Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

really need the invincibles like yesterday

rincon, ir1 and novablasts are my mvp of 2020 as my max cushioned daily trainer but all 3 probably has a good 400-500 miles each at this point

this years gon' be invincibles (which sounds an upgrade to those 3) and maybe the NB FFMV2

damn I only got like 130 miles out of my rincon before they felt flat (piece of the rubber came out way before then also). currently rotating between 4 pairs of the novablast as my daily trainer.

damn I only got like 130 miles out of my rincon before they felt flat (piece of the rubber came out way before then also). currently rotating between 4 pairs of the novablast as my daily trainer.
I had a similar experience with the Rincon. Got some Mach 4s showing up this week and I think between those, the Invincibles and the FFMV3, I should be set for 2021.

Last edited:
FedEx dropped off a day early for BRS and the CG’s. My consolation prize I guess for missing on the surprise VFN2 limited release yesterday. VFN BRS cw isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love that retro look to them.

E88BF86E-E8D0-48C7-B2D6-7B8E9307B5BE.jpeg

If anyone is looking for the Ekiden AF check out The Loop or a few of the other well known running shops. I missed out on the VF Next 2 yesterday but am happy to get a pair of these.

FedEx dropped off a day early for BRS and the CG’s. My consolation prize I guess for missing on the surprise VFN2 limited release yesterday. VFN BRS cw isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love that retro look to them.

My BRS VFN2 is still on hold in Fedex...

That's a great achievement, he must be buzzing. Nice shoes he has on >D still haven't taken my pair out yet and great to hear they're popping up in the US now.

weird that the product pic they used look like it has some sharpie writing on it, to those who purchased, let us know if it comes with it or nike was just too lazy to ps them out

1614587829793.jpeg
N%2 arrived today. Indeed have this sharpie writing on the midsole. Unsurprisingly though, each pair some seems to come with the same number...

Must say that in real they don‘t look quite as great as in the images. Esp. in white the new flyknit reminds me of a fly screen or sth. Looks a little cheap (25 bucks cheaper?😅), though might be better if not worn with dark socks as I do now.

Just taking some strides at home, Next%2 definitely feel a little different, I would say BETTER, than v1. Guess that‘s because the new upper is much more flexible and doesn‘t „fold“ noticeably when transitioning from heel to toe. Shoe generally feels a little more flexible though sole unit should be the same. Good mix of old Next% and Alphafly actually. Gonna wait awhile before taking them out, so can‘t tell for sure yet.

Thanks for the infos, I guess it wasnt supposed to be and I am actually happy now I didnt buy that CW as I kinda wanna save my money anyways for olympic stuff (fingers crossed its gonna happen)

Are the little orange tab features on the forefoot instep actually misaligned, or was that just a bad mock-up photo?

Are the little orange tab features on the forefoot instep actually misaligned, or was that just a bad mock-up photo?
This little orange patch is certainly odd, but I wouldn‘t call it misaligned. What‘s misaligned though is the orange swoosh on the outsole. It doesn‘t fit the punched swoosh like it normally does but is kind of aslant. Some weird little details...
Speaking of details : serrated laces, same as the Alphafly’s. Not sure if this was the best choice
though. They are extremely hard to pull, to loosen or move in any way. Good thing they might stick to their place once you managed to lace them up tightly.

illustrayt illustrayt my favorite upper of all time is the lunar epic...how do they perform with the %soles? I’ve sent the mock up to Govern at least twice and still haven’t pulled the trigger 🥺

At this point...are people more excited by the Next 2 or the Alphafly?
I like the AF for being this racing couch - fun and comfy at different speeds, for practising forefoot running in particular, enjoying the feel of the airpods etc.
However, lockdown and secure fit is really bad in my eyes, and I need that with a racing shoe. As the Next%2 incorporates some improvements the AF originally had, I feel it now wins the race by even a bigger margin. Assume the AF will be discontinued before long or, very possible too, change its design in a more radical manner.

Maybe you need one of your parents to work for Nike. Or get sponsored lol. Basically get a plug. The game is rigged,

my parents ? I must be a lot older than you lol - I always buy these a few pair at a time so I’ve always got a pair on deck, so no need to chase the first wave, but digging the white color way

edit - good one! lol caught up on my current events, thanks datrippeleffect

Last edited:
At this point...are people more excited by the Next 2 or the Alphafly?

AF just because I am curious if theyll keep the airpods or not, has a second gen been confirmed?

we pretty much know whats up with the Next%2 at this point, just a matter of color blocking they go with

Back
Top Bottom