Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I get every **** hoop shoe, over slept on nike, went to HOH late because of a game I had to coach. Basketball gods paying me back now missing these.

I got my pair in yesterday. With all the back and forth in regards to sizing was nervous about the fit. I went TTS, upon trying them on was pleasantly relieved. It is slightly snug but I plan on balling in mine so it's fine. Plus the upper material seems to be quite soft/flexible so I'm sure after a few good runs it'll mold to my feet.

I'm actually liking the fit of the V's vs the IV. To me, the IV's feel just a little more snug and I get some minor pinky pinching compared to the V's. Materials on the IV are a little tougher so I'm wondering if they will break in nicely like on the IV. Happy to own both pairs for comparison but if I had to choose I'd go with the V.

Man these are so tight in the foot

look amazing in person

Still got 10.5 in cart on FTL but can’t check out

happy for yall that ate
this is one of my grails and I missed out on a sz 11.5.
**** is depressing

dope *** shoe for real

B60FA32E-0B4D-4092-B205-EA58015B381A.jpeg

back when I used to hoop like almost 5 days a week lol luckily my brother gave me his pair so I still got the Inks

So just to check opinion: is the Protro V is same length but narrower than same size in the OG V?

Are those that had OGs for balling buying the same size in Protro?

Last edited:
So just to confirm that the Protro V is same length but narrower than same size in the OG V.

Are those that had OGs for balling buying the same size in Protro?
My experience has been strange.
The OG V felt great in Men's size 10. I hooped in Kobe OG 6 and 8 as well in Men's size 10.

With the Protro V, it seems a tad long. The 9.5 fits better length wise but fits slightly narrow.

2 hours practice, felt great! The snug fit is perfect (except for some minor pinching on the right 4th toe, I hope that goes away as it breaks in). Cushlon felt really good, though it masks the zoom turbo for now. And they look crazy in person 👀

I can't recall what size I had in the OG Vs, but I went up a half size (i.e., 10.5, also did the same for the Undefeated Protro 4s). I played in them this morning and man, they're tight! I don't consider myself to have wide feet, but I'm seriously curious how a size 11 or going up a full size in these feel. I had a size 11 on FTL at one point yesterday but never pulled the trigger; not sure I could actually check out however.

I’m really happy they protro’ed these but I have to say I prefer the darker swoosh. Usually I like the brighter colors but I feel like it worked better on the og. Not a huge deal. I am surprised that nobody else is disappointed that they went with a plain smooth upper over the og reptile print. I would have liked the shape to have been the same they way they did the protro 1’s and 4’s. People are always so particular if a Jordan shoe isn’t just like the og so I have the same standard for these.

I’m really happy they protro’ed these but I have to say I prefer the darker swoosh. Usually I like the brighter colors but I feel like it worked better on the og. Not a huge deal. I am surprised that nobody else is disappointed that they went with a plain smooth upper over the og reptile print. I would have liked the shape to have been the same they way they did the protro 1’s and 4’s. People are always so particular if a Jordan shoe isn’t just like the og so I have the same standard for these.
They have the mamba print, whatchu mean?
20200108_155917.jpg

on foot they seem, to be perfect shape

its kind of odd, when you see all the pictures on foot they look OG

when they aren't, they look a little different

on foot they seem, to be perfect shape

its kind of odd, when you see all the pictures on foot they look OG

when they aren't, they look a little different
I said it once before ... for once, I actually prefer these to the OGs. The shape looks better, if anything. I also pretty much prefer the other tiny little changes they made; overall I just think the shoe looks better, but either way it's all super minor. You are totally correct, though, with your retro Jordan analogy. But usually the changes Jordan makes are for the worse, almost exclusively :lol:
Also, perhaps for me, anyway, the entire concept of "Protro" from the jump has been to upgrade/improve/change the shoes. I realize a lot of people don't find some of them--IVs in particular--to be an upgrade, or like all of the changes, but my point is, we knew/know right out of the gate we aren't going to get an exact retro of the OGs by Nike's very definition of "Protro." I dunno, I guess as a result I just find that I accept it way more willingly with the Kobes because my expectations were set appropriately from the outset. We get pissed off at Jordan for feeding us BS stories about "remastered" and "OG form" yet still often delivering a retro that is obviously off from the OGs. The Chaos V is way closer to the OG pair than, for example, the black/red 11 retro ...

Got my pair in today in my normal size 11 which is what I normally buy in Say Jordan 1. I don’t have wide feet and so they fit snug width wise. Length wise I think there is plenty room up front. Really like the padding around the anke collar. Love the color scheme on the chaos. This is my first go with the Kobe 5 but am very pleased out the box overall. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom