Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Still about half the size run available for the VF FK on NDC Canada. Hoping more will be added during the day (my size is sold out).

Two CWs of the ZF FK also up, with the Sequoia marked as ‘coming soon’, but no sign of the platinum/crimson.

Chicago perks? Pretty cool regardless.

Attachments

• E233C1CB-F6AE-456B-9821-DEED46B6B511.png
    E233C1CB-F6AE-456B-9821-DEED46B6B511.png
    381 KB · Views: 61
Are they gonna sellout??? They went live on prodirectrunning.com at 3AM Eastern and at sportsshoes.com an hour later. Except for a few sizes under 8.5, both sites are out of stock already

Edit: There are a bunch sites in the US that are gonna carry these. My guess is that NDC and RW will sellout quick (RW lets you use 10% on these with codes like gingerrun), but other sites like Eastbay and maybe Dicks will have them a bit longer since you'll have to pay full price, but still, they probably won't last more than a day, maybe two days at most. That's my prediction

^ getting a white screen on my end

Anyone else? Exclusive access?

That’s clears it up but sucks for me I still can’t see it on my end

Checked my NRC app to see if I got something and nada. Probably exclusive access.

6 hours later and Nike EU still has a good range of sizes (all sizes from 5.5 - 11 and a few others ) so I expect good stock for US as well.

6 hours later and Nike EU still has a good range of sizes (all sizes from 5.5 - 11 and a few others ) so I expect good stock for US as well.

Good to know! I hope that's true.

I will say that interest in the VF4% near me has definitely risen, and I live in a small town in WI. Initially last year, most of the sub-elites I talked to at the local racing scene had no interest in paying $250 for shoes. At the finish of a HM I raced two weekends ago (1:11:23!! 2nd place + course was 300m long), there were a few other people wearing ZF and one other top finisher who raced in VF for the first time, but everyone was asking me about the bright crimson VF's I had on (hey those are VF right? etc.). Most everyone seemed to know that they were gonna be available again on October 4th. And with EK crushing the WR, the NYT article discussing the effects of VF on race times, etc. I still think these are gonna be a hot commodity

Do you guys recommend TTS or half size up for the FK4%? I went with a 12.5 in the Epic React and it feels fine, but I know some say the Flyknit in the React is very restrictive. I’d hate to order and then reorder, that’s even if there’s a 12.5 made for the FK4% crimsons.

TTS in the ZK FK pretty much melts onto my foot, super comfortable. The Flyknit in the VF feels the same as the ZK FK to me, I went TTS with those as well. I haven't run in the VF FK, but walking around in the house it feels identical. I also went TTS on my Epic Reacts, and those are too tight until they are really broken in, and even then they are a bit snug for casual wear.

Seems like the Platinum/Crimson ZF FK may be delayed. I'm seeing the Black/Gunsmoke/White available at most places, but the only place that actually has the Platinum/Crimson for sale is Dicks, and when you add it to your cart, it shows as "Pre-Order Buy now for shipping by 10/08/18".

Edit: Although jackrabbit.com has them for sale as well and no indication of a "pre-order", so maybe I'm wrong.

Edit Again: BUYANDSAVE25 gives you $25 off at jackrabbit.com and they have the Platinum/Crimson ZF FK for sale, comes out to $134.95

Last edited:
I foot watch a lot at events to see what other runners are wearing. Seen a couple yesterday in the VF FK's. Only people i saw with them.

One guy yesterday had the pure plat/crimson ZF FK, would've asked where he got them from but it was during the race lol. Ton of runners in OG ZF's, SP's & ZF FK's & OG VF's as well. Peg Turbo's were everywhere too. One guy completed the race in some VM Utility's.

Seems like the Platinum/Crimson ZF FK may be delayed. I'm seeing the Black/Gunsmoke/White available at most places, but the only place that actually has the Platinum/Crimson for sale is Dicks, and when you add it to your cart, it shows as "Pre-Order Buy now for shipping by 10/08/18".

Edit: Although jackrabbit.com has them for sale as well and no indication of a "pre-order", so maybe I'm wrong.

Edit Again: BUYANDSAVE25 gives you $25 off at jackrabbit.com and they have the Platinum/Crimson ZF FK for sale, comes out to $134.95

I think the pure platinum pair was live on NDC earlier.

Thanks for the code. I was hoping to order from RW but I may pick them up from Jack Rabbit.

TTS in the ZK FK pretty much melts onto my foot, super comfortable. The Flyknit in the VF feels the same as the ZK FK to me, I went TTS with those as well. I haven't run in the VF FK, but walking around in the house it feels identical. I also went TTS on my Epic Reacts, and those are too tight until they are really broken in, and even then they are a bit snug for casual wear.

I have my ZF FK TRS and they have been working well in a few runs So far. Just spoke to someone at a nearby running shop and they only have a half size up from my TTS in the VF FK. I’m really trying to get these this week and will try them on to see if a half size up will still work.

Last edited:
I hope they do. Got the email that the order was confirmed. Doesn't mean anything until the order is shipped I guess.

Possible that they honor it but wont ship until release day. We'll see.
My ETA says 10/5. Less stress on 10/4.

It’s your money. Who cares what others think.

P.S. they’ll probably make you want to run more though :wink:

Far from a serious runner - is the VF Overkill for someone like me who runs occasionally?
What are your goals?

Do you run races and want to complete against your personal bests? And, probably more importantly, can you afford it? If you answer yes to both, then for sure go for it.

If you just want to run casually and never race, I'd probably recommend a Pegasus Turbo instead.

Back
Top Bottom