Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Looks like that 2/7 release date ain’t happening now. Maybe we won’t ever get another pair of his line. Nike told FTL to ship all their inventory of Kobe merch back.

Looks like I won't be able to try on the 5s in awhile especially the chaos. Happy to own the 4 and 6, no other shoe plays like them

Kind of uncharted territory for Nike to be honest...They’ve never had a signature athlete pass away before now, at least not somebody who anchored a whole product line...

Stopping sales is the right move in my eyes, at least temporarily...As much as I’d like to buy more shoes as a show of support I think it’s more of an honor to kind of stop and let things breathe for a bit...Let the focus settle on the victims where it belongs for now...I was already thinking that they’d come hard for Mamba Day this year but this pulling of product definitely confirms that for me...

“In the wake of Kobe Bryant's tragic passing, Nike has decided to pull all Kobe-related items from its Nike.com webstore, company sources have confirmed to ESPN. For now, searches for his products provide one result -- a purple and yellow Nike gift card bearing the Los Angeles Lakers logo.

The company is re-evaluating its ongoing strategy for releasing Bryant's beloved signature shoe series, and in the interim, would prefer to limit resellers stockpiling an inventory of existing products, only to sell them on the secondary market at an elevated price.

Throughout the company, Bryant's imprint is being fondly reflected on, with the gravity of his death weighing heavily across its web of global office spaces. He was more than just an endorsing athlete at Nike -- he was a true partner -- working in tandem with executives, designers, developers, and a wide-ranging net of employees throughout the Swoosh's corporate structure since joining the company in 2003.”

Nike knows the deal...Price gauging due to a persons death is a slime ball move...Rationalize it how you like...

Kudos to Nike for this, you can tell they're preparing for a huge Mamba Day. What do u guys think the color scheme will be for the holiday? I'm thinking primary black with scales to honor the black mamba

Definitely something black based I’d imagine...Hopefully they come full on GR so that everybody can make a purchase...

I’ve been a Kobe fan and followed him all my life but I kind of feel like the people in L.A. and Philly should get first dibs on any Kobe merch.

ID is the best approach...Pick a model and throw it up there permanently like they do with AM90’s for example...Switch up the options from time to time and just let the fans have at it...

People can make their own damn memorial sneaker and have no worries about wearing them on the hardwood, like Kobe intended for his line to be worn...

Cut resellers out all together too...Let’s people make the shoe they want to make at their discretion...

ID is the best approach...Pick a model and throw it up there permanently like they do with AM90’s for example...Switch up the options from time to time and just let the fans have at it...

People can make their own damn memorial sneaker and have no worries about wearing them on the hardwood, like Kobe intended for his line to be worn...

Cut resellers out all together too...Let’s people make the shoe they want to make at their discretion...
If they do that anytime soon it would still flip. iDs have been selling out for cactus plant flea market etc

If they do that anytime soon it would still flip. iDs have been selling out for cactus plant flea market etc

Not talking about a CPFM type of release...Full on GR that’s always available...Like with the AM1’s and AM90’s for example...Not a one and done type of deal like CPFM’s...

Even if they sell through an initial batch of material options, which would be likely, they could just re-up them once they have more product available...

Bought a Chaos pair on Sat night for maybe $15 over retail after applying the eBay code. Once I saw how prices had skyrocketed last night I just new my ordered would get canceled. This afternoon I got my shipping confirmation... I’m very thankful for that.

Came back to NT because I wanted to be in touch with all the Protro V releases, it was the shoe that got me into collecting sneakers in the first place, and then this happens...

Literally 3 of my friends hit me up because I had an extra pair of Chaos but now it's crazy because I have to question their intent on whether they are going to resell them or not.

Was already sick to my stomach just about the news, but people disappoint me man...

Not talking about a CPFM type of release...Full on GR that’s always available...Like with the AM1’s and AM90’s for example...Not a one and done type of deal like CPFM’s...

Even if they sell through an initial batch of material options, which would be likely, they could just re-up them once they have more product available...
They wouldn’t have enough materials for a long time

Message from Urban Necessities.. LOVE IT! How it should be!
Screenshot_20200127-222347_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom