Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
E6DA722B-3C87-4D2D-86FE-62732193B52A.jpeg

Nike probably gonna recall any future fake protro 4s as b grades. Which means we can all eat like the melo 13s

Watch The only 4’s with forefoot Zoom will be the Undefeated pairs.

There will only be 500 made.

And they’ll be the two best colorways.

Harder punch to the nuts will be no release of the carpe’s or Del sols.

Nike going full Junior Smith on this release, watch!

Nike Kobe 5 Protro 1/2
Color: White/Black-Metallic Gold
Style Code: CT8014-100
Release Date: Early 2020

Via SBD

IN for this colorway.

I was watching this video yesterday and thinking how can they “improve” on the 5.

Brainstorm with me i never owned the 5.

I was watching this video yesterday and thinking how can they “improve” on the 5.

Fit & court feel were awesome. One of my favorite performance shoes.

Areas of improvements? For most shoes and for the V's it's the traction and durability.

V's traction: It wasn't bad, nor great. I prefer the IV's.

V's Durability: the life of the outsole is short if you only had a pair. I rotated through a multiple of V's.

That shoe bottomed out on me in about 6 weeks of playing and I’m not some big fat dude either.

Instead of being lazy and just throwing segmented or full length zoom in there and charging $200, they could do zoom with a react carrier while still maintaining that super low to the ground feeling like in the original 5.

The fit was perfect like it was in the 8’s. Traction was excellent. Materials were crap but I hoop in my shoes so as long as they don’t rip I don’t really care.

With that being said we’ll be lucky to get phylon in those things.

The 5s ripped on a lot of people. If we go by this schedule the 6s will drop in 2021 I might not even be alive by then. Nike taking too long to retro these, should've started when the ad line came out

durability of the upper, that's about it. my fav shoe ever

Jesus I hope they release that chaos colorway

Kobe V Protro should be:

1. Reinforced midsole/upper: to avoid tearing. should be easy with today's technology (or with the Zion incident, maybe not?.

2. Improved traction: story-telling traction was the weakest link for me. Maybe use different compound and partial herringbone.

3. Cushioning: Was fine for me but at a minimum they should upgrade the forefoot "met bag" (ie. ball of forefoot only) to a full forefoot zoom bag like the PG line. Of course retain heel zoom. Best case: Full length zoom if you want to us kobe heads to cop 6+ pairs each.

4. Bonus round:
GR Chaos and Dark Knights. Game over. Thanks for playing.

Of course, that's too hard for Nike cause they'd rather save 20c on giving us proper zoom bags.

Disclaimer: Kobe V is GOAT bball shoe for me (pretty much got me back in to performance basketball shoes) so anything less than a deluxe treatment on these by Nike will leave me extremely bitter. As if this Kobe IV Protro debacle isn't enough, Nike you heathens, smarten up.

Last edited:
durability of the upper, that's about it. my fav shoe ever

Jesus I hope they release that chaos colorway

My. Man. That's all I care about, too: upper that doesn't crack/sp;it/rip, and Chaos colorway. Hell, if they just retroed the Chaos as it was builit originally, I'd still buy three or more pairs.

Put on some KD 11s for the first time in months. Nike really should have put that cushioning system in the Protro 4s. Such a shame we got the cushioning we did on the 4s...

Back
Top Bottom