Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

EB09CA31-21DA-4A9B-A2D5-AB8919607A7F.jpeg

OGs again today.

It was so cool seeing multiple kobe teammates wear the same shoe. That doesn't happen with other players
I wonder how much of it was Kobe forcing it on them :lol:.

Real talk, I think Fisher, Odom, Shannon, Sasha, etc. loved playing with him so they probably wore them on their own accord but also for team unity/chemistry during the 2008-2011 era when things were good.

I wonder how much of it was Kobe forcing it on them :lol:.

Real talk, I think Fisher, Odom, Shannon, Sasha, etc. loved playing with him so they probably wore them on their own accord but also for team unity/chemistry during the 2008-2011 era when things were good.
His shoes were always amazing on court, nothing even came close

IMO of course. Kobe doesn’t seem the type-to care or force ones to wear his kicks. Players wears what feels good and performs to their standards.

With the way the athletes are playing in the NBA, fast, quick, positionless etc. it makes sense that Kobes line of shoes support those characteristics. Adequate cushioning, support, traction.

LeBron's line is catered towards the bigger/mobile man. KD and Kobe a hybrid in between.

Then you have Kyrie's line that's specifically targeted at the shifty/explosive guard.

I do wonder if the golden years of shoe technology are past us. The 2000-2010 was revolutionary IMO, 2010-2020 more evolutionary. Interested to see what the game is like in the next 20 years. For one, i'll be harping on about the Nike 2K4 and the alpha project (Kukini, ultraposite, flightposite etc.) golden years!!

See I hated hooping in the huarache 2k5 though.
says something about the state of shoe technology. nothing new has topped a 10 year old shoe in performance.

Has nike even come out with a nice basketball shoe the last 10 years? More so the last 6 years?

feel like designs have been really bad, haven’t seen or heard much tech wise.

remember people being hyped for team shoes long time ago, aka 2k4, 5, etc

they also had the zoom BB, and the hyper fuse line which was nice

that was well over 10yeats Ago. Feel like it’s the same crappy every year with either a Lebron shoe, KD, or Irving. Even then it’s the same tech year in and year out

To be fair it's a sneaker, there's only so much to improve on and much of it such as fit and court feel/cushioning is subjective to the players preferences. Then other objective aspects, like good traction, they still manage to mess up sometimes like in the Jordan 31, which is kind of mind boggling.

Then there's the gimmicky attempts to fix what's already near perfect like a tongue with the one bootie upper phase that's thankfully starting to die and laces with the fast fit tech that hopefully/thankfully had an even shorter run is at best laughable and at worst just annoying.

This is all it ever was. Nike has recently made a push around the league to get players to wear his shoes, and that is the reason for the sudden popularity.

That’s so tough for me to imagine cause the Kobe Line since the switch to lows has probably been the the best sig Line

I never played in the 1-3 but the 4,5 were good the 6 was great the 7 was trash, 8 was good the 9 for me it is the GOAT basketball shoe the elite lows and I’ve never had traction that came close to that either, and the 10 and 11 were decent but I can’t see Nike having to force his shoes on players that’s crazy

That’s so tough for me to imagine cause the Kobe Line since the switch to lows has probably been the the best sig Line

I never played in the 1-3 but the 4,5 were good the 6 was great the 7 was trash, 8 was good the 9 for me it is the GOAT basketball shoe the elite lows and I’ve never had traction that came close to that either, and the 10 and 11 were decent but I can’t see Nike having to force his shoes on players that’s crazy
4-5-6 were best of the line by far

8s while everyone loves, the short time I spent with them I did not like

I might buy every colorway of the Vs, However if Nike fix the traction of the Kobe VIs I will sell every pair of Kobe Vs that I own. The Vs were better on the court but the VIs are the best Kobe’s off the court. I still cut grass in my pair that has zero traction😂

I might buy every colorway of the Vs, However if Nike fix the traction of the Kobe VIs I will sell every pair of Kobe Vs that I own. The Vs were better on the court but the VIs are the best Kobe’s off the court. I still cut grass in my pair that has zero traction😂

My Chaos 6s held up pretty well for 8 years of frequent casual use. My favorite pair out of all the Kobe's I have. I'll be all over those if they get the Protro treatment.

Back
Top Bottom