Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Did a few miles in the Invincible. I like them a lot. The cushioning is great and there is a a spring-ness to them that keeps you going. I really appreciate that wider forefoot area, really lovely. The padding around your ankle is nice as well, the lock in is good on this one. folks.

I think it's quite similar to the sensation of the Fresh Foam X on the 1080v10 I had, except there is a thicker stack of cushion and a smidgen more springy-ness to the ZoomX here in the Invincible and obviously the upper is more substantial and padded/comfy.

I remember being more impressed with the 1080 than the Invincible on first run, could be because I had not tried fresh foam x at that point... whereas I was kind of expecting the Zoomx in the Invincible to feel like the alpha fly Zoomx (it doesn't).

Last edited:
Did a few miles in the Invincible. I like them a lot. The cushioning is great and there is a a spring-ness to them that keeps you going. I really appreciate that wider forefoot area, really lovely. The padding around your ankle is nice as well, the lock in is good on this one. I think it's quite similar to the sensation of the Fresh Foam X on the 1080v10 I had, except there is more cushion and a smidgen more springy-ness to the zoomx here in the Invincible and obviously the upper is more substantial and padded/comfy. I'm going by memory obviously. I remember being more impressed with the 1080 than the Invincible on first run, could be because I'd not tried fresh foam x before... whereas I was kind of expecting the Zoomx in the Invincible to feel like the alpha fly Zoomx (it doesn't).
Did you run fast or slow??

I wonder if the ZoomX is the same type across the Invincible / Vaporfly / Alphafly? Invincible does have that sink in cushioning feeling but feels like a bit more dense, not sure if needs break in.

I wonder if the ZoomX is the same type across the Invincible / Vaporfly / Alphafly? Invincible does have that sink in cushioning feeling but feels like a bit more dense, not sure if needs break in.
Interesting - there could be something to Edd Budd's observations on this.

Good question and I wonder the same. I remember bottoming out/lushness dissipating in the first Pegasus Turbo after logging 100+ on them which I thought was too soon. Hopefully more density and material counters that for some extra longevity.

Have to assume it's a denser variant for longevity purposes. If you tried to apply ZoomX/PEBAX from the VF's as is, without the plate, it'll be relative mush.

FWIW, I'll settle for a cruiser that doesn't pinch my midfoot/arch as much as the Infinity React's in my rotation.

My bid on the Invincible on stockx was accepted for retail. With all the middleman fees, i'm paying $20.00 above retail/ tax.

How do you guys know which arch support works best? I watched that video, and I have all of most of those shoes... turbo, fk 4%, Pegasus 33, fk racer; and I can’t say my arches have ever ached afterwards or during. I also don’t run as often or as far as most people in here. It’s made me wonder if I should be using a shoe with more or less arch support. Usually if I get aches from running, it is right below my knee.

geez, first a 17min review from the edd dude then 18min for that up top...

1613434464743.gif

*clicks play*

Not in the same way as say avaporfly/alphafly or even endorphin speed. There is a spring effect which I guess helps you keep moving but definitely not propulsive it that makes sense.
Makes sense. You get the rebound affect (vertical bounce), but without a plate or heavy rocker upfront, that energy isn't really directed forwards.

his scoring is weird af

each category is out of 3 but then he adds fractions scores so there’s a 1.8 or 2.3

and then it totals up to max of 12...

when coming up with his own scoring, dude was like...

1613435397936.gif

just mad random
Yeah but he keeps it fun!

Back
Top Bottom