Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

how is the fit on these? 

VERY NARROW on the toe box. ridiculously narrow. OMG they are narrow. esp if you wear some thick socks, it will be way tight. if you skim this thread, most will vouch for it. i suggest going half size up for sure. i wore my white ones which i ordered my TRUE SIZE, in hopes to break in wearing all day.. was not happening.. i had to return em

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

how is the fit on these? 

VERY NARROW on the toe box. ridiculously narrow. OMG they are narrow. esp if you wear some thick socks, it will be way tight. if you skim this thread, most will vouch for it. i suggest going half size up for sure. i wore my white ones which i ordered my TRUE SIZE, in hopes to break in wearing all day.. was not happening.. i had to return em

How does the fit compare to the Foams? People say those are narrow and they are just right to me. So that would be a great way for me to compare.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Seen a guy at my girl sons little league basketball game yesterday wearing a electric blue colorway... His son been balling in the all red rookies... Dude was wearing the royal pair a couple weeks ago... I wanted to ask him but I didn't bother... Is the electric blue colorway even coming out ? The foam material was electric blue ( like foam pro's ) nubuck was black with the clear sole... Didn't look painted to me... Kinda crazy

How is this possible?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Seen a guy at my girl sons little league basketball game yesterday wearing a electric blue colorway... His son been balling in the all red rookies... Dude was wearing the royal pair a couple weeks ago... I wanted to ask him but I didn't bother... Is the electric blue colorway even coming out ? The foam material was electric blue ( like foam pro's ) nubuck was black with the clear sole... Didn't look painted to me... Kinda crazy

No bs..... I didn't want to be taking pics of dude shoes but dude son rock the reds in the kid games... And dude had a electric blue colorway on Saturday , also had the Orlando colorway on a couple weeks ago.... Im 35 years old and ain't really got time to be duck tailing.. Lol..I figured pics would surface sooner or later... Electric blue joints looked good...I couldn't imagine nobody having fakes of these

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Blacks are tempting at full price, but I'll wait a little

Same here... I think we will all benefit from Nike releasing so much other stuff that these will be over looked and discounted..

Just to let you guys know

Eastbay has a FSR of these, no discounts excluded...currently they have a 20% off sale

No bs..... I didn't want to be taking pics of dude shoes but dude son rock the reds in the kid games... And dude had a electric blue colorway on Saturday , also had the Orlando colorway on a couple weeks ago.... Im 35 years old and ain't really got time to be duck tailing.. Lol..I figured pics would surface sooner or later... Electric blue joints looked good...I couldn't imagine nobody having fakes of these

Oh I'm not trying to call you a fabricator... I'm more so trying to figure out how in the hell he got them for his shorty.

That and the binary's were the two I really wanted, got the binarys...

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Blacks are tempting at full price, but I'll wait a little

Same here... I think we will all benefit from Nike releasing so much other stuff that these will be over looked and discounted..
i've seen these on a few feet already....i dont think they're going on sale with FSR available....

NWT.... I never ask any of my boys for kicks but they'll drop stuff from time to time... but I do stay on them about different kicks.. and with Dolce I've been asking him to talk to his PLMs about retroing the 2K3s like I was the og designer for years lol

im still pluggin.....

When the Reds come in I'll prolly ask my family to leave so I can walk around the house butt naked with them on in all my glory!!! lol
You know the designer?

Eastbay has a FSR of these, no discounts excluded...currently they have a 20% off sale

$160, that's so tempting....
embarassed.gif
  I noticed yesterday the coupon was excluded. I mean these can't go down much more than $160 can they??
I just might pull the trigger. Can yall tell me how these fit compared to the Foamposites? Especially the narrowness.

Thanks

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

$160, that's so tempting....
embarassed.gif
  I noticed yesterday the coupon was excluded. I mean these can't go down much more than $160 can they??
I just might pull the trigger. Can yall tell me how these fit compared to the Foamposites? Especially the narrowness.

Thanks

IMO you might want to go a half a size up. Not true to size like foams.

And they go true to size for me...... but its probably dependent on if your foot is narrow or not.

I just picked up my pair from Eastbay, can't beat $150 with the 25% code for being a platinum member. I have the white and black pair as well, so the all blacks were a must!

Oh I'm not trying to call you a fabricator... I'm more so trying to figure out how in the hell he got them for his shorty.

That and the binary's were the two I really wanted, got the binarys...

Ok... I figured the dude probably has some crazy connect.... Havnt seen him and his fam with nothing on but rookies... The first time I saw his son , he was balling in the hoh black and orange colorway...The age group is 12 if that makes any difference

Wasn't my older sons or my youngest.

I will say there have been some fakes on ebay lately and they were going for $200+ so it could be that.

I will say there aren't an abundance of the Reds floating out there but look for the Blue joints to start popping up at some point in pics.

Wasn't my older sons or my youngest.

I will say there have been some fakes on ebay lately and they were going for $200+ so it could be that.

I will say there aren't an abundance of the Reds floating out there but look for the Blue joints to start popping up at some point in pics.

I normally do not do this... But fam if you have a plug on these I would really like to get in if possible.  I fully understand if thats something you can't do and aren't willing to. I know its a shot in the dark but its one I have to take. I would've sent this through PM but for some reason I can't right now.

For my man asking if they are fake.

Yes. Im 99% sure of that...

There aren't any of these in production and were only a few made for friends and fam... not full size runs. THIS I know.

The only Zooms you will see which are authentic are the one's Dolce signed himself as gifts to people and did a little sketch of and those are Atlantics. I still cant believe someone sold their copy of them they were given.. but I guess you can do what you want with a gift.

Sorry I cant help ya Seymore....as I said before.. I dont even ask for product from any of my boys... I may wait for a hell of a release to call in a favor.. but pretty much wait on boxes to arrive or say yes when asked.

Back
Top Bottom