Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

i have a 20% off code and i tried and it doesnt
Damn it

Dayum! How’d you get a 25%? The only time I remember them having 25% was the Jordan xiv fiasco. I need me a code again. I used to get so many, but they’ve become tight with those.
Don’t know man. I returned some tech fleece pants I bought and they sent me an apology letter because I didn’t have the OG shipping label and needed to call them

Sorry, it was therma pants from the holiday sale. Maybe they reimbursed me the holiday clearance coupon?

Copped. Size 10 was Mia but when I refreshed 2+ stock came up. I guess ppl just adding to cart and timing out.

Hopefully these are okay to jog in. Will use these for my upcoming 5k lol. (Beyond out of shape)

Last edited:
46BEE562-9386-494A-AE08-0C41CEEDA468.jpeg

First spin in the Zoom Fly FK. Picked up during the Nike sale that ended last weekend. Not too bad. React is known to be a clunker in colder temps so can’t wait to try these in warmer weather. I’m a heel striker but these have me focusing on my stride and adjusting on the fly...can definitely feel it in the shins haha.

I race in them but to me it’s the training in them that is worth the price. I’m so much less banged up after long runs and tempo runs in them. So much more so than even when wearing the zoom fly or turbos.

And as for the foam scraping away if you’re heel striking... that’s not gonna compromise the shoe. I’ve put a few pairs of these through the ringer with 400+ miles. The bounce you get from the foam even after that much mileage is still far superior to other shoes.
Interesting idea - I was actually considering doing something like this since I have a pair of unworn VFs and I haven't decided what to do with them yet. Do you keep a specific pair with less mileage on it for racing?

VFs have a really different ride, so I want to put a lot of miles in to get used to 'em so it doesn't feel weird when I'm racing.

Interesting idea - I was actually considering doing something like this since I have a pair of unworn VFs and I haven't decided what to do with them yet. Do you keep a specific pair with less mileage on it for racing?

VFs have a really different ride, so I want to put a lot of miles in to get used to 'em so it doesn't feel weird when I'm racing.

Yeah that’s what I do, keep a pair exclusively for racing, train in my other older pairs. Last year I raced in a single pair of bright crimsons - did a 10km, two half marathons, one full marathon, and one 5 miler in them. I’ll probably do one more 5 miler in them in March before I retire them to the training stable. I plan on racing in some bright crimson Flyknits this year.

As for training, some people on here might already know, but I do two 1hr (10-11mi) Steady state tempo runs and a 2.5hr long run (22-24mi) each week, and I do those in VFs. I also have a weekly Fartlek that I sometimes do in VF too, but usually in ZF. So I put 45’ish miles on my VF each week. They can handle a lot of miles. The rest of the week is easy running in epic react or turbos, short recovery runs in regular Pegs. My body has been really happy with this rotation.

Sorry to spam the thread, but I also recently grabbed the new bright crimson ZF FK, and they seem to be a bit more orange than the VF. The upper color is pretty much identical between the two, but the midsole on the ZF is more orange and the black accents from the swoosh, laces, and pull tab make it seem not so pink as the VF. Here’s a side by side pic:

436C6E8B-A1CC-4573-8DA6-32236A9FA999.jpeg

Yeah that’s what I do, keep a pair exclusively for racing, train in my other older pairs. Last year I raced in a single pair of bright crimsons - did a 10km, two half marathons, one full marathon, and one 5 miler in them. I’ll probably do one more 5 miler in them in March before I retire them to the training stable. I plan on racing in some bright crimson Flyknits this year.

As for training, some people on here might already know, but I do two 1hr (10-11mi) Steady state tempo runs and a 2.5hr long run (22-24mi) each week, and I do those in VFs. I also have a weekly Fartlek that I sometimes do in VF too, but usually in ZF. So I put 45’ish miles on my VF each week. They can handle a lot of miles. The rest of the week is easy running in epic react or turbos, short recovery runs in regular Pegs. My body has been really happy with this rotation.

Holy heck Batman, that’s a lot of weekly miles!!

Question, for your longer runs 10mi and further, do you recharge during or before your runs with any chews/supplements? Caffeinated?

Holy heck Batman, that’s a lot of weekly miles!!

Question, for your longer runs 10mi and further, do you recharge during or before your runs with any chews/supplements? Caffeinated?

When I race I take caffeinated gels. I always take one before any race, approx 15-20mins beforehand. I only take gels during a race if it’s a full marathon, and then I take them every 10km’ish. Sometimes the final one is hard to get down.

During training I only take water. And even then, usually only during tempos and long runs. If I’m on the treadmill for those, I drink water every mile. If I’m outside, I like to do loop routes where I swing by my car and grab a small bottle of water which I’ll carry & drink from for about 1/3 of mile, then toss it aside.

