Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Invincibles or saucony endorphin speeds?

Different shoe for different purposes as they say. Personally I prefer the Speed, now I've tried both but that's only because I like to run faster than slower most days. For slow / long days, I can see the Invincible being good, need to run in them more though to make t a better judgement.

Different shoe for different purposes as they say. Personally I prefer the Speed, now I've tried both but that's only because I like to run faster than slower most days. For slow / long days, I can see the Invincible being good, need to run in them more though to make t a better judgement.
It’s crazy to think that when I was in high school and college I didn’t have much money in addition to not knowing any better so, I’d run in whatever shoes i had; basketball shoes a majority of the time. Now to hear people talk about the the pace of the run is a factor in picking the right shoes is crazy to me.

It’s crazy to think that when I was in high school and college I didn’t have much money in addition to not knowing any better so, I’d run in whatever shoes i had; basketball shoes a majority of the time. Now to hear people talk about the the pace of the run is a factor in picking the right shoes is crazy to me.

Of course you have more options these days, you have the means and you want to, you can get everything to fit your routine. I use to run barefoot when running for school district team 'back in the day'. There was a lot of things you do differently 'back in the day' because you had ZERO options lol :tongue:

I get you though, like yourself, I also don't get why folks these days like to run in tops, I run topless, zero airflow issues and no don't need dri-fit or any of that tech. Nipples sore as F from the cold though mind you.

Of course you have more options these days, you have the means and you want to, you can get everything to fit your routine. I use to run barefoot when running for school district team 'back in the day'. There was a lot of things you do differently 'back in the day' because you had ZERO options lol :tongue:

I get you though, like yourself, I also don't get why folks these days like to run in tops, I run topless, zero airflow issues and no don't need dri-fit or any of that tech. Nipples sore as F from the cold though mind you.
Wait topless even when it’s cold enough to hurt your nipples?!?

Makes sense. You get the rebound affect (vertical bounce), but without a plate or heavy rocker upfront, that energy isn't really directed forwards.
That’s why I really wish they would put at least a nylon plate in a ZoomX shoe like the endorphin speeds. Just makes sense.

Just like Apple, Nike won't pull out all the cards at the same time.

Exactly. Nike plans its R&D around having multiple iterations of a shoe so that a few ideas can be stretched over a few years. They'll never give you everything right away because it means that you'll come back next year for a slight incremental update that leads to the thing you're actually asking for. For example, it took this long to get an all ZoomX shoe when so many people were asking for it since the OG VF. They gave us the Peg Turbos first.

nikes a zoomx tease

they have made several casual shoes with full zoomx, even some with fused recycled zoomx rubber

im one of those dudes that dripping sweat bugs the hell out of me so i need so e sweat wicking material to keep me dry, hell when its super hot and i feel my sweat dripping in my arms i feel like im wiping it off every 2 min so i cant go shirtless because i wouldnt stop thinking about it

As newer to the thread, I did not find the original Pegasus Turbos to provide any cushion at all underfoot - wasn't that supposed to be a full ZoomX midsole?

YMMV.

I have 0 arches in my foot. According to some experts, it means I have no shock aborbers or springs for impacts on a surface, especially at higher speeds.

I felt like the cushioning on the Pegasus Turbo was soft. There just wasn't any propelling from a nylon or carbon plate. Without the plate, I preferred the ER 1.

As newer to the thread, I did not find the original Pegasus Turbos to provide any cushion at all underfoot - wasn't that supposed to be a full ZoomX midsole?
In addition to the half & half ZoomX / React, the Turbos also didn't have a high stack height--28 / 18. The Invincibles are supposed to be 37 / 28.

YMMV.

I have 0 arches in my foot. According to some experts, it means I have no shock aborbers or springs for impacts on a surface, especially at higher speeds.

I felt like the cushioning on the Pegasus Turbo was soft. There just wasn't any propelling from a nylon or carbon plate. Without the plate, I preferred the ER 1.
The Turbos feel soft but I felt like they bottomed out and it almost felt like wearing a highly cushioned sock with racing flats.

Exactly. Nike plans its R&D around having multiple iterations of a shoe so that a few ideas can be stretched over a few years. They'll never give you everything right away because it means that you'll come back next year for a slight incremental update that leads to the thing you're actually asking for. For example, it took this long to get an all ZoomX shoe when so many people were asking for it since the OG VF. They gave us the Peg Turbos first.
I keep saying give me a peg turbo 2 with a nylon plate for the love of baby Jesus!

The Turbos feel soft but I felt like they bottomed out and it almost felt like wearing a highly cushioned sock with racing flats.
I’ll admit. I preferred the ER1 so I never put miles on the Turbo 1s. I gave the Turbo 2s a shot. They didn’t seem to bottom out after 100 miles. They still had the same issue. Where do they fit in the product line?

Infinity React. Zoom Fly 3. NEXT. Alphafly. Pegasus 37.

Pegasus 37 had zoom pods and React soles...

I think Turbos were intended to be the tempo/speed day trainer and were largely replaced by the Tempo Next%.
Both are weird shoes. Just make the next Zoom Fly.

Then folks can go Epic To Infinity Zoom Fly for their easy to tempo/speed day.

Back
Top Bottom