Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

but speaking of the actual elites, Nike sold them for $600 to the lucky few during the NYC marathon but that came with a 1:1 session with Kipchoge but I wouldn't be surprised if Nike prices it the same, on their contest giveaways that was around what they valued it at retail in their fine prints

there was one dude here who got a pair, maybe he can speak more on it?

Those aren't the streets, look at the bottom. The Streets have rubber all across the bottom. Those images posted show the sole matching Elites and he says they are Elites.
If they are in fact elites. I think it’s gonna be the full 600 bucks or whatever the last pair was. Price is price. Just cause the color is more widely available doesn’t change the tech and therefore, the pricing. At least I think this would be the case based on every Nike release I’ve seen.

but speaking of the actual elites, Nike sold them for $600 to the lucky few during the NYC marathon but that came with a 1:1 session with Kipchoge but I wouldn't be surprised if Nike prices it the same, on their contest giveaways that was around what they valued it at retail in their fine prints

This.

If they are in fact elites. I think it’s gonna be the full 600 bucks or whatever the last pair was. Price is price. Just cause the color is more widely available doesn’t change the tech and therefore, the pricing. At least I think this would be the case based on every Nike release I’ve seen.

I was just thinking those came with a 1 on 1 session so what value was Nike putting on that, if any. A GR @ $600 I can't see selling, but ~$350 I could see serious runners getting behind it.

I was just thinking those came with a 1 on 1 session so what value was Nike putting on that, if any. A GR @ $600 I can't see selling, but ~$350 I could see serious runners getting behind it.
That could change things. But the hyperadapts had a similar 1-1 session, vip treatment for your $720 sneaker in a giant beautiful box w tote bag. And now they’re practically a gr, no vip, no tote, no fancy box and still $720. So...I dunno

That could change things. But the hyperadapts had a similar 1-1 session, vip treatment for your $720 sneaker in a giant beautiful box w tote bag. And now they’re practically a gr, no vip, no tote, no fancy box and still $720. So...I dunno

True.. Good call

20180106_202317.jpg

I've highlighted the standard ZoomX lines in the sole.

$600...we were invited via the Nike Run App With a reserve...it wasn't a 1:1 session more like a meet and greet and it was Thursday before the marathon...that was open to anyone who wanted to reserve but once the slots were full they closed it...

I didn't reserve a pair cause I just couldn't stomach paying that kind of money for running shoes plus it was 3 days before the race which meant there would no time to break them in if you picked up a pair (which I'm pretty sure was on purpose)

After the race I recieved another RSVP because I ran the marathon inviting me to buy a pair (I'm assuming most of the 100 pairs were still available)...then a week later I recieved another notification saying they were fcfs starting that Saturday...

About 2 weeks later I did go down to the Nike running store to pickup and try the 4%...I mentioned to the girl about the elites and I showed her my RSVP...she said all unclaimed pairs were sent back to Nike that Monday morning....

Nike EU did release them online with a $600 retail...a bunch of dudes snatched them up and held them hostage on eBay for $2000+ with very little takers....right now they are trending around $700-$800 and still dropping...

Again...I would LOVE to take them for spin...but I can't stomach $600+ tax for something I will ultimately beat into the ground....

I grabbed the 4% for $120 and that was a super come up....and I've never rode such an amazing shoe...

I'm sure the elites will be some next level ish....but I just couldn't do it....

But I'm sure if they had them in the store...I laced them up....

I would have caved...

those Epic React looks interesting, midsole reminds of the AlphaBounce and speaking of AlphaBounce, I think it might be what Nike hoped for with the react?

I am curious to find out the comfort level on Vapor Street. I wish they use the lunarlon on the midsole, like ZF. From the pics so far, they look "heavy".

I just got my 1st Zoom Fly in. The size 12 fits snuggaliciously but I def see why people may size up. I have more on the way in various sizes (12 & 12.5) so I can stick to one size and sell the others that don't fit after trying on. Im going to lay in bed wearing them and see if my feet fall asleep before I do. 2018 testing methods, get at me.

Last edited:
those Epic React looks interesting, midsole reminds of the AlphaBounce and speaking of AlphaBounce, I think it might be what Nike hoped for with the react?

I haven’t tried the AlphaBounce. How do they compare with Nike cushioning options (zoom air, Lunar, Zoom X)?

Back
Top Bottom