I train by Lyadiard method, described in the book Healthy Intelligent Training by Keith Livingstone. He advises to NOT take any sports drinks or gels during training, specifically not during long runs, with the idea that you teach your body to work in glycogen depleted a state. This definitely isn’t the norm out there, but it’s what I do and what is described in the book, and it has worked for me. I can go for 90-100 minute easy runs without taking any water or gel with me any feel good when I’m done.

Sorry to spam the thread, but I also recently grabbed the new bright crimson ZF FK, and they seem to be a bit more orange than the VF. The upper color is pretty much identical between the two, but the midsole on the ZF is more orange and the black accents from the swoosh, laces, and pull tab make it seem not so pink as the VF. Here’s a side by side pic:

436C6E8B-A1CC-4573-8DA6-32236A9FA999.jpeg
Man postaway, good to hear some tips from a legit runner

I train by Lyadiard method, described in the book Healthy Intelligent Training by Keith Livingstone. He advises to NOT take any sports drinks or gels during training, specifically not during long runs, with the idea that you teach your body to work in glycogen depleted a state. This definitely isn’t the norm out there, but it’s what I do and what is described in the book, and it has worked for me. I can go for 90-100 minute easy runs without taking any water or gel with me any feel good when I’m done.

this is very interesting to me because i could go finish an hour/hour&half run and then jump and get some weight training in afterwards without drinking an ounce of liquid and everyone thinks i am weird for it

i can also usually do a few hours of pick-up basketball and never have to drink anything until i get home with little to no issue while my friends are chugging gallons before we even get out of the gym

when i do halfs, i don't even drink much (maybe just a sip halfway through and one cup of water they provide about 2/3 in to finish strong), just those energy gels or in my last couple of halfs, i discovered energy jelly beans and i was just enjoying that too much :lol:

i do enjoy those red vines the spectators hand out to racers

The CLIF Blocks and Jelly Belly Energy Beans are my favorite as I have an insane sweet tooth. I call the latter Senzu Beans :rofl:

The caffeine variants taste awful though.

Last edited:
i am not sure if its the clif blocks but i tried some chewables before and it just got stuck on my teetth like tootsie rolls and just annoyed the hell out of me

but those jelly bean... man i could eat those while window shopping at the mall or just munch on it while i watch tv :lol:

I eat the Stinger Waffles too, but I don’t feel anything, so I just use them as a midday snack.

Cinnamon, Lemon and Gingersnap are top flavors in my experience.

I like GU Jet Blackberry which has 40mg of caffeine, that’s what I’ve been using. I did pick up some Maurten Drink mix and gels over Xmas which I plan on trying out at some point.

I like GU Jet Blackberry which has 40mg of caffeine, that’s what I’ve been using. I did pick up some Maurten Drink mix and gels over Xmas which I plan on trying out at some point.

Let us know what you think of Maurten. I’m interested in trying I’ve seen mixed reviews so have been hesitant to buy.

Let us know what you think of Maurten. I’m interested in trying I’ve seen mixed reviews so have been hesitant to buy.

An opinion from a novice runner.... I don't really run far enough to need them (8 miles max), but I tried the Maurten powders and the gels and they both wrecked my stomach post-run. I tried experimenting with different meals earlier in the day, more/less water, etc, but could never find a combo where these didn't mess with me. I plan to try again but right now I need to cut long runs out of my program for a bit.

Long time lurker who took forever to even make an account and high 2:30s marathoner (fingers crossed I'll be be able to claim mid or low at the end of this training block) but I'll chime in that I love the Maurten gels. Gatorade was always kinda meh for me, my stomach hates cliff blocks with a passion, and its always been a coin flip how my stomach reacts to GU on hard long mileage efforts. No caffeine but they're waaayyy easier on my stomach that other stuff. I've also found them easier to get down in the later stages during races since they aren't flavored (though to be fair I've never actually sought out anything that wasn't flavored in the past).

I use Maurten on most of my hard sessions where I'll be doing a higher volume of harder running. Gels / 160 / 320 all work really well for me. Texture of gels is the biggest plus to me. Go down so easy even when running Half pace. I use the 160 mix on shorter workouts that will have around 6-8 miles of work and 10-12 total with warm up and cool down. The 320 mix I'll use for my biggest sessions / races. I'll be using it in Houston next week when I race the half for sure.

For me, it is easy on my stomach and I am able to get both hydration and carbs in one go. Its a win win. Since I'm only using it once a week, maybe twice a week at most, it is not bad at all.

I’m a slow marathoner (3:38 ), and have used Maurten 320 a couple times and have never had and stomach or digestive issues. Kept my legs and my body feeling fresh and fueled. Just ordered another box off RW with that code getz_racer getz_racer posted!

Back
Top Bottom