Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

Anyone know how the sizing is on the original mars yard 2.0? I heard they fit a bit big? Recommend going half size down? I need to pull the trigger before the prices go up even more

Anyone know how the sizing is on the original mars yard 2.0? I heard they fit a bit big? Recommend going half size down? I need to pull the trigger before the prices go up even more

Well, since the shoe is based upon a free midsole, I would go .5 size down from your usual true to size.

In my experience, the 5.0 free sole (I believe this is what the 2.0 version uses) runs .5 size big.

I mean, what’s the point?

I’ve seen more pics of this new drop with the shroud removed. If people don’t like the shoe the way it was made/meant to be what is the end game here?

Or are all the Hypes justifying copping these only to get their ex’s to knifes out and get to cutting away all the excess material to discover the shoe they want underneath?

Seems inherently disingenuous at best, very hypey at worst.

In before the obligatory “y u mad doe?” replies >D.

Ain't gonna catch me spending $600 for a sneaker just to destroy it - even if I got it like that. But if I did have it like that, I'd just drop that money on the Mars Yard 2.0 instead :nerd:

i mean jaysse has 40k or more on his wrist at all times & his mars yard 2.0's are pictured there, so i don't think that's the issue here, i saw a video of his today saying turns out he got the shoe in the wrong size & he can't wear it anyway & i think he paid like 1.5k to get it early, lollll .. maybe he was really gonna rock them like that with the base & straps on them?

in other news, since frank ocean made his ig public today, we got a closer look at his tom sachs custom mars yard 2.0's ... fiiiiiiiiiiire...
oceanyards.jpg

Saw a pair of the Overshoes in the wild earlier this week, definitely a pair I'd just keep on display...look horrible on feet imo

i mean jaysse has 40k or more on his wrist at all times & his mars yard 2.0's are pictured there, so i don't think that's the issue here, i saw a video of his today saying turns out he got the shoe in the wrong size & he can't wear it anyway & i think he paid like 1.5k to get it early, lollll .. maybe he was really gonna rock them like that with the base & straps on them?

in other news, since frank ocean made his ig public today, we got a closer look at his tom sachs custom mars yard 2.0's ... fiiiiiiiiiiire...
oceanyards.jpg

Frank gotta be trolling. Just because hes a celebrity doesnt mean he aint gonna try to faux flex.

http://www.shoes2018us.com/amazon-r...blue-aa2261-001-running-shoe-for-sale-p-21025

Nike%20Tom%20Sachs%20x%20Nike%20Mars%20Yard%202.0%20GD%20Dark%20Blue%20AA2261%20001%20Running%20Shoe%20For%20Sale_03.jpg

Does anyone know if Mars Yards ever came with a box that had a black size label? Maybe europe releases had a slightly different size label design than the standard orange-red label? Or the black labels a fake?

10EEE89E-9784-495C-83BE-4087ABC08549.jpeg

VS

F6C108CF-844A-4233-93C6-438472C42DF7.png

11C57F62-2A0D-4475-8A02-2EB72620021B.jpeg
Does anyone know if Mars Yards ever came with a box that had a black size label? Maybe europe releases had a slightly different size label design than the standard orange-red label? Or the black labels a fake?

10EEE89E-9784-495C-83BE-4087ABC08549.jpeg

VS

F6C108CF-844A-4233-93C6-438472C42DF7.png

Mine has a black label. Bought it thru SX right after striking out. I believe it did come from EU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank gotta be trolling. Just because hes a celebrity doesnt mean he aint gonna try to faux flex.

http://www.shoes2018us.com/amazon-r...blue-aa2261-001-running-shoe-for-sale-p-21025

Nike%20Tom%20Sachs%20x%20Nike%20Mars%20Yard%202.0%20GD%20Dark%20Blue%20AA2261%20001%20Running%20Shoe%20For%20Sale_03.jpg

again, frank isn't trolling... he's good friends with tom sachs who created that pair for him specifically ...he's worked on projects with frank before, including the "endless" video ...he has a relationship with sachs fam he was in the hero's journey the nike video about the mars yard also, do ya googles.

https://www.complex.com/style/2016/08/frank-ocean-relationship-tom-sachs-artist-behind-video

download (22).jpg

And this dude’s box has a black label too. chrisnuggets chrisnuggets

Thanks for the tip!!

again, frank isn't trolling... he's good friends with tom sachs who created that pair for him specifically ...he's worked on projects with frank before, including the "endless" video ...he has a relationship with sachs fam he was in the hero's journey the nike video about the mars yard also, do ya googles.

https://www.complex.com/style/2016/08/frank-ocean-relationship-tom-sachs-artist-behind-video

download (22).jpg

Thanks for educating me. I just ran across the image of those fakes when I was searching for black label tom sachs box and those black fakes on DHgate came up.

If you've got money burning in your pocket, you can grab a $1000 folding chair today!

Wow...as much as I’m into this whole astronaut space theme Tom Sachs got going on, that chair is just ridiculous! Don’t care how wealthy you are, if you’re spending $1k on that...:smh:

Back
Top Bottom