Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

That article that mentions the Full CF plate is for the AlphaFly not the Tempo though.

The Tempo uses a similar plate akin to the Zoom Fly 1s, no?

0B896C3C-5C5A-4408-8041-DBD481DF18DC.jpeg
That's an alpha fly...

If it was carbon, nike would call it carbon. It's not carbon. It's composite: a stiff plastic that is more flexible, not as strong, and heavier than carbon. Also less expensive and cannot be flex tuned as easily as carbon.

B bluegrey is it safe to say if you like the current AF and love the forefoot pods to grab them while you can and maybe double because the second one migh tnot have it based on those designs?

or they'll like just do a small tweak on the AF2 and then have the third one have the big change like what nike usually does with their cycles?

I'm actually not sure what the successor to the alphafly is going to be like, but it seems like they won't be released for a while anyway. the only info I've seen about them is when cuan walker mentioned on instagram that they are "very different"

There are teardowns of the tempo Next which show the plate, its super flexible (not carbon) and not full length, If I recall correctly it was orange in the video I saw and looked like a piece of plastic

Mate, I'm sorry but you're incorect. The Tempo doesn't have a Carbon Fiber plate, but a plate made of a firm foam. Just look at TC1990 "likes to comments" ratio, please don't question the GOAT of this Community.

giphy (1).gif
No one questioned him. He even said carbon and composite. So argue with your momma.

Still have hope that they would drop it today. Maybe 10 AM PST lol. Wasn't the Eliud AF dropped around mid-morning?

I recognize there have been mixed reviews but the Tempo have been a great shoe for me. I have two pair and hope to stock up when they go on clearance.
I think if they $100 then I would be ok with it. But I wasn’t a huge fan of how they felt while running. Maybe I run too slow. Who knows.

Feeling like these Invincibles are never releasing here. WTF is Nike doing? They've been "Coming Soon" on the US app for nearly a month now.

I think if they $100 then I would be ok with it. But I wasn’t a huge fan of how they felt while running. Maybe I run too slow. Who knows.

For what it's worth, if you're not mid-forefoot striking on those pods and putting something into the Tempos, they feel somewhat disjointed. They come alive for me at 7:30/mile pace and below and really make running faster feel easy. They're not as versatile as the Endorphin Speed but better than them at pace, I've found.

would be jnteresting if AF become a shoe that only comes out during olympic years

Back
Top Bottom