Nike Zoom Kobe V

^^^ LOL jhenor29 they do look like they are made of clay lol they might be fake or samples but im pretty sure the release versions will look way better, but ikind of like the way they looke better than the ones kobe was wearing because im kind of sick of the way flywire looks and the plastic is not the most comfy.they dont breathe well either...i just hope for the V they use REAL LEATHER LIKE LEBRONS and not that synthetic mess, im pretty sure real leather wont way thatmuch more than the fake stuff. But either way i like the shoe.
smile.gif

When you can find those exact pics, plus more unseen views and angles, on website that's selling them for $60USD and is known for selling fakes...you knowthey're fake.

Mechanically, they seem to be an improvement from IV's (sans flywire, i like fw).

Full zoom, 2k4 traits, the fore-end seems sturdy as a mofo... conceptually on point.

But the aesthetics is... well, may have to grow on me.

One thing is for sure, the initial reaction wasn't like when i first saw the IV's.

More money being allocated for jordans. And that's okay for me.

watch out for the special color-way kobe will be rocking on christmas against lebron!!!!

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

^ These look pretty legit. And I have to say, I like them, more than the 4s. And I love low shoes, so I'm already biased, but here are things I'm digging:

No Flywire is a-okay for me. It's more a gimmick anyway, and the plastic they have to put behind the wire doesn't breathe or stretch or fit right. I'd much rather have some leather or synthetic holding the shoe up.

These also look more substantial than the 4. Not bulkier, but wider in the forefoot. More agressive styling, including 2k4 toecaps.

ZOOM ON BOTH ENDS... enough said. No bottoming out, means I can actually wear a pair for ball and not worry that my 120 is done in a few hours

Also, maybe I'm alone here, but I'll say it. The AZK1 is my all time favorite performance basketball shoe ever. Period. And these REALLY remind me of those joints. Something about the simple nature of the pattern and the subtle performance bits you can see (the outrigger, heel cup, etc.), plus the lack of flywire and the back-to-zoom setup...

plus

CARBON FIBER!!!!!!

in the footbed (it's there, check the pictures above) makes me think these will be performance MONSTERS. Like the AZK1, but lighter and a low top.

Soon as I can order a pair, they're copped. Not for my closet or any crap like that, because if these perform anywhere close to what I think they will, I'm making them my whole rotation.
Those are MAD FAKE!!! I can't believe KIXANDTHECITY think they are real. The Real ones will have full-length Zoom-Air and FLYWIRE. We aregonna have to wait 2 weeks into december to see the final product in detail sad to say. same as last year

The pictures that are provided by kixandthecity.com are fake. End the debate now. I can assure you they are fake. Just let me know if there is any flywire atall in those shoes pictured? The authentic Kobe V will have a mostly flywire upper.

Whats this talk about ZKV's having full-length zoom? I thought it was only forefoot/heel?

THEY'RE FAKE. there's no flywire.....that's obvious. it's fake.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

The pictures that are provided by kixandthecity.com are fake. End the debate now. I can assure you they are fake. Just let me know if there is any flywire at all in those shoes pictured? The authentic Kobe V will have a mostly flywire upper.
BAM!

The Zoom Kobe V will have heel and forefoot zoom air with a seamless flywire upper FOR SURE.

These:

ARE NOT

These:
10rlngp.jpg

No doubt fake! Look at those cheap laces and the cheap upper mouldings being gluesticked on to the upper! They look cheap overall especially in the upclosepics.
I don't think the actual release version will use any leather across the toecap and the vamp.

But it gives us an idea what the shoe will be similar to.

I've never worn the IVs but I know this shoe is comfortable. It's not the best looking shoe. It's all synthetic and there is Flywire all in there.Its lunar foam and zoom at the heel. Super low to the ground and lot of court feel. It just about all one piece upper. The color you see on there are justoverlays...I don't know how to describe it... like glued on to the shoe. I think there were saying the IVs were like the lightest ever. This has to havethat weight beat easily.

Originally Posted by STORM RYDER

The Zoom Kobe V will have heel and forefoot zoom air with a seamless flywire upper FOR SURE.

These:

ARE NOT

These:
10rlngp.jpg

No doubt fake! Look at those cheap laces and the cheap upper mouldings being gluesticked on to the upper! They look cheap overall especially in the upclose pics.
I don't think the actual release version will use any leather across the toecap and the vamp.

First of all, you can't have a seamless flywire upper. It doesn't make any sense. Flywire is a bunch of little strings Nike usually attaches to someplastic, and even if implemented correctly, you need a different material (like leather or synthetic or whatever) for pretty much every part of the shoe not ona small portion of the sides. You can't have flywire on the toe or the heel, for example. Hell, look at the shoe on Kobe's foot. You can't actuallysee any flywire for sure. And even if that's some on the sides, the toe and midfoot aren't flywire at all.

