Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

and yah Nikes just changing the shades of the upper, like it's different stages of patina
AA3172_201_U_Des.jpg

AA3172_200_U_Des.jpg

AA3172_300_U_Des.jpg

AH5088_001_U_Des.jpg

AA3172_101_U_Des.jpg

The indigo/purple/orange pair definitely stands out from the other SP colorways. I wish I got in on this sooner because the white/black colorway is really clean.

Yeah they getting repetitive with the cw I want a black based cw or at least a black shade I guess.
yah im out until that happens. I couldn't get behind the sheen of the nyc colorway in midsole - would love a nice matte black sole - maybe a volt accent and something silver/grey up top. could be cool. Im a sucker for volt/black/grey/white nike runners. Lets go shades of AM 95 on one of these suckers.

Its_Diggy Its_Diggy You need at least half size up in SP. So if you normally wear sz 12, then you would need at least sz12.5 in SP.

I think this depends on the individual. I ended up going TTS after spending a few weeks with a +0.5 pair too.
That's my conflict, I've seen both scenarios. I'm still in limbo until I get my delivery. I can save a lot of time and money if 12 works. I'm annoyed that I'm on day 3 with no tracking number and the volume of this shop is low. Probably oversold the last pair unknowingly like Best Buy did to a laptop I needed.

I think this depends on the individual. I ended up going TTS after spending a few weeks with a +0.5 pair too.

Hmm, thinking of copping the Nikelab dark loden cw but they don't have my half size on NDC :ohwell:. Would you say your feet are normal width? They have my full size up, but that's probably too big...

Hmm, thinking of copping the Nikelab dark loden cw but they don't have my half size on NDC :ohwell:. Would you say your feet are normal width? They have my full size up, but that's probably too big...
Once and if I get my shoes that I ordered, I can steer you to that pair way under retail in a full size run. I may go there this weekend and pick one up. The place is legit, just not sure about their online aspect for now.

Normal width here. I'm a 10 in most things and ended up choosing 10 for the SPs. The thing I didn't understand about them at first is that I need to lace them rather tight to prevent my foot from sliding forward, which will mash my toes and make the shoe feel too small.

Sportswear tag so it is a lifestyle shoe. I’m still confused :stoneface:

Attachments

• FE05AB2D-F7E1-4116-9BF7-8CA6F9B643B9.jpeg
    FE05AB2D-F7E1-4116-9BF7-8CA6F9B643B9.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 86E6BA51-7AC4-4407-BE2C-47028B938EC9.jpeg
    86E6BA51-7AC4-4407-BE2C-47028B938EC9.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 53C671EB-3937-4951-85D3-FBBDD6EBF1C5.jpeg
    53C671EB-3937-4951-85D3-FBBDD6EBF1C5.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2961F6FE-64EB-48EF-B849-B2FD89B16FCF.jpeg
    2961F6FE-64EB-48EF-B849-B2FD89B16FCF.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 18
  • BA8CD345-3F57-4ABE-875D-3F79BCE9051F.jpeg
    BA8CD345-3F57-4ABE-875D-3F79BCE9051F.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 8D552C0D-9398-4A57-A1F5-42043EF2BFE0.jpeg
    8D552C0D-9398-4A57-A1F5-42043EF2BFE0.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 72C9350F-CCE7-4F44-A2BC-2C96CF43E8AB.jpeg
    72C9350F-CCE7-4F44-A2BC-2C96CF43E8AB.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 286
Sportswear tag so it is a lifestyle shoe. I’m still confused :stoneface:

I’m wondering if these will be good for running regardless of the Sportswear affiliation. They have react but no plate. Could they be like running in a pair of the Roshe or more like a Zoom Fly SP which is both a running and lifestyle shoe?

Once and if I get my shoes that I ordered, I can steer you to that pair way under retail in a full size run. I may go there this weekend and pick one up. The place is legit, just not sure about their online aspect for now.

Appreciate that. Want to test these bad boys out. Just coming off a knee injury and I want to run a 10k (10 km's) in May so I'd like to take these and a pair of 4%s for a test drive before then.

Normal width here. I'm a 10 in most things and ended up choosing 10 for the SPs. The thing I didn't understand about them at first is that I need to lace them rather tight to prevent my foot from sliding forward, which will mash my toes and make the shoe feel too small.

