Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Personally, no way in hell I was or am ever wearing bright yellow shoes so the BL’s never mattered to me :lol: It’s always been Chaos, then everything else trailing behind. Inks and PoPs are really the only other colorways I’ve missed having back in my closet. Dark Knights are cool but they never popped to me in real life like I thought they would. If they come back I’ll probably grab a pair, though.
You crazy, Dark Knight's are so nice even my mother is mad I don't have them anymore. To this day she mentions those shoes.

I don't care what else releases after Chaos these are grails
prt_310x310_1414299187.jpg

Here we go again.
:lol: You got that right LOL. Have always planned to at least triple on these. My favorite Kobe of all time, and one of my favorite shoes of all time. I had FIVE pairs when they dropped originally. Ran three into the ground and just sold my last two DS pair earlier this year in anticipation of this retro. So if I look at it like that, my first two pairs of these will be "free."

You crazy, Dark Knight's are so nice even my mother is mad I don't have them anymore. To this day she mentions those shoes.
I know, the DKs are big time. They just never lit my hair on fire, I can't explain why. BUT I DO have a pair of the DK-matching Kobe V sweatpants in black with DK-blue side panels. They're basically brand new from back then. ****, that reminds me: I also still have the Chaos-matching Kobe V shorts new with tags in a drawer, and I also have a corresponding sweatpant that is just like the shorts and DK pants but in Chaos colorway. They never released for some reason; I randomly found someone selling them new with tags on the Bay back then from a Nike sample sale. They are still basically new as well, only ever wore them a few times. I'm about to have the full ZK V retro action going on over Christmas. I can already see the response my girlfriend is going to have when I come home from the store on the 26th with the shoes, disappear into the bedroom, then reappear wearing them along with matching pants. She's gonna say, you really needed to buy the pants, too? When I explain that no, I've basically been sitting on these pants for 10 years waiting for this day, the eye-rolling and incredulousness will be off the chart :rofl:

Last edited:
from what I recall, the V's felt lower cut in the ankle than the IVs. sleeker and fit more narrow as well. I preferred the fit of the IVs as a wide footer. the zoom in the forefoot was a plus though.

only liked the mangos out of the 6s. they were probably the most wide foot friendly of the Kobe line. also had a really long break-in time from what I recall, but were really nice afterwards.

And as far as Bruce Lee's go, it looked best on the 11s to me. Shame the performance was terrible in those for me - felt like playing on ice skates when playing indoors.

I personally like the 6 over the 5 but I'm going to cop nonetheless I'm just glad I didn't pay resale.

gphw3qmrpimk2uxh5gzd.jpg
Didn't love the 6s personally. Fire looking tho.
I had three pairs of the Chaos 6. Wore one, sold the other two DS finally. Still have my black/del sols and a pair of Chinas, though the Chinas are half size too small so I don't really wear them anymore. I've also got a pair of Grinches that I've probably only worn five or six times actually on Christmas LOL. I sort of regret selling at least one pair of the Chaos, but also not. The problem with the 6 for me is, they look cool in photos but in real life I always felt silly wearing them casually. Normally I don't even care about that type of thing if I like a shoe, but a plastic snake-scale sneaker ... it just always seemed cheap-looking to me and a bit childish, I dunno. Never thought I'd say it but I think I'm going to take my Grinches to my local consignment shop after Thanksgiving.

I had traction issues with the 11s as well.

think he is talking about the traction on the BL 11s

I heard from numerous peeps, that the traction was awful on that specific cw

The traction was great fir the 11s and that FLZ for IDs was amazing

Back
Top Bottom