Anyway, dudes are running in here yelling FAKE like it gets them paid. Cool down. Some points for you folk to consider:

1. These leaked pics don't look like top quality, GR shoes to me, either. But that doesn't mean they aren't legit Nike samples. To me, given the 2k4 design influences, the performance design cues and the various materials and colors they put out, these look like serious SAMPLES Nike made.
  2. The Kobe on his foot is... um, how do I break this to you?... pretty much the exact same shoe as below. Look at it, get past the flashy patent leather. Same outrigger. Check. Same forefoot design. Check. Same color blocking of the upper. Check. Same EXACT shape. If you follow my logic, doesn't it make sense that Kobe is rocking a production level quality one and the shoe on the bottom is a SAMPLE leading up to that final design?
  3. Everyone yelling flywire... shut up. Seriously, shut up. I'm tired of it. Unless you have a picture of them on your feet while Kobe is lacing them for you, giving a thumbs up, then I don't believe you. Period. You know why? Because things change. Everyone on here knows well enough how many times samples change and elements of the shoe get reconsidered. (Hell, last year Bron got a completely different shoe a few weeks away from release) Kobe is a fan of light and minimalistic, true. That doesn't mean his shoes have to have flywire. Maybe they did and it didn't work so they retooled it. Hell, they might even have flywire when they release. But the samples not having flywire? Doesn't mean a damn thing.
  4. You know why? Think of it from a production angle. Flywire is tricky to execute. So if you're creating some early stage samples, looking at shape and fit and stuff like that, doesn't it make sense just to throw some synthetic leather on there? That way the shoe looks the same and you can work out colorways and other design issues, but you don't have to deal with flywire. It's the same reason the colors are sloppy, the glue job is terrible, etc. - because it's a sample. Those aesthetic things aren't the main concern at this stage of development
No one knows anything until they drop. But be reasonable and intelligent about it. Don't come here and yell FAKE and point out something you heard ona shoe board as the gospel.

I'll take the rings and performance oriented shoes that are made for playing ball and winning rings

Anyway, dudes are running in here yelling FAKE like it gets them paid. Cool down. Some points for you folk to consider:

1. These leaked pics don't look like top quality, GR shoes to me, either. But that doesn't mean they aren't legit Nike samples. To me, given the 2k4 design influences, the performance design cues and the various materials and colors they put out, these look like serious SAMPLES Nike made.
  2. The Kobe on his foot is... um, how do I break this to you?... pretty much the exact same shoe as below. Look at it, get past the flashy patent leather. Same outrigger. Check. Same forefoot design. Check. Same color blocking of the upper. Check. Same EXACT shape. If you follow my logic, doesn't it make sense that Kobe is rocking a production level quality one and the shoe on the bottom is a SAMPLE leading up to that final design?
  3. Everyone yelling flywire... shut up. Seriously, shut up. I'm tired of it. Unless you have a picture of them on your feet while Kobe is lacing them for you, giving a thumbs up, then I don't believe you. Period. You know why? Because things change. Everyone on here knows well enough how many times samples change and elements of the shoe get reconsidered. (Hell, last year Bron got a completely different shoe a few weeks away from release) Kobe is a fan of light and minimalistic, true. That doesn't mean his shoes have to have flywire. Maybe they did and it didn't work so they retooled it. Hell, they might even have flywire when they release. But the samples not having flywire? Doesn't mean a damn thing.
  4. You know why? Think of it from a production angle. Flywire is tricky to execute. So if you're creating some early stage samples, looking at shape and fit and stuff like that, doesn't it make sense just to throw some synthetic leather on there? That way the shoe looks the same and you can work out colorways and other design issues, but you don't have to deal with flywire. It's the same reason the colors are sloppy, the glue job is terrible, etc. - because it's a sample. Those aesthetic things aren't the main concern at this stage of development
No one knows anything until they drop. But be reasonable and intelligent about it. Don't come here and yell FAKE and point out something you heard on a shoe board as the gospel.
eyes.gif
they're fake....

if not, feel free to buy all these Papier-mâché looking "samples" for $56 each....

200982716534734579.jpg

200982716534753441.jpg

200982716534770148.jpg

200982716534754403.jpg

200982716534767469.jpg

Originally Posted by STORM RYDER

These:

ARE NOT

These:
10rlngp.jpg

No doubt fake! Look at those cheap laces and the cheap upper mouldings being gluesticked on to the upper! They look cheap overall especially in the upclose pics.

First of all, you can't have a seamless flywire upper. It doesn't make any sense. Flywire is a bunch of little strings Nike usually attaches to some plastic, and even if implemented correctly, you need a different material (like leather or synthetic or whatever) for pretty much every part of the shoe not on a small portion of the sides. You can't have flywire on the toe or the heel, for example. Hell, look at the shoe on Kobe's foot. You can't actually see any flywire for sure. And even if that's some on the sides, the toe and midfoot aren't flywire at all.

No one knows anything until they drop. But be reasonable and intelligent about it. Don't come here and yell FAKE and point out something you heard on a shoe board as the gospel.
Chill. Why you getting all worked up, dude? You're right though, nobody knows for sure until they drop. So they could be samples or fakes.Who knows?

All I'm saying is if those play doh looking shoes up there are samples then why is it that these very early samples look like they have better quality?
75635564e7484ce3b7bd8afd128e02607d8e6f2.jpg

As for seamless flywire upper not making any sense. What do you make of this?
47d2519ee44dbbc88a21388e1b38214623200d8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom