Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Somerset?
I don’t live there anymore but man, Michigan barely used to get Kobes. No one had the Chaos back in ‘09. I remember being so bummed. Had to get all my pairs from eBay, other than my NDC pair and a pair a friend who lived in LA bought me locally at the time. Used to infuriate me.

I don’t live there anymore but man, Michigan barely used to get Kobes. No one had the Chaos back in ‘09. I remember being so bummed. Had to get all my pairs from eBay, other than my NDC pair and a pair a friend who lived in LA bought me locally at the time. Used to infuriate me.
Well for this release a few random far away got em, closest one that I even frequent I saw this morning was Somerset. I live near lakeside mall which didn’t get these

was planning to hit Somerset today for some other stuff, woulda been tempted to grab another

I had an og del sol pair that are destroyed due to playing outside with them after years went by but still feel plush. I remember when I first got them and trying them on that night.. felt like I was walking on the moon no cap. those were sz 12... today I only lucky to get 11:5 from FTL. SNKRS kept saying my card details were wrong or some dumb crap smh

thanks for the review. you gave me some reassurance. I copped mine TTS, glad to hear the length isn't short (my main concern).
You're good with your TTS. There's still a little bit of space (width of your pinky nail) in front of my toes (was wearing thinner running socks) and I'm a true 11.5 on the Brannock Device. When I said cramped, I meant a little narrow since the toe box kind of comes to a slight point. I think most people who copped a half size up did it because of the toe box being narrow, not because of length.

Well for this release a few random far away got em, closest one that I even frequent I saw this morning was Somerset. I live near lakeside mall which didn’t get these

was planning to hit Somerset today for some other stuff, woulda been tempted to grab another
Somerset was my local mall. But before they redid the Footlocker a few years back and put in the HoH, it hardly ever got **** LOL

I have no reason to defend Nike (nor do I want to after the Kobe IV protro BS), but if you read the text, it doesn't lie... "similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit in the heel (meaning the original)." If there would have been heel zoom, they wouldn't have passed up putting that in the official deconstructed image. Still... confusing tech specs.

Looking forward to playing in these despite the shape being off
You've got it wrong. The text about the heel zoom doesn't say that at all. It states there is heel zoom, go back and read it slowly. You're assuming Nike wanted to show all of the tech in the shoe, which they did not. You're also assuming they want to cover their asses for the FLZ Kobe 4 fiasco and you're giving them too much credit. They don't care that they were wrong in the past. The guys writing the marketing materials probably don't even know about the FLZ fiasco. We're sneaker heads, they're just people who work for a shoe company because they're good at what they do, not because they like sneakers (although they absolutely can be sneaker heads). They were only showing the new or upgraded tech. Why didn't they show or say anything about the flywire? The heel cup? The outrigger? The carbon fiber shank plate?

Anyway, I'll wait for the shoe dissectors to prove if there's heel zoom but everything that Nike has put out so far says there is heel zoom.

You've got it wrong. The text about the heel zoom doesn't say that at all. It states there is heel zoom, go back and read it slowly. You're assuming Nike wanted to show all of the tech in the shoe, which they did not. You're also assuming they want to cover their asses for the FLZ Kobe 4 fiasco and you're giving them too much credit. They don't care that they were wrong in the past. The guys writing the marketing materials probably don't even know about the FLZ fiasco. We're sneaker heads, they're just people who work for a shoe company because they're good at what they do, not because they like sneakers (although they absolutely can be sneaker heads). They were only showing the new or upgraded tech. Why didn't they show or say anything about the flywire? The heel cup? The outrigger? The carbon fiber shank plate?

Anyway, I'll wait for the shoe dissectors to prove if there's heel zoom but everything that Nike has put out so far says there is heel zoom.
Pretty sure they removed the heel zoom, inserted a bigger Forefoot zoom bag

and went to a better foam in the heel I guess to perform better than zoom itself would have?

didn’t someone this morning post a Chinese video showing NOheel zoom

Pretty sure they removed the heel zoom, inserted a bigger Forefoot zoom bag

yeah I’ve only tried my pair on so far but the heel didn’t feel like there was any zoom in there, but the foam they used in the heel felt soft.

Being right about this is not at all important to me, but I respectfully disagree. And there is no way I'm giving them too much credit :lol: Trust me, I don't want to give them any...

Why would they say (reading it slowly) "Softer foam in the midsole helps deliver more energy return & similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit in the heel." What they are saying there is that the softer foam they used gives you a similar feel to zoom air in the heel. If there was zoom air in the heel, they wouldn't need to call out that the foam gives you more energy return & similar responsiveness to heel zoom! I'm telling you... in an annoying Nike-like way, this tech spec is telling you that it's just better foam in the heel giving you a similar feel to what the original V's heel zoom gave you. Please tell me someone else interprets it this way too...

1578094231448.png

Last edited:
Being right about this is not at all important to me, but I respectfully disagree. And there is no way I'm giving them too much credit :lol: Trust me, I don't want to give them any...

Why would they say (reading it slowly) "Softer foam in the midsole helps deliver more energy return & similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit in the heel." What they are saying there is that the softer foam they used gives you a similar feel to zoom air in the heel. If there was zoom air in the heel, they wouldn't need to call out that the foam gives you more energy return & similar responsiveness to heel zoom! I'm telling you... in an annoying Nike-like way, this tech spec is telling you that it's just better foam in the heel giving you a similar feel. Please tell me someone else interprets it this way too...

1578094231448.png

to be completely honest with you after the fiasco with the 4’s in light of how INCREDIBLE the 4’s perform WITHOUT forefoot zoom,I don’t care if there is heel zoom in the 5’s.

I agree with you though, you’re definitely not alone in your interpretation.

Does heel zoom cost more than the foam they used? Or is nike honest in making a better shoe with foam > heel zoom

Oh motherblanker! I see that option on the Nike app now. Those pieces of ...
So both stores lied to me. If the app is for real. That’s ridiculous. Oh well. But SMFH. Guess I should’ve called them again last night. Now I’m even more pissed LOL
The Grove doesn't have them. Used the app and got an email saying the reservation has been cancelled

I'm just speculating but the heel to toe offset with zoom turbo seems to be a lot lower than shoes with forefoot and heel or just heel zoom. Maybe they're pushing for more of a midfoot strike so you can feel the zoom turbo more. Not a podiatrist lol. Naruto Naruto

I just don’t understand why Nike does Friday releases. Local HOH sold out of most sizes by the time I got off work smh

I still have my Lakers always and tried to put them on and boy were they tight :lol: saw the chaos at AZ Mills and they look a lot narrower to me. I think I’m gonna wait but I’m not at all interested in paying 180 for shoes that will be mad uncomfortable. May just focus on the IVs instead.
I do wonder what we’ll get for All-Star weekend.

Back
Top Bottom