Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

2023.99.99 nike alphafly next% 2 - 10.png

I’m bummed out by the VF3 personally. I’ve bought 2-3 Vaporflies a year since introduction and this one is my least favorite. The upper is loose, as has been mentioned. Takes me multiple stabs to lace these up every time I put them on! Always one side tighter and the other. And then generally these run larger on my foot - more play inside the shoe plus more cushioning (or what feels like it to me) and it’s just a sloppier experience.

I've done two runs in the VF3 so far. 5k last saturday and a track workout yesterday. The ride definitely lost some bite compared to the VF2 so wouldn't be reaching for these on short distance road races. Could definitely see the added cushioning help during the last 10k of 26.2 though. Lockdown isn't as great so will check out 1/2 size down if i happen to pass a Nike store when in the city.

Durability concerns as a heel striker. Here's the shoes after 17 miles. In the VF2 they would start looking like this maybe after 150 miles.

IMG_1973.jpeg

I've done two runs in the VF3 so far. 5k last saturday and a track workout yesterday. The ride definitely lost some bite compared to the VF2 so wouldn't be reaching for these on short distance road races. Could definitely see the added cushioning help during the last 10k of 26.2 though. Lockdown isn't as great so will check out 1/2 size down if i happen to pass a Nike store when in the city.

Durability concerns as a heel striker. Here's the shoes after 17 miles. In the VF2 they would start looking like this maybe after 150 miles.

I feel like the design in the heel of the shoe which kind of looks like a staircase is asking to get a ton of wear, that just creates friction against the pavement whether you heel strike or not. I almost never get visible wear in the heel of my shoes as I'm a mid-forefoot striker and I have it in the VF3. It's cosmetic and doesn't impact performance but it's not great to look at.

I feel like the design in the heel of the shoe which kind of looks like a staircase is asking to get a ton of wear, that just creates friction against the pavement whether you heel strike or not. I almost never get visible wear in the heel of my shoes as I'm a mid-forefoot striker and I have it in the VF3. It's cosmetic and doesn't impact performance but it's not great to look at.

It’s exposed foam in the general area I usually have the most wear at. Not sure if I’m going to return or not.

I 100% agree. Poor design choice with the staircase shape in the foam. I've run maybe 50 miles in mine and the stairs are basically worn flat in that area. It doesn't change the performance of the shoe for me. I did a 1 hour steady tempo on Friday in VFNXT 1's on the trail, a 2.5 hour long run yesterday on the road in the VFNXT2's (basically a fresh pair, 2nd run in them), and a 1 hour steady tempo today in the VFNXT 3's also on the road. I'll absolutely be running my next marathon in the 3's.

IMG_7803.jpeg

YO! Same here. The 3s feel better overall. It’s just their durability that I’m concerned about.

Nice grab especially for that price!! Been looking for my 1st pair of VF2s maybe I’ll check my local outlet this weekend.

Damn you illustrayt illustrayt !!! Went to my local outlet this weekend hoping to see a pair of VF2s.. no luck, so now I’m really thinking about pulling the trigger on a total orange pair for $140.

NDC has seemed to dry up on stock since they are 40% off now so my size is gone on all pair.

My crappy run yesterday makes me feel like I need an upgrade LOL.

There was a restock of the VF 3 in the proto CW for women today. I picked up a pair and sized up 1.5. There are still sizes available.

I was also able to use my 15% off $150 coupon from the Camp Nike campaign.

Back
Top Bottom