Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Hahah anyone get the "released b/c I forgot to buy" pairs yet? I feel like this is the calm before a storm of posts.

*while refreshing e-mail vigorously"

don't think you guys realize how many factors are at play when "simply" upping production during a pandemic.

there's material sourcing and a whole production line that needs to be ready (not to mention distribution), just because they continue to put out other models doesn't mean those factories are prepared to produce kobes.

i get the frustration and theres no doubt nike fumbled big time, but please don't be naive like some of the posts above.

lot catz jus dont know/understand all legwork involved n supply chains/manufacturing, all dependent on anotha 2 function at 100%

met guy at grocery store and he wuz pissed so much produce sold out, says he comes everyday to PICK his fruits/vegs and now he cant. bro srs thought grocery store wuz growin stuff right there, wuz at loss 4 words

lot catz jus dont know/understand all legwork involved n supply chains/manufacturing, all dependent on anotha 2 function at 100%

met guy at grocery store and he wuz pissed so much produce sold out, says he comes everyday to PICK his fruits/vegs and now he cant. bro srs thought grocery store wuz growin stuff right there, wuz at loss 4 words
This is implying that Kobes require more materials or production quality than other Nike basketball signature shoes...which just seems flat out untrue.

so nike can source all the materials in the world and up production and massively distribute Mamba Fury's and all types of Nike basketball shoes and new models but they can't do it on 10+ year old flywire and zoom technology?

giphy.gif

its not like they're digging up an old mold and trying to run up production factories for the first time. The 5's were and still in factory production line. Its Nike keeping it a limited product vs. the difficulty of trying to make more.

All I did was state an opinion. Nobody is brainwashed. And @ me next time.
All good bro. Hope you hit tomorrow.

“Nike could’ve done this or that.” Or “They could not have because of ______ reasons”.

Everyone is doing a lot of speculating, myself included.

Last thing I’ll say on this topic is they definitely could have done a ‘made to order’ procedure....

they chose not to. Not because of covid 19, not because of timing of his death, not because of materials or production issues.Why they chose to just make these all hella limited and leave most Kobe fans in the dark - who knows. Did they do it to pump the hype machine, negative PR be damned?? Or was it pure laziness? Tbh sadly I think it was laziness

so nike can source all the materials in the world and up production and massively distribute Mamba Fury's and all types of Nike basketball shoes and new models but they can't do it on 10+ year old flywire and zoom technology?

giphy.gif

its not like they're digging up an old mold and trying to run up production factories for the first time. The 5's were and still in factory production line. Its Nike keeping it a limited product vs. the difficulty of trying to make more.

So Nike was supposed to go back and say we need four times our initial order in the middle of a pandemic?

You seriously have first world entitlement. We're in the middle of a pandemic, protest and a Cat 5 just hit the gulf coast.

Would I have liked to have gotten some, sure, but I also have dozens of Kobe's already and his kicks will continue to release. Learn what's important in life, it's not kicks.

So Nike was supposed to go back and say we need four times our initial order in the middle of a pandemic?

when Nike started production on 5's, we weren't even in the pandemic yet. Kobe's death hadn't even happened yet. Protros was already 2 years deep. Even after Kobe died and releases were being halted immediately, none of the stuff you mentioned had even started to take off. Nike knew what they were doing.

You seriously have first world entitlement. We're in the middle of a pandemic, protest and a Cat 5 just hit the gulf coast.

Would I have liked to have gotten some, sure, but I also have dozens of Kobe's already and his kicks will continue to release. Learn what's important in life, it's not kicks.

Us all being in here, chasing sneakers instead of doing other things to better the world is already "first world entitlement". Don't act like you're any better if you wanna use that excuse on a forum. We're discussing sneakers, doesn't mean we don't care about whats going on with the rest of the world.

Like I said, its more about Nike limited it vs. ALLLLL the examples you named thats proving difficult to up production

I remember someone posting the production dates from their shoes and it was from last year before the pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom