Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Crazy. That’s some good luck.
For sure. A guy posted the link to the spring promo thing in the AM1 thread. I just happened to click it between them loading them and them putting the Tweet out. If I had known what was going on, I could have bought the size 10 and the 11 but I wasted a good 20 seconds being baffled. I'm sure they would have cancelled one or both if I did though.

What’s up with all these Instagram raffles? Tag 3 friends and I never use Instagram so this is going to make me look like a shoe addict

Can’t stand the markup that END puts on some of their shoes on the launch

Shadow 1s = normal retail :smile:
Blush 500 = $50 over retail :smh:
Undftd UB = $65 over retail :smh:
OW Vapormax = $75 over retail :sick:

Don't know adidas worth but is the UB worth anything? Or is it possible trade bait?

From a retailer's perspective do you want to know why they do this? Nike forces them to take a TON of other stuff, mostly crap models that sit forever or they end up putting on sale and losing $ on. You have to build your account with Nike over many years to be able to get hyped releases like Off-White. All it does is just off-set their costs and I see no problem with it, it helps keep these boutiques in business. This is the same reason that a lot backdoor.

Last edited:
From a retailer's perspective do you want to know why they do this? Nike forces them to take a TON of other stuff, mostly crap models that sit forever or they end up putting on sale and losing $ on. You have to build your account with Nike over many years to be able to get hyped releases like Off-White. All it does is just off-set their costs and I see no problem with it, it helps keep these boutiques in business. This is the same reason that a lot backdoor.

Yeah, I understand that. But I personally don’t think their poor sales performance on non-hyped items justifies a 25% markup on hyped items. I get they have to pass their costs on to the customer to make up that lost revenue, I just think it looks bad on their end.

A 25% markup is not an industry standard. Most of the boutiques offering these hyped Nike releases do so at retail or slightly above retail. I guess END must be hurting right now to do such a high markup. I’ve also noticed ENDs markup trending upwards over the past year or so.

At the end of the day it’s all a moot point as most of us won’t hit lol, and their markup is still cheaper than resell. Just stinks to see END go this route as they used to be one of preferred sites.

Yeah, I understand that. But I personally don’t think their poor sales performance on non-hyped items justifies a 25% markup on hyped items. I get they have to pass their costs on to the customer to make up that lost revenue, I just think it looks bad on their end.

A 25% markup is not an industry standard. Most of the boutiques offering these hyped Nike releases do so at retail or slightly above retail. I guess END must be hurting right now to do such a high markup. I’ve also noticed ENDs markup trending upwards over the past year or so.

At the end of the day it’s all a moot point as most of us won’t hit lol, and their markup is still cheaper than resell. Just stinks to see END go this route as they used to be one of preferred sites.

Looks bad on their end? Offering the product for sale and if you so choose to pay it, that's on you not them. You make that choice to enter and agree with their pricing, no one is forcing you or anyone else to enter.

This is a business, they don't care what you or anyone else might think. They want to profit and make money in the End. (pun intended)

Looks bad on their end? Offering the product for sale and if you so choose to pay it, that's on you not them. You make that choice to enter and agree with their pricing, no one is forcing you or anyone else to enter.

This is a business, they don't care what you or anyone else might think. They want to profit and make money in the End. (pun intended)

Do you work for END? You’re defending them like it’s your kin.

Relax my guy. My opinion is that their markup is high when compared to other retailers. I’m well aware people sill have a choice to pay that price. And I still will pay that markup lol. But it doesn’t change the fact that the markup is dumb.

I swear some dudes on here need to get off their high horse and take a ****ing chill pill.

Back
Top Bottom