Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Question guys.... I wanted a pair 5s to hoop in and was aiming for the Derozens. Didnt want to pay a certain amount being I new I was gonna hoop in them. A listing for the 5 rings just went up and it is sparking my interest. If I get it to a favorable price... should I just do that. I already have a lakers themed 8 ID pair and I have the yellow nxt 360s. I guess I'll also retire my lakers PDFs.

F3526FD8-553A-4752-BEBF-9B9C8DFFA763.jpeg

D757A588-E326-4A8C-AB3C-2B80DD1F1103.jpeg
1256A15C-D188-4698-AD59-2AED245A5749.jpeg

legit check please!
I appreciate it fellas 👍🏼

bruce lee 5s never came with red laces. og or protro. back in the day everyone bought the red lace up save lives charity laces from nike as the red laces. I kept the red laces from my kobe 5 china and put em in my BLs. those worked perfectly since they had gold/yellow tips

Oh yeah I remembervthose lace up save lives laces! Man, time flies.

Bruce Lees. Over $400 all in on Stockx now.
This exactly what i was worried about (also the local market is drying up on BLs very fast) and i quickly pulled the trigger to grab the 2nd pair for $300 locally.. If i acted quickly and grab my 2nd pair a week earlier it would've been between $260-$280 locally..

Question guys.... I wanted a pair 5s to hoop in and was aiming for the Derozens. Didnt want to pay a certain amount being I new I was gonna hoop in them. A listing for the 5 rings just went up and it is sparking my interest. If I get it to a favorable price... should I just do that. I already have a lakers themed 8 ID pair and I have the yellow nxt 360s. I guess I'll also retire my lakers PDFs.
In my size 5 rings price is close to retail.. which makes it the cheapest Vs in the current market.. I'm looking to pick up a pair soon with a local seller and will hoop in them protros hopefully when gyms open up here in LA.. and see how well they stack up against my GOAT VIIIs.. Back in the days, I strictly hoop in OGs purple inks outdoors and bought like 3 pairs priced at $99 each..

This exactly what i was worried about (also the local market is drying up on BLs very fast) and i quickly pulled the trigger to grab the 2nd pair for $300 locally.. If i acted quickly and grab my 2nd pair a week earlier it would've been between $260-$280 locally..

In my size 5 rings price is close to retail.. which makes it the cheapest Vs in the current market.. I'm looking to pick up a pair soon with a local seller and will hoop in them protros hopefully when gyms open up here in LA.. and see how well they stack up against my GOAT VIIIs.. Back in the days, I strictly hoop in OGs purple inks outdoors and bought like 3 pairs priced at $99 each..
Yea 5 rings def the cheaper ones in the resell market out of all of them. There was some noise earlier that some of peoples pairs were bad quality and had issues as far as separation and all.

Yea I actually doubled up on the BLs yesterday for 290. I'm sz 11.5. I could've saved myself 40 bucks if I got them the same day I got my first pair which I got for 240 locally but I was tryna get the ALTs. Def appreciative of the seller I found and got it from and them not being a "resller" being as stated earlier they shot up in price.

Personally $240 for BLs is a very good deal.. In my size the lowest i’ve seen them locally is at $250 (from 2 resellers) but were sold very fast. Then a week after that prices starting to rise up on BLs..

Personally $240 for BLs is a very good deal.. In my size the lowest i’ve seen them locally is at $250 (from 2 resellers) but were sold very fast. Then a week after that prices starting to rise up on BLs..
Yea I got them at the 240 a week after they released

Just copped the Kobe V protro lakers for $310 before taxes/fees/shipping in a sz 10. The lowest that I’ve seen was $300 but I didn’t want to risk them going up so I had to get them. **** the resellers

While that is a decent price you copped at, you can't say F the resellers and then turnaround and put money in their pocket by copping for resale.

Last edited:
Looking to get the big stages/parades and bruce Lee I think my run of Kobe V is over. Have the chaos, undftd pack, 5 rings, alternate BL and now 5x champs

805D07C1-9B33-4D3A-999B-DBB822DAC0D2.jpeg

Thanks for the reply 🔥
Can I get a legit check?

Unfortunately for the Demars it is really hard to tell... I don't have the replicas or the authentics. I am not associated to the site or the seller but for reference here are some replica pics. Besides the white tag that all replicas come with, its hard to tell from my eyes.

Sharing the link just for reference of how some of the replicas are looking. And yes some of them actually look pretty good.....

Looking to get the big stages/parades and bruce Lee I think my run of Kobe V is over. Have the chaos, undftd pack, 5 rings, alternate BL and now 5x champs
If my 5 rings deal i'm working on doesn't fall thru this week then i'm done with Vs and will move on to VIs - i'm only copping +$50 max over retail on rumored del sols and chaos pairs.. hopefully i can stick with that plan :lol:

If my 5 rings deal i'm working on doesn't fall thru this week then i'm done with Vs and will move on to VIs - i'm only copping +$50 max over retail on rumored del sols and chaos pairs.. hopefully i can stick with that plan :lol:
Same boat man.... aiming for the del sols and Kay Yows... at most 50 over... for hooping purposes

Unfortunately for the Demars it is really hard to tell... I don't have the replicas or the authentics. I am not associated to the site or the seller but for reference here are some replica pics. Besides the white tag that all replicas come with, its hard to tell from my eyes.

Sharing the link just for reference of how some of the replicas are looking. And yes some of them actually look pretty good.....

Thanks for sharing the link of the FAKES (can we stop calling them replicas/unauthorized/gray market?). They are getting pretty dang close but I can spot a few differences. I won't list them here just in case they're reading this. I know they're always looking for feedback on what to improve upon and I'm not gonna help them. They have the traction and box label down pretty damn good though :smh:

D7FC9FD9-E92B-4DD1-98B1-69147663B94A.jpeg
5C05ECB1-BA2F-47A7-A070-5E6AB7F25A54.jpeg
3217F46A-9667-4FB8-83C4-CC83550FD2C5.jpeg

Thanks for the reply 🔥
Can I get a legit check?
IMO, I think these are legit. I don't have a pair but I have BLs, Alts, Chaos, 5 Rings and EYBLS.

Thanks for sharing the link of the FAKES (can we stop calling them replicas/unauthorized/gray market?). They are getting pretty dang close but I can spot a few differences. I won't list them here just in case they're reading this. I know they're always looking for feedback on what to improve upon and I'm not gonna help them. They have the traction and box label down pretty damn good though :smh:

IMO, I think these are legit. I don't have a pair but I have BLs, Alts, Chaos, 5 Rings and EYBLS.
Yup these look legit to me. Definitely agree that fakes are getting way too good now. If I don't cop within the first 1-2 weeks of release, I might just have to move on to the next release. Still want PJs and Chaos Alts, but probably best to pass since price is way too crazy and I'm not trying to get finessed with fakes for that much money.

PXL_20210111_223904506.PORTRAIT.jpg

Pair from GOAT came in... now gotta work on getting the Grinch 6.

I'm sure I can speak for many that we're none to happy about obtaining these via the aftermarket but it is what it is. However, a small positive is that this and Grinch 6 is forcing me to get rid of other pairs/multiples that I have.

Hopefully when these retro again in another 5-10 years it'll be an easier cop...

I wish i can still play ball in them by then.. I'm in my late 30s and been hoopin forever now and i don't think my knees will hold up another 5-10 yrs.. I need to play in some of protros now.. when gyms opens up :lol:

I'm already past the "ball" stage :lol: its more show up to catch up with friends and realize how washed I am both on and off the court

Back
Top Bottom