Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

The Zoom Fly from the original the ten collection came with which colored laces? Orange and teal?

530 lmao. Dude gonna be sucking down them tapioca balls knowing he finessed his “friend”

2xnjvi.jpg

Never. Off white has deeply cemented its presence in sneaker and fashion culture.
Same could've been said about boost as far as the sneaker culture. SB hype has declined up until the diamond/pigeon/lobster drop and I would argue that resell prices aren't even that crazy. But I do agree that it would have to take a miracle for off white to end up declining like some of those grail boosts like the SNS tee times and nicekicks

Off white engulfed a broader demographic than UBs could ever have. Boost main selling point was their comfort, but the silhouette was becoming stale. Not a lot of people prefer functionality over aesthetics and coupled that with endless of cascading CWs. It was only a matter of time.
SB would be a more fair comparison cuz it has a longer history. IMO the hype died down because it was only the OGs keeping it alive, the decline of popularity of skating, and its "outdated" style that prevented newer sneakerheads from getting into it. There was initially a surge of hype from the newer releases, but that's probably because of hypebeasts and resellers.

And Adidas had no discernible follow up to UBs. They kept producing tons of them in different colors and thats what killed the hype. The Ten were a one and done. ....or a 34 and done but who’s counting?

Off white engulfed a broader demographic than UBs could ever have. Boost main selling point was their comfort, but the silhouette was becoming stale. Not a lot of people prefer functionality over aesthetics and coupled that with endless of cascading CWs. It was only a matter of time.
you're kidding right? the demographic off white targeted was high fashion, and the ten brought in sneakerheads and hypebeasts. 90% of people in here probably never heard of off white before the ten and the average person still probably doesnt know.

and not a lot of people prefer functionality over aesthetics? how about most non sneakerheads/regular people :rofl:

Off White is trash though. The Ten saved Virgil’s career, and long term influence.

you're kidding right? the demographic off white targeted was high fashion, and the ten brought in sneakerheads and hypebeasts. 90% of people in here probably never heard of off white before the ten and the average person still probably doesnt know.

and not a lot of people prefer functionality over aesthetics? how about most non sneakerheads/regular people :rofl:

When will Off White hype will die like Ultra Boost hype?
I'm including the 10 as part of off white. Thought that was understood.

I guess I should elaborate better. The general population/non sneakerheads is LARGE, but I consider them as one type of demographic. They dont generate hype nor care about it.

Weren’t you yooping and hollering about OW af1 being goat or some nonsense?

That has nothing to do with my point. My point was that The Ten is an incredible accomplishment for Virgil. The majority of it has been great, unlike his Off White/Non-Nike work. And yes, the black AF1 is the GOAT OW/Nike collab.

Back
Top Bottom