Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I checked stockx sales. There are some 13.5 sales in the Chaos protro. It looks like they made NO 13.5s for the rest. Except 5 rings- there are a few. I guess that’s more evidence that production was higher on 5 rings.
Thanks, yeah. Saw goat had none listed.. if consensus is they stretch after worn/sweat they could be okay. I didn’t exactly have Nike elite type socks on either though when I tried on casually and wore for 20 minutes

Why are the 5 rings protros price so low? Looking at StockX and I can purchase for $235 and with shipping and fees comes out to $256.

Weird question. I have OG dark knights and the heel section of the sole rubber has “dried out” so it’s hard and won’t grip on hard wood. Has this happened to anyone else’s OGs and any way to fix ie using conditioner/chemicals...? Just asking otherwise I guess I’ll just keep them on the shelf for old times sake.

Why does it even matter that the prices are so low? If they're low, buy it now before prices go up. Only reason you should be concerned about low prices is if you only bought to resell and if that's case please exit this thread
Bro I’m a Kobe fan. I ain’t trying to resell. Just surprised me that they aren’t going for $400 like most of the other ones

it definitely makes you wonder going forward tho. Like if they actually increased the production on the 5 Rings, maybe the future cws like Bruce Lees and the Protro 6's will have upped production and people will be more hesitant to pay high resale prices right out the gate which in return will cause a drop in resale prices as sellers undercut each other. And then we can all cop at near retail even if we strikeout on release day.

:evil:
wishful thinking tho, but thats the positive side I see in the 5 Rings lower than usual prices

Weird question. I have OG dark knights and the heel section of the sole rubber has “dried out” so it’s hard and won’t grip on hard wood. Has this happened to anyone else’s OGs and any way to fix ie using conditioner/chemicals...? Just asking otherwise I guess I’ll just keep them on the shelf for old times sake.
I had a pair of OG 4's that did the same. Guess they sat in the trunk of my car during too many summers. There was no fixing them, at that point the rubber has just changed.

Why are the 5 rings protros price so low? Looking at StockX and I can purchase for $235 and with shipping and fees comes out to $256.

I believe also, purple and gold isn’t exactly something you wear everyday unless you live in Los Angeles. That’s why they didn’t give us a variety of GR Lakers colorways after the VI. Instead, Nike steered the masses towards Nike ID.

Why does it even matter that the prices are so low? If they're low, buy it now before prices go up. Only reason you should be concerned about low prices is if you only bought to resell and if that's case please exit this thread

thank you.

it definitely makes you wonder going forward tho. Like if they actually increased the production on the 5 Rings, maybe the future cws like Bruce Lees and the Protro 6's will have upped production and people will be more hesitant to pay high resale prices right out the gate which in return will cause a drop in resale prices as sellers undercut each other. And then we can all cop at near retail even if we strikeout on release day.

:evil:
wishful thinking tho, but thats the positive side I see in the 5 Rings lower than usual prices

that’s not a way to go either., because in my city where Kobe kicks never moved like that really that ever since the first signature. I tend to double up on things that I love and Kobe kicks is something that I love since 00:01.

And speaking of....

I couldn’t resist. May shoot for a 3rd pair of price continue to plummet.

them 5x champs colorway need to come back down to earth. Prices for those are disrespectful.

92CCE037-D85B-45B7-829B-CF343C304291.jpeg
3CA31BE9-CBA0-480C-9DF0-A8B2D07BD60C.jpeg

Last edited:
If I have to depend on SNKRS for those, I won’t even bother. Caught another L on the Off White V’s earlier.

If I have to depend on SNKRS for those, I won’t even bother. Caught another L on the Off White V’s earlier.

my sentiments exactly. I’ll throw in a half hearted attempt For the hell of it but I’ll just look out for them on the usual resale market apps. I won’t pay more than $300-$350 though so I will likely just be moving on to the next L

If you’re hooping you don’t notice the snugness but casual you do.I’ve hopped in my chaos’ and don’t mind the snugness then but casual i definitely notice it. I wish nike would make more 12.5’s
Yeah, these fit like the OG and it's the only Kobe model that I had to go up a 1/2 size. I'm a 12 in every other Kobe model and 99% of my other pairs.

Same thing for my dark knights... I have a couple pair of OG chaos and the draft days and the rubber has seemed to stay soft... maybe something in the color/dye??

Same thing for my dark knights... I have a couple pair of OG chaos and the draft days and the rubber has seemed to stay soft... maybe something in the color/dye??

Haha same, I have OG chaos and they're fine. Must be a Dark Knight thing. Same because IMO they're a top 3 CW after Chaos and OG Bigstages

Back
Top Bottom