Thanks - sounds like I may be good with TTS as my feet are normal width. Still not sure though...really just need to try em' on.

Anyone familiar with this Hoka shoes? The midsole design wise is similar to ZF/VF. And I've seen this shoes before VF/ZF came out. Make me wonder if ZF/VF design is nothing new.
hoka.jpg

Anyone familiar with this Hoka shoes? The midsole design wise is similar to ZF/VF. And I've seen this shoes before VF/ZF came out. Make me wonder if ZF/VF design is nothing new.
hoka.jpg

Go buy a pair and run in them to compare. Just because it's a similar silhouette doesn't mean they feel anything like the ZF/VF. I've converted 4 Hoka runners over to the VF. No comparison.

Go buy a pair and run in them to compare. Just because it's a similar silhouette doesn't mean they feel anything like the ZF/VF. I've converted 4 Hoka runners over to the VF. No comparison.
I got my first pair of Hoka Clifton 3s a few months ago. I have never felt a shoe like that before with the way it rocks forward and the plush lite cushion. But I believe you that the V4 is even better. But man $250 vs $130... Is it that much better?

I got my first pair of Hoka Clifton 3s a few months ago. I have never felt a shoe like that before with the way it rocks forward and the plush lite cushion. But I believe you that the V4 is even better. But man $250 vs $130... Is it that much better?

The only knock on the VF is the price, no one can deny how great of a shoe it is for running and for me, nothing is even close in the way it feels, cushions, and reacts. Is it worth it? I have 4 pairs I rotate through and my only gripe is they take longer to put on in transition during Ironman than my previous shoe but I know I'll make up the time by running with them.

The biggest difference to me with the Clifton is the energy return you get in the VF. Yes, the cushion feels good in the Hoka but how much energy is lost with each stride?

my legs doesn't like Hoka, I've tried numerous models and I guess it's heavy and bulk just makes my legs more fatigued

as for the VF 4%, to me beating my PR and making me run faster and longer is worth it, to be honest I kind of stopped buying other running shoes in the meantime because I just want to run in the VFs and train in ZFs so in a way it balanced out my running shoe budget

I usually buy the laters Pegasus, Vomero, Lunarepic and eithe Structure/Elites and I've managed to skip those even on deep discount

only other shoe I am looking forward to are the Pegasus 35 and Peg Turbo

from the Nike earning report in December:

"ZoomX has exceeded our expectations. I've been a part of almost every major innovation at NIKE, and I can confidently say the 4% is among the most significant performance advancements in our history. And this summer, ZoomX will be even more accessible through our celebrated Pegasus, with a new shoe called the Peg Turbo that will join the ZoomX Pegasus 35."

Trevor Evans Nike Prez
"In running, we are seeing brand heat through the running revolution that Mark mentioned. The performance story of Q2 was the incredible impact of the Zoom Vaporfly 4% and the impact it had in the marketplace, as it dominated the podium at the top six marathons this fall. The energy around the Vaporfly 4% and the ZoomX cushioning has a real impact on the rest of our running business. It shows how truly breakthrough performance product drives distinction and creates demand in the market.

also read this dude who said he tested the Peg Turbo but do take it with a grain of salt:

I wear tested the new turbo Peg. It is really something else. Think it releases late spring/early summer.

How does it compare to the Zoom Vaporfly 4% and the Zoom Fly? I am considering trying the Turbo Pegasus to see if I can use it for speedwork, Tempo runs, and MP long runs in place of the Zoom Fly. I still plan to use the 4% for races..

Perfect for tempo and longer mp runs. I wouldnt use it for speed work- go streak 6 (new modified version coming this year as well- different upper) or streak LT4 (releases this week) for faster stuff. The ride in the turbo is not as "squishy" as the vf4, and is slightly more firm than the fly. Think they'll go over well. Of course, so many times I've tried new prototypes as a wear tester, and the finished product is nothing like what I wore.

Great news:
Philadelphia Runner Center City and University City has the Vast Grey VF4 colorway (-004) in stock. CC is out of 9 but has many other sizes, UC has a size 9.

Enjoy!

I can confirm Philly Runner has the vast grey colorway. I can’t believe with all the hype and delays, Nike can drop a new color with no prior promotion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom