do it, materials and fits are top notch and hes relevant, of course that has something to do with it. Even the Essentials line is it, its hard to find an alternative fit wise at that pricepoint.

That being said, love his work and think hes successful, but no he dont got as much pull as cats give him credit for.

Last edited:
I don’t pretend to be a loyal fan from the beginning, but his Zegna collab and 7th collection definitely speaks to me. I can wear this stuff to work and business meetings. The quality and craftmanship is impeccable.
62312BF6-DF89-43EF-911E-2AA80713AF0E.jpeg

Nike don’t need any of these guys. They don’t even need Virgil or Travis Scott. They can find other celebs to collab on their products.

nike doesn't even need collaborations (most of these companies don't). collabs are such a small fraction of sales. stuff like superstars and huaraches make up the majority of sales. all collabs do is bring hype...but nike nor adidas are going out of business anytime soon.

Shouts J johnhd again for the sizing help. Khaki Essentials sweats arrived today in XS and I couldn't be happier. Fit is basically perfect and they're a dope piece in general. Already like 'em more than my JE Escobars

nike doesn't even need collaborations (most of these companies don't). collabs are such a small fraction of sales. stuff like superstars and huaraches make up the majority of sales. all collabs do is bring hype...but nike nor adidas are going out of business anytime soon.
i think thats completely incorrect.

theres a reason nike changed its strategy on celebrity/designer endorsers when kanye left for adidas. they've even mentioned them on a few earnings calls. they might account for a small amount of sales but they're a part of nike's strategy.

with the exception of some of the clothes Leo designed the line....so I’m not sure what the big deal is....

i think thats completely incorrect.

theres a reason nike changed its strategy on celebrity/designer endorsers when kanye left for adidas. they've even mentioned them on a few earnings calls. they might account for a small amount of sales but they're a part of nike's strategy.

Nike doesnt need collabs to remain the top boy in its field. Thats a fact when were talking about sales. Of course collabs are part of Nike’s strategy though, more marketshare and visibility (as if they need).

Nike doesnt need collabs to remain the top boy in its field.
That's where you wrong. Endorsements and collabs Nike needs to stay hip.
Don't get me wrong, it's a slow burn, won't happen overnight. But they know it's essential.
And the younger gen doesn't revere Jordan as mine does.
Ndc need hip and current collabs to stay relevant.
It's a marathon....

with the exception of some of the clothes Leo designed the line....so I’m not sure what the big deal is....

I worked wit Leo on something around when FOG stuff had just dropped, and was able to speak wit him about working wit Jerry. He said he was super hands on with every detail, and that it wasn't like working with a lot of other collaborators where he was basically a ghost designer. And you can see how much of Jerry's DNA is in the designs of everything in the collection.

Don't get me wrong, it's a slow burn, won't happen overnight. But they know it's essential.
It's a marathon....

Wit collabs, it's essentially Coke vs. Pepsi. Everybody in the world knows their brands, but yet, both still advertise. And it's only because they know the other will advertise. Same thing with collabs. If Nike didn't do them, but Adidas did then you're essentially leaving the door open for the tide to change in a different direction amongst consumers. Market share is a war you have to fight on ALL fronts.

It's a marathon....

Needing to stay hip is what every company needs to do, I literally said of course it plays a role in their visibility. I said Nike doesnt need collabs to stay top dawg, and they dont, revenue wise. Has nothing go do with “staying hip”. They can go without collabs for years and adidas or whoever is in 2nd woudnt touch em. Couple years ago Nikes total revenue was 50% more than adidas. :lol:

Needing to stay hip is what every company needs to do, I literally said of course it plays a role in their visibility. I said Nike doesnt need collabs to stay top dawg, and they dont, revenue wise. Has nothing go do with “staying hip”. They can go without collabs for years and adidas or whoever is in 2nd woudnt touch em. Couple years ago Nikes total revenue was 50% more than adidas. :lol:
Lol typical hare vs turtle mentality. How's adc bottom line flourished adding Ye to the fold? Think dude would've hit that billi networth under ndc?
FOG sells out, limited as it was. Imagine that with Jerry given more leeway.,
Keep that energy...not everything lasts.

Lol typical hare vs turtle mentality. How's adc bottom line flourished adding Ye to the fold? Think dude would've hit that billi networth under ndc?
FOG sells out, limited as it was. Imagine that with Jerry given more leeway.,
Keep that energy...not everything lasts.

Adidas isnt catching up to Nike, doesnt matter how you wanna put it. You think Nike’s majority of sales is through little collabs? :lol: Adidas can have an All Star team, they never gonna take over SALES WISE.

Adidas isnt catching up to Nike, doesnt matter how you wanna put it. You think Nike’s majority of sales is through little collabs? :lol: Adidas can have an All Star team, they never gonna take over SALES WISE.

As a wise artist named Justin Bieber once said, "Never say never."

Adidas makes about $20billion per year LESS than Nike. That’s a lot of ground to make up for. While it is true nothing lasts forever, we probably won’t see Adidas surpass Nike while we still care.

Back
Top Bottom