Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Discussion in 'Nike' started by rogue5, Mar 7, 2017.

1. getz_racer

getz_racer

I’m holding out for RW to put the blue CW up. The 360 view is there now but they haven’t pulled the trigger yet. They seem to always be late to the party lately.

2. blastercombo

blastercombo

I get they’re a race day shoe but I don’t run any races and to me personal PR’s aren’t worth the price

3. getz_racer

getz_racer

I race in them but to me it’s the training in them that is worth the price. I’m so much less banged up after long runs and tempo runs in them. So much more so than even when wearing the zoom fly or turbos.

And as for the foam scraping away if you’re heel striking... that’s not gonna compromise the shoe. I’ve put a few pairs of these through the ringer with 400+ miles. The bounce you get from the foam even after that much mileage is still far superior to other shoes.

ayipapi, toros23, vento and 1 other person like this.
  4. blastercombo

blastercombo

Hmmm.... good info man. I say all this and like last year bought a pair anyway.

5. nismot

nismot

What is that code?

6. blastercombo

blastercombo

I have a 25% off at Nike.com. Will it work for these?

7. getz_racer

getz_racer

Pretend you’re a female doctor with kids and use MAMADOCS. It’s good for 15% off. I always used GINGERRUN for 10% off and my wife let me know about the mamadocs Facebook group, and that’s where the code is from.

Nije, toros23, origamiskulls and 2 others like this.
  8. rfx45

rfx45

i have a 20% off code and i tried and it doesnt

9. dragicon

dragicon

Dayum! How’d you get a 25%? The only time I remember them having 25% was the Jordan xiv fiasco. I need me a code again. I used to get so many, but they’ve become tight with those.

10. getz_racer

getz_racer

1smartalec likes this.
  11. blastercombo

blastercombo

Damn it

Don’t know man. I returned some tech fleece pants I bought and they sent me an apology letter because I didn’t have the OG shipping label and needed to call them

Sorry, it was therma pants from the holiday sale. Maybe they reimbursed me the holiday clearance coupon?

12. davidleex84

davidleex84

Copped. Size 10 was Mia but when I refreshed 2+ stock came up. I guess ppl just adding to cart and timing out.

Hopefully these are okay to jog in. Will use these for my upcoming 5k lol. (Beyond out of shape)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. Vayporflie

Vayporflie

They're on RW now, but no sizes about a men's 9 :/

14. Vayporflie

Vayporflie

Nevermine. FSR on RW.

15. anht0an

anht0an

Damn missed my chance at a size 10 on RW. $212 is better than $275!

16. 1smartalec

1smartalec

46BEE562-9386-494A-AE08-0C41CEEDA468.jpeg
    First spin in the Zoom Fly FK. Picked up during the Nike sale that ended last weekend. Not too bad. React is known to be a clunker in colder temps so can’t wait to try these in warmer weather. I’m a heel striker but these have me focusing on my stride and adjusting on the fly...can definitely feel it in the shins haha.

17. hiffletron

hiffletron

Interesting idea - I was actually considering doing something like this since I have a pair of unworn VFs and I haven't decided what to do with them yet. Do you keep a specific pair with less mileage on it for racing?

VFs have a really different ride, so I want to put a lot of miles in to get used to 'em so it doesn't feel weird when I'm racing.

18. getz_racer

getz_racer

Yeah that’s what I do, keep a pair exclusively for racing, train in my other older pairs. Last year I raced in a single pair of bright crimsons - did a 10km, two half marathons, one full marathon, and one 5 miler in them. I’ll probably do one more 5 miler in them in March before I retire them to the training stable. I plan on racing in some bright crimson Flyknits this year.

As for training, some people on here might already know, but I do two 1hr (10-11mi) Steady state tempo runs and a 2.5hr long run (22-24mi) each week, and I do those in VFs. I also have a weekly Fartlek that I sometimes do in VF too, but usually in ZF. So I put 45’ish miles on my VF each week. They can handle a lot of miles. The rest of the week is easy running in epic react or turbos, short recovery runs in regular Pegs. My body has been really happy with this rotation.

19. getz_racer

getz_racer

Sorry to spam the thread, but I also recently grabbed the new bright crimson ZF FK, and they seem to be a bit more orange than the VF. The upper color is pretty much identical between the two, but the midsole on the ZF is more orange and the black accents from the swoosh, laces, and pull tab make it seem not so pink as the VF. Here’s a side by side pic:

436C6E8B-A1CC-4573-8DA6-32236A9FA999.jpeg

illustrayt and 1smartalec like this.
  20. 1smartalec

1smartalec

Holy heck Batman, that’s a lot of weekly miles!!

Question, for your longer runs 10mi and further, do you recharge during or before your runs with any chews/supplements? Caffeinated?

21. getz_racer

getz_racer

When I race I take caffeinated gels. I always take one before any race, approx 15-20mins beforehand. I only take gels during a race if it’s a full marathon, and then I take them every 10km’ish. Sometimes the final one is hard to get down.

During training I only take water. And even then, usually only during tempos and long runs. If I’m on the treadmill for those, I drink water every mile. If I’m outside, I like to do loop routes where I swing by my car and grab a small bottle of water which I’ll carry & drink from for about 1/3 of mile, then toss it aside.

I train by Lyadiard method, described in the book Healthy Intelligent Training by Keith Livingstone. He advises to NOT take any sports drinks or gels during training, specifically not during long runs, with the idea that you teach your body to work in glycogen depleted a state. This definitely isn’t the norm out there, but it’s what I do and what is described in the book, and it has worked for me. I can go for 90-100 minute easy runs without taking any water or gel with me any feel good when I’m done.

22. blastercombo

blastercombo

Man postaway, good to hear some tips from a legit runner

jaynev, 1smartalec and hiffletron like this.
  23. rfx45

rfx45

this is very interesting to me because i could go finish an hour/hour&half run and then jump and get some weight training in afterwards without drinking an ounce of liquid and everyone thinks i am weird for it

i can also usually do a few hours of pick-up basketball and never have to drink anything until i get home with little to no issue while my friends are chugging gallons before we even get out of the gym

when i do halfs, i don't even drink much (maybe just a sip halfway through and one cup of water they provide about 2/3 in to finish strong), just those energy gels or in my last couple of halfs, i discovered energy jelly beans and i was just enjoying that too much :lol:

i do enjoy those red vines the spectators hand out to racers

getz_racer likes this.
  24. 1smartalec

1smartalec

The CLIF Blocks and Jelly Belly Energy Beans are my favorite as I have an insane sweet tooth. I call the latter Senzu Beans :rofl:

The caffeine variants taste awful though.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  25. rfx45

rfx45

i am not sure if its the clif blocks but i tried some chewables before and it just got stuck on my teetth like tootsie rolls and just annoyed the hell out of me

but those jelly bean... man i could eat those while window shopping at the mall or just munch on it while i watch tv :lol: