Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

got a notification from the ndc app to sign up for notification for the AFN% releasing on 8.13

doubt it'll help as those notifications arrive a few minutes after release when the shoes are already sold out anyways but i figure some of yall still wants to know

IMG_4140.jpg

Heel cushioning equivalent to vaporfly 4% flyknit, but a bit more stiffness at the forefoot cushioning. You certainly feel more sole under forefoot.
Upper fit similar to VF 4% flyknit, but flyknit is thinner from laces to toe.
Comfortable, obviously don't feel as elevated as AFly.
Shoe certainly has an interesting look.
Where’s you cop?

mb2809 mb2809 How's the sizing compared to ZF3 or Next%? And like everybody else, where u copped from? :smile:
Kickscrew
Delivered within 1 week of purchase

Sizing comparable to next% but the Flyknit versions with always feel a little more snug to me. A bit more snug than ZF3, but again it could just be the way the flyknit versions feel to me such as VF4% flyknit.

Kickscrew
Delivered within 1 week of purchase

Sizing comparable to next% but the Flyknit versions with always feel a little more snug to me. A bit more snug than ZF3, but again it could just be the way the flyknit versions feel to me such as VF4% flyknit.
Also regarding delivery I was concerned about delivery time as I have purchased there before and it took much longer than this time. Was impressed it got here quickly. And I’m in Texas FYI.

Also regarding delivery I was concerned about delivery time as I have purchased there before and it took much longer than this time. Was impressed it got here quickly. And I’m in Texas FYI.
Did/do you have to pay for any customs/duties/etc?

I've used them before so do think they are legit, I got the HK Peg Turbo 1's from them a couple of years back shipped to the UK, don't remember how long the shipping took.

My order for the tempo's quoted 7 business days to ship to the UK, not sure if that considers the covid delays but going with it anyway.

I ordered them from kicks crew on 23 July and got them on 31 July.8 day ship time is not bad. Can’t wait to run in these

mb2809 mb2809 We all are waiting for you :lol:
Lol....baseball tournament weekend with my son caused delay.
How to describe these without trying to sound like an elite runner which I am not? I have every shoe with a plate and most shoes with dynamic cushioning because that’s what I prefer most. So, obviously because of design, these feel most like the step-child of the alphafly. Just not as “alpha”, like the AF with an introverts personality versus extrovert. Honestly I’m not a fan of the cushioning “soup” of pods in front versus heel cushioning. Maybe it’s just me but it feels like I’m trying to get max out of both when running and it makes me feel not as smooth. But also something I can get used to I suppose. Remember for me simple is better and these are complicated (kind of like AF) and a bit heavier. I like them because they look cool and have nice cushioning but I don’t know that I will reach for them on a Tuesday morning when I need to get workout done and get my day moving. Someone asked for comparison to turbo2 above....heavier, more stack obviously, turbo feels like my foot is pounding pavement certainly more than these, aesthetics nicer than turbo2, these will be better than turbo for more serious runners I’m sure, and the tongue on turbo2 drifts around on me and I hate that and these will not. Sorry this is not an elite runner review, but it’s how I use my shoes.
These don’t feel like anything I have from Hoka, NB, Saucony, Mizuno, ASICS, and all the Nike’s...softer than most but heavier than most. If you own the AF you know what you are getting....the very much milder version.

Lol....baseball tournament weekend with my son caused delay.
How to describe these without trying to sound like an elite runner which I am not? I have every shoe with a plate and most shoes with dynamic cushioning because that’s what I prefer most. So, obviously because of design, these feel most like the step-child of the alphafly. Just not as “alpha”, like the AF with an introverts personality versus extrovert. Honestly I’m not a fan of the cushioning “soup” of pods in front versus heel cushioning. Maybe it’s just me but it feels like I’m trying to get max out of both when running and it makes me feel not as smooth. But also something I can get used to I suppose. Remember for me simple is better and these are complicated (kind of like AF) and a bit heavier. I like them because they look cool and have nice cushioning but I don’t know that I will reach for them on a Tuesday morning when I need to get workout done and get my day moving. Someone asked for comparison to turbo2 above....heavier, more stack obviously, turbo feels like my foot is pounding pavement certainly more than these, aesthetics nicer than turbo2, these will be better than turbo for more serious runners I’m sure, and the tongue on turbo2 drifts around on me and I hate that and these will not. Sorry this is not an elite runner review, but it’s how I use my shoes.
These don’t feel like anything I have from Hoka, NB, Saucony, Mizuno, ASICS, and all the Nike’s...softer than most but heavier than most. If you own the AF you know what you are getting....the very much milder version.

What do you prefer for your daily trainer?

My Tempo Next% came through KicksCrew as well this morning, pretty quick turn around in the end as ordered them 10 days ago from HK to UK.

Weight comparisons in a US sz 10.5:
277g - Tempo Next%
238g - Alphafly Next%
201g - Vaporfly Next%
285g - Zoom Fly 3
230g - Pegasus Turbo 2

Have not run in them yet, just tried them on and walked around, my initial thoughts:

Fit
- They seem quite snug, similar to the alphafly's but a bit tighter around the foot out the box. But there is more room around the arch of the foot in the tempo's vs the alpha's though, to me the arch on the alpha's felt super tight. Need a bit more break-in time with them as I expect the flyknit will stretch a bit after a first run and things could change.

Cushion
- They don't feel as soft as the peg turbo's walking around, with the zoom pods in forefoot it makes sense though, think its the similar change when comparing Vaporfly vs Alphafly. The ZF3's are a bit softer I find, although its much heavier and I always felt it was bottom heavy too - the Tempo's definitely feel lighter and better on foot.

- Tempo's do feel softer than the Alphafly's though, walking around its easier on the foot for sure. Will see how that translates to the road when I start running in both.

Stack-height
- Tempo's don't feel as high from the ground as the Alpha's though, I thought the stack height would be taller in the Tempo's but it looks to be other way around from my initial look and the photos I took. I've not done any runs in either Alpha's or Tempo's yet though so can't really comment on how either will feel on the road just yet.

C900515E-2295-4DCA-9CE9-71946B167B78.jpg

5DD00DD6-06D1-45F6-A2D7-2A0601E08B46.JPG

899D11C7-094D-4B9B-B29F-A2C035280751.JPG

My Tempo Next% came through KicksCrew as well this morning, pretty quick turn around in the end as ordered them 10 days ago from HK to UK.

Weight comparisons in a US sz 10.5:
277g - Tempo Next%
238g - Alphafly Next%
201g - Vaporfly Next%
285g - Zoom Fly 3
230g - Pegasus Turbo 2

Have not run in them yet, just tried them on and walked around, my initial thoughts:

Fit
- They seem quite snug, similar to the alphafly's but a bit tighter around the foot out the box. But there is more room around the arch of the foot in the tempo's vs the alpha's though, to me the arch on the alpha's felt super tight. Need a bit more break-in time with them as I expect the flyknit will stretch a bit after a first run and things could change.

Cushion
- They don't feel as soft as the peg turbo's walking around, with the zoom pods in forefoot it makes sense though, think its the similar change when comparing Vaporfly vs Alphafly. The ZF3's are a bit softer I find, although its much heavier and I always felt it was bottom heavy too - the Tempo's definitely feel lighter and better on foot.

- Tempo's do feel softer than the Alphafly's though, walking around its easier on the foot for sure. Will see how that translates to the road when I start running in both.

Stack-height
- Tempo's don't feel as high from the ground as the Alpha's though, I thought the stack height would be taller in the Tempo's but it looks to be other way around from my initial look and the photos I took. I've not done any runs in either Alpha's or Tempo's yet though so can't really comment on how either will feel on the road just yet.

C900515E-2295-4DCA-9CE9-71946B167B78.jpg

5DD00DD6-06D1-45F6-A2D7-2A0601E08B46.JPG

899D11C7-094D-4B9B-B29F-A2C035280751.JPG

Excellent review (and reviews from those that have posted previously on these). All of you ordering form KicksCrew prompted me to order a pair from them over the weekend.

Looking back at the previous posts related to the Tempo Next% and the Tempo FK - and reading the reviews here as well as the video reviews that have been shared, I go back to the one big difference other than the midsole foam - the segmented toe on the midsole of the Tempo FK. My guess is that it's there to reproduce the "crash" of the ZoomX foam of the Tempo Next% that reviewers are saying helps the forward propulsion effect. Since the foam on the Tempo FK is assumedly denser, the segmented toe probably helps to recreate that forward motion.

Speaking of....as if anyone really knows at this point...any general release information out there for the Tempo FK (not Tempo Next%)?

The Tempo FK is a GS/kids model...is that the one you're asking about? If so, I haven't seen updated release info.

Back
Top Bottom