Nike ZOOM KOBE VIII Design Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A combo of the IV and the VI would be just fine for me. Updated of course with the new materials.

2013 is the chinese year of the snake since kobe is the the black mamba i'm
sure nike will do something great.

A combo of the IV and the VI would be just fine for me. Updated of course with the new materials.
We need leather/suede! no to one piece uppers!!! (the 5 was technically a one piece upper but it had overlays which worked out great)

2013 is the chinese year of the snake since kobe is the the black mamba i'm
sure nike will do something great.

Nike needs to do something awesome about the snake theme for sure. I'm stoked to see
what the Year Of The Snake colorway would be! Hopefully mostly black with hits of purple (not concord)
and grey.

Flyknit is designed for running shoes though, it's a minimalist set-up. It wouldn't provide nearly enough support for a basketball shoe.

ya.. maybe there's just some flyknit, not the entire shoe.

either way, i can't wait cause the 7's were way too disappointing.

Have really high expectations for the 8s, hopefully nike gives us something like a kobe 1-esque mid/low. Leather Upper(not one piece) + herringbone traction pattern + low key midsole like the 5 and 6 :smokin :smokin

The VII's are aesthetically one of my favorite basketball shoes I have ever owned. I hope the design is similar on the 8's but I hope the make the middle part of the foot wider.

Since they are doing the system. I wonder if they are going to have the same setup the AJ 2012 did with the midsole/insole combination.
I liked the feel of the ankle cuff on the 7 but if they made it more like that Kobe V sample did, If the sleeve had a tpu monkey paw it would be great for those wanting a little bit more support that don't mind sacrificing some range of motion.

PLAY FAST: heel zoom 10mm forefoot zoom 6mm in a lightweight injected phylon midsole

PLAY STRONG: Full length bottom loaded zoom 8mm housed in cushlon foam.

kobeoverbron: i hope they use leather too. Or that condura mesh like on the V

Last edited:
So you think the Kobe 8 gonna be a mid this time around? Or do u know any info on the shoe?

was bored
2q0lif5.jpg

Im just hoping the VIII delivers a lot more then the VII, I purchased multiple pairs of the V's and VI's but only one VII....Do it right this time Nike give me something, Bruce Lee's, Chaos, Dark Knight, Grinch, OC's..something worth losing sleep over lol

Last edited:
Since they are doing the system.

kobeoverbron: i hope they use leather too. Or that condura mesh like on the V

right on. I'm sick of the upper seriously. give us the 4 layering or at the very least similar
to the 5.

I'm so anxious. these will be bought no matter what though. lol

i respect low tops and have a few pairs of 6's, but how much of a long shot would it be for Kobes to go back to a huarache 2k5 height?

Nice one djc2973!

please nike do the ZK8 justice, no fuse nor hyperdunk material, no backward swoosh and that toe swoosh, and no fuse vents please. Don't want the zk8 to look like a low top version of _______ :smh:

Nice one djc2973!
please nike do the ZK8 justice, no fuse nor hyperdunk material, no backward swoosh and that toe swoosh, and no fuse vents please. Don't want the zk8 to look like a low top version of _______ :smh:

haha with the way next years sig shoes are looking, it seems it'll be going that direction. If done right, i'm down with it.

was bored
2q0lif5.jpg
I like these

But I'm hoping they move away from the silhouette above

Aside from the 6's, which was saved by CW's and Snake Pattern, one of the best shoes of all time IMO, they've basically made the same shoe since the 5 . . .

They need a new silhouette

Something eerily strange going on with no pics of VIII's yet.  I have a feeling Nike is doing something BIG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom