Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Bought a Chaos pair on Sat night for maybe $15 over retail after applying the eBay code. Once I saw how prices had skyrocketed last night I just new my ordered would get canceled. This afternoon I got my shipping confirmation... I’m very thankful for that.
Same here. Didn’t have the eBay code so I asked my uncle to get the Chaos for me on Saturday night for $216 including shipping. Then the tragedy that was yesterday happened and I for sure felt there’s no chance I was going to get them, but low and behold I got my shipping confirmation today as well! Thanks to everyone here on this thread who helped push me over the top to get them and sell my other Kobe’s I didn’t want on SX. Sold my Del Sol (POP) last week for $220 and just got paid today and sold my Barcelona 8s Saturday afternoon for $230 (it’ll probably be sent back cause the box was deformed so I’m hoping it comes back home). It’s a tough time right now for all Kobe fans but this community has shown great promise that his legend will never die. #MambaForever

Same here. Sold my DS POP’s and Black Mamba Undefeateds last month, was really close to selling my used Carpe Diem’s as well. I wear my Kobe’s to play ball in, and the lack of zoom just didn’t do it for me. Not that it really matters but I’m kinda hoping that the people who bought them really appreciate them more than I ever would have.

I love this strategy by Nike. Let everything settle first then come up with a plan that will be beneficial for the Bryant family and the fans.

I HOPE Nike keeps it simple and finally give us colorways Kobe wore (or IDs) in future releases

I also understand that resellers don’t have feelings so Nike doing this make me feel good:smile:

Came back to NT because I wanted to be in touch with all the Protro V releases, it was the shoe that got me into collecting sneakers in the first place, and then this happens...

Literally 3 of my friends hit me up because I had an extra pair of Chaos but now it's crazy because I have to question their intent on whether they are going to resell them or not.

Was already sick to my stomach just about the news, but people disappoint me man...

I feel you on this man. I know someone who isn't into sports, never was a Kobe fan, never had Kobe shoes, etc. All of a sudden dude updates all his social media thing about this tragic event for LIKES cause that's pretty much his personality. That fake it to make it, flex online type of dude for the gram (but doesnt know squat or really have anything). Then he hits me up asking If I have any extra Kobe pairs for him. Kind of pissed me off cause back of my mind I can't hate on anyone trying to show love to Kobe regardless if they knew anything about him, but to fake it like you had memories and nostalgia with him when I know he didn't had me heated. I'm thinking dude wanted some shoes to either Flip or Rock on the gram just to bandwagon and fit in with everything trending on social media about Kobe cause that's the type of BS he does with everything SMH. Glad to say, I been tapering away from this dude recently...just toxic.

I feel you on this man. I know someone who isn't into sports, never was a Kobe fan, never had Kobe shoes, etc. All of a sudden dude updates all his social media thing about this tragic event for LIKES cause that's pretty much his personality. That fake it to make it, flex online type of dude for the gram (but doesnt know squat or really have anything). Then he hits me up asking If I have any extra Kobe pairs for him. Kind of pissed me off cause back of my mind I can't hate on anyone trying to show love to Kobe regardless if they knew anything about him, but to fake it like you had memories and nostalgia with him when I know he didn't had me heated. I'm thinking dude wanted some shoes to either Flip or Rock on the gram just to bandwagon and fit in with everything trending on social media about Kobe cause that's the type of BS he does with everything SMH. Glad to say, I been tapering away from this dude recently...just toxic.

Wow, fishing for likes from a tragedy when he has no connection to Kobe - terrible.
I don't know what's worse - resellers raising their prices to profit off this tragedy or what your friend, who has no association with Kobe, is doing fishing for likes.

I admit, I'm guilty of posting things on Social Media about Kobe the past two days, but I grew up watching Kobe play. I watched this guy play for 20 years, and as lame as it sounds it almost feels like he's family in a way because of that. I love the game because of Kobe; I play the game the way I do because of Kobe; I'm a die-heard Laker fan because of Kobe. It really hit me today watching his last game again on ESPN that he is really gone. It was so hard to keep it together when they panned to his family watching their dad doing his thing on the court - GiGi getting all giddy and clapping for Kobe when he hit big shots towards the end of the game. I tend to keep my emotions locked in, but I actually cried tonight when he took the mic and delivered his speech after the game - his final speech to all of his fans.

Rest in Paradise Black Mamba and GiGi.

Last edited:
can't believe I returned my Chaos Vs (they destroy my toes) 2 days before he passed... I would have definitely kept them.

I just remember a few months back I was hard up for cash at the time and I sold my Dark Knight 5s (my top 3 favorites from the line) and it hurt having to let them go then (was also a gift), hurts triple now knowing I don’t have it to go back to. It’s probably stupid but I had to get that off my chest...

Wore my inks yesterday
IMG_20200127_184327-01.jpeg

This crap has been on my mind since I heard the news non stop. Even while playing ball, working out, etc. I try to stay off social media and avoid tv cause I’m hurting inside.

Just wanted to vent to my Kobe/NT family.

I feel you bro.We’re all in this even though we’re “Internet strangers.” I feel like we all share a bond thru Bean and that’s AWESOME.

For the rest of 2020, the Oscars, ESPYs, FINALS, the Olympics, Mamba Day, etc. all gonna have some form of tribute for Bean.

Checked the sales stuff on SX and its disgusting. Very very few Kobe's I ever wanted as well as a Jersey and if I get it, its for me not this savage BS. And immediately after his death no less. :smh:

Put an order in for some Mamba Academy stuff...We’ll see if it all goes through or not 🤷‍♂️...

Checked and most places sold out of the Mamba Focus shoes even...So not counting on this order to go through...

I think a lot of shops are doing the right move by halting sales of kobe products. Seems like prices are coming down slightly on places that still sell em (goat/stockx). It was probably the initial news that made people either want some piece of merch/shoes to remember him or reseller vultures who were looking to buy low and sell high.

By giving it a little of time in between, I do think prices should stabilize a bit. Nah, they'll never be that slightly above retail like before (chaos, undefeated 4's, etc.), but they definitely won't be the triple-quadruple what retail is.

I'm actually really surprised the undefeated 4 black mamba cw is going for so much higher than the lakers cw. I mean I get that it's his actual nickname associated with the cw, but damn, lakers cw is iconic.

I love the Kobe line all around, but man, I am probably only looking to add the black mamaba undefeated 4 (still a maybe) and definitely the ftb 11. Currently still working on restoring some of my older kobes

Back
Top Bottom