Nike ZOOM KOBE VIII Design Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a thicker tongue. The tongue on the VIIs is too thin and you could only tie them so tight before you could really feel it on the top of your foot. I don't like the inserts, but I don't mind them so long as the tongue stays attached to the shoe and not the insert.

agree with the lower/ lighter direction. maybe more influence from soccer boots like with the 4's. 

I hope the Kobe 8 will be comfy. The Kobe 7 was so uncomfy and hurts my feet after an hour of walking in them. :x

from what i heard they wont have removable inserts like this years model. it will be like a regular shoe with a permanent tongue but will have elastic ankle "braces" included with the shoes like the Melo M4s had.

I think someone posted a Chinese product sheet or something in the older Kobe VIII thread. On it it said "Kobe VIII System". I just assumed it meant it would have interchangeable insoles.

I guess it's too small to really see.

I could do that if the ankle braces were removable.

Last edited:
i assume the 8 will be using more fuse tech rather than flywire base on that pics.

Last edited:
How about they stop promoting the system and make good colorways. The colorways on the 7 were very below par

How about they stop promoting the system and make good colorways. The colorways on the 7 were very below par

because basketball shoes are about what's best performance wise for the shoe, not what you can match with your 20 dollar elite socks and style in the mall in

because basketball shoes are about what's best performance wise for the shoe, not what you can match with your 20 dollar elite socks and style in the mall in

Obviously performance comes first and nike never fails with that. But compared to the 6 the 7 didn't come close to the amount of colorways that sold out quickly. Also, there is a ton of colorways that are still availible and on sale

I'd like to see the use of patent leather again, similar to the Kobe Vs. Those were my favorite of the low top models.

the 5's never had patent leather. the 4's did.

Yeah, I'm in for an improved 6 and I will very happy.

this.. same here.

i don't really care too much about how the shoe looks (to an extent), i just want it to perform like the 6's, or the 5's.

can't make good colourways with the crappy colourblocking. we need something like the zk4/5. i hated the zk6 colourblocking, but the shoe performed out of the water, so it was okay.

yeah, they will be using the "system" moving forward which sucks. but I do hope they KNOW what they're doing
THIS TIME AROUND. c'mon Nike... blisters on my feet ain't cutting it.

Low tops and make it light just like the Vis n VII then im good
bro, kobe already 34 years old (this year turn 34) and he need more protection for his ankle and foot of course it needs more rigid shoes more weight. lighter shoes means less material less protection

The last 2 Kobe's look the same to me and even before that they all have the same "feel" to me, I suspect these are going to look similar to the last few pairs.

bro, kobe already 34 years old (this year turn 34) and he need more protection for his ankle and foot of course it needs more rigid shoes more weight. lighter shoes means less material less protection

With the way they tape their ankles I think they can wear pretty much any cut shoe.

^ thats a great point. Side note how long does it take to break in the 6s cause I got the concords last month at a outlet for 60 and the first day I hooped in them they were horrible. Slipped twice on two curls

He didn't have any ankle problems with the VII's so I doubt they'll make them any heavier.

The IV's were almost a perfect low top from the cushioning, to the stability and the traction. It's just too bad that the Lunar Foam would bottom out.

Wonder if they would incorporate Lunarlon into the next Kobe shoe and make it more like an upgraded Kobe IV? I'm guessing if they do it will be with the system again.

As long as the tongue is stitched onto the shoe this time that's all that really matters.

As I mentioned before people complained about the Jordan 2011's and then JB got it right with the Jordan 2012's. If Nike can do the same with the VIII and get it right this time than I'm all for the system.

Last edited:
Kobe doesn't need more protection cause he's older, thats just ridiculous! I don't care what anyone says, high or mid shoes are no more protective then lows, If you have a wide base with outriggers and a heal counter that locks your foot in place, then it does not matter how high the shoe is!!!!!!!!!! HIGH TOPS OR MIDS DO NOT PREVENT ROLLING YOUR ANKLE ANY BETTER THEN LOWS!!!! its an illusion!!!! If your gonna roll your ankle, its gonna roll no matter what shoe you are in!!! Like I said, if you want a high or mid, buy jordans or lebrons, Kobe is all about lighter and lower!!!

really anxious about this new system... smh.
a few years back we were comfortable and confident
about the performance of the kobe line. Now we fear
for it with the 8s... smfh

:lol: The clue, YOTS isn't much to get excited about if you already knew next year is YOTS haha. We need pics, description details.....

What's retail gonna be, $150? 0]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom